Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2008   #1
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The next 4 weeks with Sage starting at QB

So anyone want to take a gander into the future and tell us how Sage is going to do the next four games? Before I do I would like to say everyone needs to get over what happend in that Indy game. (By the way he will get a chance to redeem himself as Indy is our opponent week after next.) I hope no one boos him when he comes out aginst the Ravens. Look he is what he is, a back up QB who made some bad decisions and tried to do alittle too much and he has payed for it. Lets show him alittle support. Anyway this is what I see happening in the next 4 weeks.

Week 1 first game is against the Ravens. They have the #2 overall ranked defense #1 aginst the run and #4 against the pass. So here is my prediction. Sage throws for 300 yards and wins the game on the final play.

Second game is @ Indy. Redemption time. We are going to win this game big and Sage is going to have over 300 yards passing.

Third game is @ Cleveland. This is a score fest with Sage setting franchise record for passing yards in a game. We win of course.

Fourth game is against The Jags @ home. Sage continues to tear through our opponents with surgeon like skill. We dominate the Hags and we are rollin baby.

5th week yeh thats right I said 5th week Schaub is cleared to play but Sage is on such a roll that Kubiack cant justify pulling him. Can you say controversy? Sage continues tearing through the next 2 opponents before throwing an interception and fumbleing on the last series to give the game away. Its Schaubs job again. In his first game back the OC steps on Schaubs foot ultimalty shattering every bone in it and ending Shaubs career. Sage comes back as the starter and leads our team to a insurmountable lead throught the first 3 quarters of our first playoff game only to throw the game away in the final minutes.

All the fans here scream for us to draft Colt McCoy of Texas or Rey Mouluga for USC but instead we draft Emanuel Cook 5-10, 205 S from South Carolina. But dont wory Cook turns out to be a prowbowler while Colt McCoys a flop and Rey is great aginst the run but sits on the sidelines during passing downs.

Sorry dont know what happend???

Last edited by mussop; 11-07-2008 at 08:28 PM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The next 4 weeks with Sage starting at QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
So anyone want to take a gander into the future and tell us how Sage is going to do the next four games? Before I do I would like to say everyone needs to get over what happend in that Indy game. (By the way he will get a chance to redeem himself as Indy is our opponent week after next.) I hope no one boos him when he comes out aginst the Ravens. Look he is what he is, a back up QB who made some bad decisions and tried to do alittle too much and he has payed for it. Lets show him alittle support.

Now, his first game is against the Ravens. They have the #2 overall ranked ft3w-bdcc+-`
Huh?
Old 11-07-2008   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

He means "defense".

I'll go on a limb and say he has as many turnovers as touchdowns and will throw for about 900 - 1100 yards. He may lose us one game, or all four, you just never know how our team will recover from any of his turnovers.
Old 11-07-2008   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it will be interesting with Sage starting for a stretch. Interesting good or interesting bad remains to be seen.

==============================

I've already prepared four threads:

We woulda won if Schaub had been in against ___________

It is a challenge, but I have set myself the goal of being the first to post this after any loss.
Old 11-07-2008   #5
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

My best guess is 2-2. 2 home games 2 road games. As much as I want to believe this team can figure it out on the road there just isn't much evidence. Everyone is also very quick to forget how well we play at home after a road loss though. And Sage better not pull another stunt like Indy outta the hat, between that game and the Rockets game last night I've had enough for the year I think.
Old 11-07-2008   #6
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard a stat today for the season the texans only have 2 turnovers not commited by the qb's. If we cut that in half we have 2 more wins at least.

If we go 1-3 with Sage odds are Schaub goes on IR.

Last edited by texanhead08; 11-07-2008 at 08:17 PM.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
So anyone want to take a gander into the future and tell us how Sage is going to do the next four games? Before I do I would like to say everyone needs to get over what happend in that Indy game. (By the way he will get a chance to redeem himself as Indy is our opponent week after next.) I hope no one boos him when he comes out aginst the Ravens. Look he is what he is, a back up QB who made some bad decisions and tried to do alittle too much and he has payed for it. Lets show him alittle support. Anyway this is what I see happening in the next 4 weeks.

