Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2008   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default I am so sick of our QB play

This pair of QBs just continue to turn the ball over. For every good thing they do, they turn around and kill it with a turnover. And I don't put any of the turnovers on Kubiak, either. The QBs are just making boneheaded stupid plays.
Old 11-09-2008   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: I am so sick of our QB play

I do put some of the turnovers on kubiak, because he should've made smarter calls, like the int on the 1 yard line.

But both of our QB's suck. Plain and simple.
Old 11-09-2008   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I do put some of the turnovers on kubiak, because he should've made smarter calls, like the int on the 1 yard line.

How in the hell was that INT a bad play call? Sage just flat didn't pay attention to the fact that Ngata slid out to disrupt the passing lane. There is NO FREAKING WAY that was a bad play call by Kubiak. Give me a friggin' break.
Old 11-09-2008   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

daniels was wide open in the back of the endzone, that was a poor throw.

i'm sick of it too. not so much with schaub though because atleast schaub can put up points in a favre-like way. lots of turnovers and touchdowns. sage one the other hand ... ugh.
Old 11-09-2008   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
How in the hell was that INT a bad play call? Sage just flat didn't pay attention to the fact that Ngata slid out to disrupt the passing lane. There is NO FREAKING WAY that was a bad play call by Kubiak. Give me a friggin' break.
Kubiak for some reason or another has no confidence in Slaton. At the 1 yard line, you have three chances to run it 1 yard, and you choose to pass? It doesn't make sense to me. At least it does to you.
Old 11-09-2008   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so sick of EVERYBODY'S PLAY.........this suckage is a complete team effort.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #7
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It only took one reply to place blame on Kubiak.

Perhaps we should make a sub-forum for the Kubiak haters.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2008   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #9
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't feel so good...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak for some reason or another has no confidence in Slaton. At the 1 yard line, you have three chances to run it 1 yard, and you choose to pass? It doesn't make sense to me. At least it does to you.
That was a horrible call on Kubiak's part. He's cost us multiple TDs this season, by not running on obvious running downs. Especailly when you have a QB that has shown he's mistake prone, it was a no brainer to run the damn ball in.

- Edmund Burke
Old 11-09-2008   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Kubiak has no confidence in Slaton at the 1-yd. line for a reason - when he gets hit, he drops like a sack of potatoes. I like Slaton, and he's been a valuable player on this team, but goal-line running is not his role.
Old 11-09-2008   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Kubiak has no confidence in Slaton at the 1-yd. line for a reason - when he gets hit, he drops like a sack of potatoes. I like Slaton, and he's been a valuable player on this team, but goal-line running is not his role.
Then run Green......he was actually healthy today.

- Edmund Burke
Old 11-09-2008   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
That was a horrible call on Kubiak's part. He's cost us multiple TDs this season, by not running on obvious running downs. Especailly when you have a QB that has shown he's mistake prone, it was a no brainer to fun the damn ball in.
We don't have a running game! It's really that simple. People want to point to Slaton's 4.5 YPC as evidence of some running game, but when it comes down to it, we cannot run the ball when we need to.

You Kubiak haters are irrational.
Old 11-09-2008   #14
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
It's a bad call because Kubiak should realize that his QB is probable to screw it up.

If Sage is going to play this way, then we're talking about Rex Grossman type treatment here--give him the bare responsibilities and shift the balance of the gameplan to someone else.

As far as that play goes, yes, an NFL quarterback should be able to make that play. But it's 1st and 1 ... just pound the rock in.
Old 11-09-2008   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

the only fault kubiak had on the first interception is not playing quarterback himself. anyone else would've seen the 350lb nose tackle between yourself and a wide open tightend and floated it in.

i guess kubiak is at fault for not realizing who we were playing ... it's the ravens, they suck at run defense - obviously we should run on them.
Old 11-09-2008   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Then run Green......he was actually healthy today.
Green hasn't shown anything either. People criticized the playcall for the Rosencopter play, forgetting that Green and Slaton had failed to do ANYTHING in the prior plays when we needed to run the ball. THIS TEAM CANNOT RUN THE BALL WHEN IT NEEDS TO.

Unfortunately, it also can't pass the ball when it needs to because the QBs make stupid decisions with the ball, or just flat can't deliver the ball where it's supposed to go.
Old 11-09-2008   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
the only fault kubiak had on the first interception is not playing quarterback himself. anyone else would've seen the 350lb nose tackle between yourself and a wide open tightend and floated it in.

i guess kubiak is at fault for not realizing who we were playing ... it's the ravens, they suck at run defense - obviously we should run on them.
Must spread rep, yadda yadda ya.
Old 11-09-2008   #18
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post

It only took one reply to place blame on Kubiak.

Perhaps we should make a sub-forum for the Kubiak haters.
That would be a great idea, so i don't get neg repped for every time i voice my opinion on this "coach".
Old 11-09-2008   #19
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Today, Sage showed why hes been a backup his whole career.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Green hasn't shown anything either. People criticized the playcall for the Rosencopter play, forgetting that Green and Slaton had failed to do ANYTHING in the prior plays when we needed to run the ball. THIS TEAM CANNOT RUN THE BALL WHEN IT NEEDS TO.

Unfortunately, it also can't pass the ball when it needs to because the QBs make stupid decisions with the ball, or just flat can't deliver the ball where it's supposed to go.
Actaully Green has shown something today, he's averaging almost 5ypc.

Running the ball is about attitude. When Kubaik was first hired he said he believes in a strong running game.......he's dedicated to the run, and then calls soft plays and let's other teams completely take him out of his game plan. Teams that are dedicated to running the ball stick to it and don't just abandon their entire game plan, because another team stopped the run on a few plays.

Tough football teams run the ball on that 1st and goal......and if they happen to get suffed they run it again. They try to line up and hit somebody in the mouth (hmm I believe I saw one team do that today), but that's not us.........we aren't a tough team, instead we are just one of the softest teams in the entire league. We're coached soft on both sides of the ball and play soft on both sides of the ball. Some of y'all might not like to hear that, but it's the truth......this team is SOFT. All you have to do is line up and hit them in the mouth (without having to worry about them doing the same) and they fold like a house of cards.

Could that throw by Sage been better.....hell yes, but that doesn't change the fact that it was a dumb playcall.....just for the simple fact that Kubaik was putting all the pressure on a mistake prone QB in the redzone. Kubiak wasn't protecting the ball.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-09-2008 at 03:15 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read