Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-06-2008   #1
Ckw

Default Should I start Slaton?

I have mixed emotions. I want to start Slaton against Baltimore with the hopes that he will do what basically no RB has done this season against Baltimore: play well.

My other options are McFadden (CAR), Chris Chambers (KC), and Kevin Faulk(Buf).

This is for the flex position by the way.
Old 11-06-2008   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should I start Slaton?

The alternatives are that great. Maybe Chambers at KC. Other than that, Slaton might be just as good of a start as the others.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #3
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Sit the rookie, you got 3 way better options....McFadden,,,eh, Chambers is ok but he'll be sharing receptions with Jackson and Gates, Faulk is a good option.
Old 11-06-2008   #4
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The alternatives are that great. Maybe Chambers at KC. Other than that, Slaton might be just as good of a start as the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Sit the rookie, you got 3 way better options....McFadden,,,eh, Chambers is ok but he'll be sharing receptions with Jackson and Gates, Faulk is a good option.
Thanks guys. I will rep you tomorrow as I can't rep anymore for the next 24 hours...

Texecutioner, I totally agree about the other guys but what about Chambers? Before he was injured, he was a touchdown machine and KC is horrible against the pass. BUT I will really be kicking myself if I watch Slaton run all over Baltimore. I doubt it will happen but he has the ability to do it.

MannyFresh, I will definitely consider Faulk. He just doesn't ever seem to get the ball in the red zone. You think with Morris out that he will? Thanks again!
Old 11-06-2008   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre then Owen have taken weekly honors, I'd give Steve a honest shot that his turn comes this Sunday. wish I had that option to me its a no-brainer
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

See if you can't pick up Ray Rice. He's relatively unheard of so far, and I just picked him up this week in my league. Rice against Houston Defense = 20 points.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #7
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
See if you can't pick up Ray Rice. He's relatively unheard of so far, and I just picked him up this week in my league. Rice against Houston Defense = 20 points.
I definitely would have but someone already picked him up.
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2008   #8
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I picked up Rice too, but isn't he going to split runs with McGehee?
Old 11-06-2008   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you in a points per reception league? If so, I would highly suggest starting Slaton. I think Baltimores defense is suseptible to the check down, and with this being Sage's start, I think Kubiak is going to implement a safe gameplan using a lot of short passes to his RBs. I predict at least 4-6 catches for slaton this week
Old 11-06-2008   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Are you in a points per reception league? If so, I would highly suggest starting Slaton. I think Baltimores defense is suseptible to the check down, and with this being Sage's start, I think Kubiak is going to implement a safe gameplan using a lot of short passes to his RBs. I predict at least 4-6 catches for slaton this week
bingo
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #11
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
I picked up Rice too, but isn't he going to split runs with McGehee?
McGehee is still nursing an injury/steady returing. Last week Rice had 154 yards rushing, nice burst off the edge. He is going to burn us this week.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Thanks guys. I will rep you tomorrow as I can't rep anymore for the next 24 hours...

Texecutioner, I totally agree about the other guys but what about Chambers? Before he was injured, he was a touchdown machine and KC is horrible against the pass. BUT I will really be kicking myself if I watch Slaton run all over Baltimore. I doubt it will happen but he has the ability to do it.

MannyFresh, I will definitely consider Faulk. He just doesn't ever seem to get the ball in the red zone. You think with Morris out that he will? Thanks again!

That's what I said earlier. Chambers isn't a bad alternative. It;s just that he has sort of cooled off lately and Jackson is getting more balls thrown to him.

I really don't like Slaton this week. I have him on one of my teams, and I am starting M. Turner and Hightower over him.

I could see Slaton getting about 10 points though at least between rushing and receiving. And if he gets a TD, then I could see him putting up like 14 or something like that. I'd probably roll with Slaton though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #13
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

That's what I said earlier. Chambers isn't a bad alternative. It;s just that he has sort of cooled off lately and Jackson is getting more balls thrown to him.

I really don't like Slaton this week. I have him on one of my teams, and I am starting M. Turner and Hightower over him.

I could see Slaton getting about 10 points though at least between rushing and receiving. And if he gets a TD, then I could see him putting up like 14 or something like that. I'd probably roll with Slaton though.
Great points. I am not in a point per reception league though. Just a point for every 10 yds rushing or receiving. So with that in mind, think I should still start Slaton? It is really between him, Chambers, and maybe Faulk?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read