Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2008   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Xavier Adibi to get some PT

Didn't see this anywhere....

Texans' Adibi to get 15-20 plays this week at LB

The Texans realize if another linebacker goes down, they will be in trouble. That's part of the reason the team is going to start making it a point to get rookie Xavier Adibi involved in the defense.

Even though Kevin Bentley will start in place of Zac Diles, Adibi will see 15 to 20 plays.

Adibi will play one of the outside linebacker positions. The weak side is where he fits best. That means, if DeMeco Ryans has to leave the field because of his shoulder that's still bothering him, Bentley would wear the defensive transmitter, and he or Morlon Greenwood would move to middle linebacker. Adibi would then fill in for whoever moves.

This is what the Texans didn't do with Diles last year, and then later regretted it. They never got him involved until the offseason. They want to see what type of player they have in Adibi. He is behind a little because of the medical issues he was having. But he is now supposedly no longer losing weight and is ready to take on the larger role.

Per Manful at the Chronic: http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans...field_thi.html

I was excited about him as a draft pick. I remember watching him play LSU in the first game of his last college season and was stoked to hear that he had been drafted by us. I guess we might get a chance to see what he can do.
Old 11-07-2008   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Xavier Adibi to get some PT

About damn time. Why hasnt he seen the filed yet this year, if he was healthy. Greenwood is allowed to leave the field every now and then.
Old 11-07-2008   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was really excited about this pick. In fact, when we selected him in the 4th round I was confused because I was sure he had been selected already. I think his medical issues really impacted why he wasn't able to play this year. Can't wait to see what he brings to the table, he definitely was around the ball a lot at V. Tech!

EDIT: holy crap, that was my 4,000th post. Time to stop writing.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 11-07-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure hope he's still got the speed he did in College. I know there's been exceptions, but 223 lbs usually won't shed Olinemen if they get to him.
Old 11-07-2008   #5
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

YESS ok mister adibi time to show everyone why u were the top rated college LB once upon a time
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #6
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

About damn time! I swear, the Texans are the Astros of the NFL. They bring young players along at a snail's pace instead of letting them get their feet wet early (that is, unless you're a 1st round pick, then you get to play right away whether you are ready or not). Point is, if as a coach you believe that a young player like Adibi is just as good as the player ahead of him on the depth chart, give the guy a chance. You never know what can happen. Look at Marques Colston. Do you think he would have played as a rookie for the Texans? No way. Hell, look at the jobs guys like Tim Buhlman, David Anderson, and Jacoby Jones are doing. And these are young guys that are seriously under-utilized. That's one thing that Kubes does that frustrates the hell outta me. Morlon Greenwood hasn't done squat this year, and it took Zac Diles getting injured for him to give Adibi a chance? What about Molden? I'm pretty sure he couldn't do any worse than the Two Petey's (Faggins and Reeves). Okam should have been playing more. Why hasn't Deljuan Robinson been getting enough burn lately? And for the life of me, I can't understand how Freddie B. can get benched after two games, yet Petey Reeves is safe!?! I don't know if it's Dick Smith's decisions or its Kubes on defensive personnel, but I don't like it. They need to get their heads outta their asses and put the best 11 on the field regardless of paycheck.
Old 11-07-2008   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll bet he makes a big play first game.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2008   #8
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

IM HUNGAARY FO SUM BIRD!! Nom Nom Nom Nom....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rAoZYmkHnA
Old 11-07-2008   #9
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

It'll be like Christmas morning this Sunday...I can't wait to see what we get.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

So Adibi, Slaton, and Okam are going to play on Sunday. Man, I was thinking Molden was going to be the steal jeez, kick it up a notch man.

I was happy with the Adibi selection, especially since I had him pegged to go in the 3rd round (I don't think anybody foresaw the retarded rash of LT's in the first round).
Old 11-07-2008   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew after he ran a 4.8 forty at the combine he would fall but I didnt think it would be all the way to the fourth round. He was on of my favorite players in that draft. He may run a slow 40 time but he sure can turn a corner with a burst. Sure hope he gets a few chances at rushing the QB.

I still cant believe he hasnt beaten out Greenwood! I would rather have a young guy in there that can make something happen with an occasionl mistake than a guy that is just very avarage at everything and doesnt make mistakes.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read