Week 1 first game is against the Ravens. They have the #2 overall ranked defense #1 aginst the run and #4 against the pass. So here is my prediction. Sage throws for 300 yards and wins the game on the final play.

Second game is @ Indy. Redemption time. We are going to win this game big and Sage is going to have over 300 yards passing.

Third game is @ Cleveland. This is a score fest with Sage setting franchise record for passing yards in a game. We win of course.

Fourth game is against The Jags @ home. Sage continues to tear through our opponents with surgeon like skill. We dominate the Hags and we are rollin baby.

5th week yeh thats right I said 5th week Schaub is cleared to play but Sage is on such a roll that Kubiack cant justify pulling him. Can you say controversy? Sage continues tearing through the next 2 opponents before throwing an interception and fumbleing on the last series to give the game away. Its Schaubs job again. In his first game back the OC steps on Schaubs foot ultimalty shattering every bone in it and ending Shaubs career. Sage comes back as the starter and leads our team to a insurmountable lead throught the first 3 quarters of our first playoff game only to throw the game away in the final minutes.

All the fans here scream for us to draft Colt McCoy of Texas or Rey Mouluga for USC but instead we draft Emanuel Cook 5-10, 205 S from South Carolina. But dont wory Cook turns out to be a prowbowler while Colt McCoys a flop and Rey is great aginst the run but sits on the sidelines during passing downs.

Sorry dont know what happend???
I hope that fans give Sage the slack they have shown to Matt. It would certainly be great if our QBs were not put in the position of being EXPECTED to put up at least 30 points to win a game, and then be castrated when they don't reach the lofty goal determined by the play of the D. Our QBs should not constantly be placed in a position where they are not allowed to experience at least one brain fart per game.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2008   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I hope that fans give Sage the slack they have shown to Matt. It would certainly be great if our QBs were not put in the position of being EXPECTED to put up at least 30 points to win a game, and then be castrated when they don't reach the lofty goal determined by the play of the D. Our QBs should not constantly be placed in a position where they are not allowed to experience at least one brain fart per game.
I'm not quite sure I understand where you're coming from - you initially indicate that you think the fans have shown Matt slack, then you bash on them for castrating him. If that's what you consider slack, then Sage should run far, far away.
Old 11-07-2008   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I'm not quite sure I understand where you're coming from - you initially indicate that you think the fans have shown Matt slack, then you bash on them for castrating him. If that's what you consider slack, then Sage should run far, far away.
I thought I made it quite clear. But I believe if you reread my post, you'll see that I refer to QBs (Matt AND Sage) when I used the word "castrated." Two seperate sentences........two separate thoughts.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #10
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

http://rosencopter.ytmnd.com/ times 4.

No really, I think he will go 1-3, with a win against Jags. I think he will look ok for the most part of the games.... until it comes clutch time, or if its a critical moment. I think he will have his usual back-breaking, dumbass, what the **** were you thinking(Gibbs to Rosendouche), moments in each game. The game against Minnesota made me realized he hasn't learned **** from his last choke job.

Do I think Schaub will do better, if he were healthy and starting for us the next 4 game? Not really, but I believe he would put us in better position to win at the end of the game(s).

I'm getting the "if only schaub was healthy today...." thread ready for the next upcoming game, after Sage make his usual boneheaded mistake that will cost us the game.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's almost always clutch time with the Texans, because they don't put anybody away. Rosenfels will get the offense moving even better than Schaub, and have even more bone-head plays, which will kill us because we're always in a shoot-out that will end close.

I agree with the 1 win out of the next 4 scenario.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #12
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

One one in four and Schaub goes on IR. The Texans won't put him out there if we are out of the playoff race they will just shut Schaub down and have him 100% for next year.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

PLAYOFFS PLAYYY OFSSS??? DONT TALK About PLAYOFFS ........ PLAYOFFS??????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

too tongue & cheek for the masses, but I loved the post
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
http://rosencopter.ytmnd.com/ times 4.

No really, I think he will go 1-3, with a win against Jags. I think he will look ok for the most part of the games.... until it comes clutch time, or if its a critical moment. I think he will have his usual back-breaking, dumb ass, what the **** were you thinking(Gibbs to Rosen douche), moments in each game. The game against Minnesota made me realized he hasn't learned **** from his last choke job.

