Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-06-2008   #1
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

Rep Power: 15 txchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden cover
Default OSU can beat TEXAS TECH

okay so....even though OSU is 9th and TEXAS TECH is 2nd.....I think that OSU is the better team. They have a great team all around. I think however, they need to be in sync both offensively and defensively to dominate. When they played Texas, they beat themselves. GO POKES!!!!

Last edited by txchick1971; 11-06-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: obviously can't spell
txchick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OSU can beat TEXAS TECH

I think Okie St is the better team.

But every dog has his day. And this could be Tech's year...

No doubt Tech is talented too.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

UT did it but left way too much time on the clock for Tech. OSU needs to run the ball well and get stops on defense.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #4
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

Rep Power: 15 txchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden covertxchick1971 could be on the next Madden cover

they can do that.....they just need to manage the clock better....i might have to find a place to invade my osu orange saturday night.....
Old 11-06-2008   #5
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Coach said once " I'm a man"
This is his day to prove it!
Go OSU the real Cowboys! not the fake bunch in Dallas.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #6
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 100796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure they CAN, but WILL they? The Red Raiders slew their big Dragon of folding late against Texas. If they keep w/ what works well and don't fall into a prevent, they could blow out anybody.
Old 11-06-2008   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Oklahoma State can beat Tech but I doubt Ohio State could! The cowboys are a really well balance team and they've got some BIG receiving targets. I really do think they'll beat Tech but they've got to be playing their best, if they make too many mistakes, Tech's offense will be too much for them.

If OSU brings their A game, they will most likely win (even against Techs A game). If OSU brings their B game, they will lose unless there is a tech meltdown.

I would like to say congrats to tech on such a good season, but I really don't want to see them in the national championship game.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2008   #8
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

I'm callin a watch party in Katy!!!!

Old 11-06-2008   #9
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

0-5 in Lubbock WRECK EM TECH!!!
Old 11-06-2008   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought I saw a stat that OSU was like 0-9 or 0-11 or 0-7 (some odd number) in lubbock..so not looking good
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I thought I saw a stat that OSU was like 0-9 or 0-11 or 0-7 (some odd number) in lubbock..so not looking good
Isn't that the gambler's fallacy?

Tech was 0-whatever against #1 teams before last week....

Last edited by bah007; 11-07-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-07-2008   #12
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

I thought this was funny....no relevance to the thread.

Old 11-07-2008   #13
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by txchick1971 View Post
I'm callin a watch party in Katy!!!!

NM.....Looks like the watch party is at Bubba's sports bar
Old 11-07-2008   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by txchick1971 View Post
I thought this was funny....no relevance to the thread.

I especially like the Bob Stoops one...
Old 11-07-2008   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 100796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Isn't that the gambler's fallacy?

Tech was 0-whatever against #1 teams before last week....
No, the "gambler's fallacy" is that a streak must END.

Wiki's better explanation
Old 11-07-2008   #16
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe I am going to root foe...arghghhhhhhhhhh.Tech is going down!
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
No, the "gambler's fallacy" is that a streak must END.

Wiki's better explanation
Nice. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2008   #18
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9284 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Okie Light beats Tech its probably because their coach is a man.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #19
txchick1971
SassyRedneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
If Okie Light beats Tech its probably because their coach is a man.

I'm a man, I'm 40
Old 11-07-2008   #20
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

CRANK DAT CRABTREE!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read