Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2008   #41
will742
Nukkkk

Rep Power: 102 will742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to will742
Default Re: Video: Both Jared Allen Low Hits

Something tells me since Allen has previous issues with the NFL (see : DUI's and fines), that he won't be as lucky as Marshawn (who is a first time offender) and Hines Ward (not too sure about him).

Could be wrong, hope I'm not though. Allen deserves a reality check, or should I say reality fine.
will742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #42
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Forget for a second whether you think this was dirty or not. The only thing that keeps someone from a dirty play, is the fear of dirty play. That's the problem. Even the 15 yard penalty. You think Allen would trade 30 yards in penalties (had they been assessed) for that underthown ball that was obviously too much for schaub's knee to make? Hmm... 7+ pts > 30 yards. You want to make that play, fine.. we're going to chop block your ASS. I know you don't play dirty, I know you "do it right" but you also protect your own. If the opposition is going to fight dirty.. either return the favor.. or get out of the fight.

As for the play.. dirty, I don't know. I'm torn on that, because I'm not a fan of "hold back" football. I understand protecting the players, but he was on all fours before he got to Matt both times, if he stops playing, the coach yells at him.... I dunno tough call. Do I like the play? No... should we retaliate next time? YES

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #43
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 76973 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by will742 View Post
Something tells me since Allen has previous issues with the NFL (see : DUI's and fines), that he won't be as lucky as Marshawn (who is a first time offender) and Hines Ward (not too sure about him).

Could be wrong, hope I'm not though. Allen deserves a reality check, or should I say reality fine.

The Giants Justin Tuck was fined $7500 for roughing the Cowboys backup QB Bollinger.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/sp...ll&oref=slogin

“Our job description is basically to destroy a quarterback, but you’ve got to pick and choose how to do it,” said Tuck, who said he would appeal the fine.

Justin forgot to add, pick and choose who to do it to.

Cowboys backup qb worth $7500 Texan starting qb should be worth maybe $1.25 to the league, you think?

Actually... I think this should have been handled by the Texan O line, but I guess that is expecting too much.

I suppose the D line could have returned the favor, but that is expecting too much also.

No heart, no fire.

This team needs Jerry Glanville, instead we have the Delia Lama.

I know, I know...I'm repeating myself.

Old 11-07-2008   #44
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
The Giants Justin Tuck was fined $7500 for roughing the Cowboys backup QB Bollinger.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/sp...ll&oref=slogin

“Our job description is basically to destroy a quarterback, but you’ve got to pick and choose how to do it,” said Tuck, who said he would appeal the fine.

Justin forgot to add, pick and choose who to do it to.

Cowboys backup qb worth $7500 Texan starting qb should be worth maybe $1.25 to the league, you think?

Actually... I think this should have been handled by the Texan O line, but I guess that is expecting too much.

I suppose the D line could have returned the favor, but that is expecting too much also.

No heart, no fire.

This team needs Jerry Glanville, instead we have the Delia Lama.

I know, I know...I'm repeating myself.

Yeah, the line should have removed parts of his body for that. You know Gibbs hates that they didnt. He is one of those old school guys. The only guy that came close was Briezel, who pancaked Allen and hurt his shoulder.
Old 11-07-2008   #45
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Winston said they didn't retalitate because they didn't know about what Allen did.
Old 11-07-2008   #46
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Winston said they didn't retalitate because they didn't know about what Allen did.
That always seems to be the case.
Old 11-07-2008   #47
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 147126 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Forget for a second whether you think this was dirty or not. The only thing that keeps someone from a dirty play, is the fear of dirty play. That's the problem. Even the 15 yard penalty. You think Allen would trade 30 yards in penalties (had they been assessed) for that underthown ball that was obviously too much for schaub's knee to make? Hmm... 7+ pts > 30 yards. You want to make that play, fine.. we're going to chop block your ASS. I know you don't play dirty, I know you "do it right" but you also protect your own. If the opposition is going to fight dirty.. either return the favor.. or get out of the fight.

As for the play.. dirty, I don't know. I'm torn on that, because I'm not a fan of "hold back" football. I understand protecting the players, but he was on all fours before he got to Matt both times, if he stops playing, the coach yells at him.... I dunno tough call. Do I like the play? No... should we retaliate next time? YES

Mike

Good post, Mike. This is my feeling on the whole ordeal too.
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2008   #48
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 242285 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Our people in the booth have access to review of plays.........where are they when things like this happen, and with whom are they communicating on the ground???..........or, during the game, are they watching reruns of Hogan's Heroes..........."I know nothing......noootthhhiiiiinnnggggg!" [Sgt. Schultz]
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #49
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 242285 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Allen’s wallet could get lighter

Quote:
Typically, Friday has become “Pay the Piper” day for bad behavior in the NFL, when players are informed whether or not they have been fined for questionable plays. Allen, who hopes to return to practice in some capacity today, will learn his fate from the commissioner. Allen has maintained that he has never intentionally hurt another player [/b]and that he and Schaub discussed their injuries after the game and, in Allen’s opinion, left on good terms[/b].
Friends Forever..........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #50
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
That always seems to be the case.
Linemen in general, according to Winston don't notice a QB was sacked until the play's over, unless he's facing the QB.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #51
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news....The NFL fined him today.

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_10927011
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read