Do I think Schaub will do better, if he were healthy and starting for us the next 4 game? Not really, but I believe he would put us in better position to win at the end of the game(s).

I'm getting the "if only schaub was healthy today...." thread ready for the next upcoming game, after Sage make his usual boneheaded mistake that will cost us the game.
This isn't rocket science anymore. Who is the DT in the middle....and is he on top of his game ?

Sage is what he has always been. A streaky QB. Unless Jesus miracles him, he'll still be a streaky Qb by December. Not that MS is any better. Two seasons, two lost chunks of time in those seasons . Chicken or the egg ? The line can't block a three four fur chit. Between them fourteen is what we're up to now on QB turnovers ? The rest of the team is at four ?

Including he who should not be named, I think the boards have been very patient with both staffs and their QBs. The only question which remains is will Mr. McNair hold the rope or start over once again next season.

The only consistency they have shown is to be terribly inefficient at at protecting the ball and rushing the ball. The head coach manages the clock like Alice in wonder land's marsh hare. And the rest of the blinking idiots beside him and in the booth, just stand by and watch while his indecisions circles the play and games down the toilet bowl. After six seasons of this BS, I think people have the right to be a little annoyed at the progress. No matter who's fault it is.
Old 11-08-2008   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
This isn't rocket science anymore. Who is the DT in the middle....and is he on top of his game ?

Sage is what he has always been. A streaky QB. Unless Jesus miracles him, he'll still be a streaky Qb by December. Not that MS is any better. Two seasons, two lost chunks of time in those seasons . Chicken or the egg ? The line can't block a three four fur chit. Between them fourteen is what we're up to now on QB turnovers ? The rest of the team is at four ?

Including he who should not be named, I think the boards have been very patient with both staffs and their QBs. The only question which remains is will Mr. McNair hold the rope or start over once again next season.

The only consistency they have shown is to be terribly inefficient at at protecting the ball and rushing the ball. The head coach manages the clock like Alice in wonder land's marsh hare. And the rest of the blinking idiots beside him and in the booth, just stand by and watch while his indecisions circles the play and games down the toilet bowl. After six seasons of this BS, I think people have the right to be a little annoyed at the progress. No matter who's fault it is.
classic threetoedpete post

as fans all it means, really is losing interest. ticket sales dropping along with the merch, eventually changes will be forced once again to be made efforting to regain fan support. that's already happened once (back in 05/06) when Relient became a dead zone & the Texans went to San Francisco to play in the Bush bowl (fans mostly wanted Vince Young as savior). now two years later all those defensive linemen 1st rd. picks (with exception of Mario) seem wasted. the defense is as weak as the defense against the dark arts professor in a Harry Potter movie, no mojo, swagger, playmaker, destoryer of enemy forces. the QB position remains a Carr exercisim throwing both vast amounts of money & multiple draft picks to just get something that resembling a NFL QB. it gets depressing, frustrating to remain doormat of the Colts & bitches of the Titans as someone said they ain't the Oilers
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #17
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

3-1
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate being the Titans and Colts ***** we need to even up are W-L with them !!!!!!!!!

with that being said today will be a good game to watch maybe it will be a blowout Muhahahah
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #19
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

In his mind, he should see this as a opportunity to prove himself, and to even earn the spot.

I think he'll do just that.

I think that he'll play very conservative, as far as those silly chances are concerned, and command a very competitive offense (barring any injury). Will those translate into wins? That's just as much the defense's responsibility as well. I think the team will collectively step up to the plate and do it.

I think that once he's 'comfortable' he's more apt to make those silly chances. Perhaps his teammates and coaches can keep him grounded (no pun intended!) in that area of play.

I'll step out on a limb and predict 3-1.

Last edited by Texan Asylum; 11-09-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #20
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

He will be a HUGE reason we win or lose the game as a QB but he wont be the only reason.

I think we go 2-2 with a win against Cleveland and the Jags. The colts at home will be too much and the Ravens are a 3-4 team that will probably smack us in the mouth.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read