Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2008   #21
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So what do you think the texans need?

A moving van?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #22
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely a DC who knows what he's doing 1st of all. And after watching some of the same crap happening week in & out, I'm thinking we might need a new HC as well.

Of the top of my head for personnel, my christmas list includes...

2 Safeties - that can actually run
1 DE opposite Mario - that can rush the passer
1 space eating, push the pile NT (Okam?)
2 OLB's - that actually make plays & flow to the ball (Adibi/Diles?)

1 CB - that can play the ball in the air well & can keep his footing when stopping to react to the ball. (Molden?)

on offense:

1 LG/C - that can block
1 RB - that can push the pile & compliment SS.
1 Qb - to sit & be developed for the future

.......... and a partridge & a pear tree.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #23
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 10182 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

A defensive coordinator; steel instead of glass in Schaub's limbs; a back-up QB and a minor miracle.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #24
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
QB isn't as much a problem as people think. Our C and RG haven't been playing too well...Yet Matt has shown give him some time and he'll be solid. It's not his fault defensive players have to cheap shot the guy. All of the teams we have been destroyed against all have good DTs.

I think we need to build a solid team AROUND a QB...because this other way it ain't workin'...we put another guy behind that line we'll probably get the same results.
If Matt Schaub was the answer, the Texans wouldn't be cratering right now - they already have him. Upgrading the entire team around the QB so he can reach his potential sounds eerily familiar.

However, the Texans are still weak all over so the solution does include upgrading the weak areas wherever they are - on the field, on the sidelines, in the front office.
Old 11-09-2008   #25
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Its all about the Point of Attack and turnovers. There isn't a magic bullett or theory of why teams lose games. Games are won and lost at the line and in the to cat. That's why a simple gameplan of the ravens can work. That's why the dophins are winning also. That's why the Pats can lose the mvp and still win games. Trenches and to's are the decide as many games as any. Go and lookto see the to margin among the winning teams. Its really no secret. A fg in the redzone is a lot better than a to any day. The slaton call back was huge also. This team is starting to resemble a poorly coached squad
Old 11-09-2008   #26
Texanballer
Rookie

Rep Power: 25 Texanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performer

DE Michael Johnson from Georgia Tech is great. Hed be the pass rusher needed to help Mario. He is huge. 6-7.

Anthony weaver is ****.

We could only hope that if we did draft him, which is a long way away and a lot of things could happen, that he along with williams, okoye, and johnson play to the highest of their potential
Texanballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #27
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Kiper's got Brian Orakpo at #1.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2008   #28
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense and O-line should be the priority (should have been from day 1) and now QB is a question mark. If you had asked me a couple of weeks ago I would have said first two or three picks in the draft MUST be spent on the D but honestly if there is some stud LT there for us we might just have to pull the trigger. Slide Duane to RT and Winston to RG or Brown straight to RG. Or maybe Brown goes to LG and Pitts to RG. Not fun to be thinking about this half way through every season or earlier.
Old 11-09-2008   #29
cowbellm00
100% Houstonian

Rep Power: 10 cowbellm00 is a Pro Bowlercowbellm00 is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to cowbellm00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanballer View Post
Our defense is terrible imo. They can stop teams when it dosent matter but when its close and need stops, teams march all over them. Our secondary is ****. It seems every week the secondary gets burned by a 50 yd pass and a wide open td without any resistance. Then there is no pass rush. Travis Johnson is a bust. Amobi Okoye imo is approaching bust status unless he picks it up by the end of next season.
I thought that was our big hype at the begining of the season. Our D-Line was all 1st round picks, and we were gonna just dominate! right?that's what I emailed everyone. now everyone's laughin at me again. Where's the killer D I was promised Kubiak? Why do we keep doing the same things we did to lose when Capers was here?

(((sigh)))
cowbellm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #30
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Quarterback
The radio said today that they had both of them in the coach's office's this week . Do it or get off the pot...is my knee jerk thought of what kubes said. We're officially in the market for a young Qb. Or...Gibbs needs to do something spectacular with the talent on hand. So far either the Guru is sucking or the talent on the o-line is sucking. I don't know how many more snaps they need to see out of the group before they do something. Judging by what they did last year....we're playing for a draft slot from this point forward.

And all you yahoos putting up the W's back in august....not so fast my friends.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 11-09-2008 at 04:19 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #31
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Talent
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #32
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Balls - we need balls.

Manly Man size balls.

We have none.
Should we trade for Kellen Winslow then?
Old 11-09-2008   #33
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanballer View Post
Our defense is terrible imo. They can stop teams when it dosent matter but when its close and need stops, teams march all over them. Our secondary is ****. It seems every week the secondary gets burned by a 50 yd pass and a wide open td without any resistance. Then there is no pass rush. Travis Johnson is a bust. Amobi Okoye imo is approaching bust status unless he picks it up by the end of next season.
I would start with a new coaching staff. (I would keep Gibbs though)

From there we need a center, a RT guard. I would replace both OLB's and both Safeties. I would replace both DT's, get rid of Weaver and start Cochran.

Oh, and a QB and a bruiser for a RB.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #34
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I would start with a new coaching staff. (I would keep Gibbs though)

From there we need a center, a RT guard. I would replace both OLB's and both Safeties. I would replace both DT's, get rid of Weaver and start Cochran.

Oh, and a QB and a bruiser for a RB.
Doubt there is any chance Gibbs sticks around without Kubiak. So far I have liked the big play ability of the ZBS but I am pretty disappointed with its, or more likely our player's, inability to be more consistent especially on a short yardage basis.
Old 11-09-2008   #35
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Random thought: That Moats kid looks pretty good running in this scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #36
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

In fact I would hit the FA market. I would throw money at Haynesworth, and maybe pick up Tommie Harris from the bears, I would pick up Peppers from the Panthers. Nnamdi Asomugha wants out of Oakland and pairing him with DRob would be an excellent move. I would then move Diles to SLB and draft Cushing with my #1 pick.

This would put us in serious cap hell in a few years but I would rather be in cap hell then keep watching this crap we see on the field.

Hell I might even inquire about Lienart.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #37
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a lot wishes at the beginning of the season for what this team needs. But I think at this point we need a new QB more than anything else. Schaub is ok, but he's fragile and makes TOs. Rosenfels is durable but makes even more turnovers. I have a feeling that if we fix the turnovers we'd be 6-3 instead of 3-6 right now. I can live with the defense being marginal. The offense is moving the ball well but coughing it up instead of scoring. Fix the QB (turnover) issue and this team gets instantly better.

I rarely try to blame all our problems on the QB, but it really seems to be that the rest of the team can keep us in the game at this point, but our QBs take us out of games
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #38
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

For our D to be marginal they would have to improve.

<insert Charles Barkley turrible comment here>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read