Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2008   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Green expected to play

Dallas Morning News
Quote:
Ahman Green should play this week after missing last week with a groin injury.

That's good news for the Houston Texans, but even better news for one player in particular. Rookie running back Steve Slaton was in on 69 plays in last week's loss to the Vikings.

He was up for the challenge, but coach Gary Kubiak knows he can't count on the smallish Slaton for that many plays every week.

"That's way too much for one back," Kubiak said. "I think the kid understood the situation we were in (Sunday) and I think he would have stayed out there for 90, that's the type of kid he is."
Before last week's game, I stated that I hoped that Kubiak would not run Slaton to the ground. Well, he tried......and fortunately Slaton made it through the challenge. I believe it to be a testament to very poor judgement on the part of a coach. You don't gamble on endangering the only gold nugget in the pile. You don't allow a player's enthusiam to over-ride common sense..............You act like a coach.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #2
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Green expected to play

Well that changes everththing! Were killing them noW!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Green expected to play
No one should expect that ever. Green has demonstrated his unreliability repeatedly.
Old 11-07-2008   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Dallas Morning News

Before last week's game, I stated that I hoped that Kubiak would not run Slaton to the ground. Well, he tried......and fortunately Slaton made it through the challenge. I believe it to be a testament to very poor judgement on the part of a coach. You don't gamble on endangering the only gold nugget in the pile. You don't allow a player's enthusiam to over-ride common sense..............You act like a coach.
Kinda tough decision. We're still playing games, and before the Minnesota game we were one W away from being 4-4, and a possible playoff team. I agree that if the season was lost for us, or if we had already secured a playoff spot, it would make sense to bench the gold nuggets, but really as a team, and answering to Bob McNair, attempting to put the best team on the field every game should be a must.

I agree that I would rather not see Slaton run into the ground, but as a professional team the alternative to that would in this case be to put your second-best team on the field, and that is just not happening.
Old 11-07-2008   #5
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

One hit by Ray the mad man Lewis and Green is toast! I sure hope that doesnt happen.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not all that thrilled to have Green back. I know the man has run hard this year and really, I think down for down he's been the better back over Slaton. No, he doesn't have the big play ability that Slaton has but he's been more consistent and able to get the tougher yards. The problem is that nobody believed for a second that it would last. Even though he might be able to play this week I think it's pretty obvious that Green is not the same back when he's dinged up and I don't expect much out of him Sunday.

Cedric Benson would have really helped. Way to go Texans on that one. Anyway I want to see this new guy Ryan Moats run. He looked like he had some moves in the few carries he had earlier in the year. I'd really like to see him get a shot just to see what happens.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read