Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2008   #1
Ali4Real

Cool Looking Foward ~ Texans VS Ravens

I have already moved past our loss against a talented Vikings D and an excellent running back duo in Peterson and Taylor 9I felt the Texans did well, but got lazy towards the end of the game.)

Anyways, I'd like to focus are attention to next weeks game against the Ravens. Here is my plan of attack against the Ravens O:

1.) Shutdown the WRs and force Flacco to stay in the pocket just long enough untill Mario Williams can sack him.

2.) Stop the run game early and often, Ray Rice has speed and McGahee plays well when he's healthy so stop them early!

3.) Don't allow big plays or big first down conversions.

4.) Watch out for QB sneaks in our own endzone and for any trick plays.

Keys for our offense:

1.) Spread the wealth around and pass to all our weapons such as Johnson, Anderson, Walter, Daniels, and Slaton.

2.) Establish a run game if possible otherwise stick to the passing attack.

3.) O-line needs to get mean, if Sage is hit by a cheap shot go out on the next drive and pummel someone!

What i'd like to see:

I want to see earl Cochran and Tim Bulman take reps at DT and DE, heck stick them in as starters as Okoye hasn't done much and Travis Johnson is average as a DT/NT. Bulman and Cochran are on fire and they have proved to me that there hungry enough to go out there and actually stop someone.

GO TEXANS!
Old 11-03-2008   #2
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default Re: Looking Foward ~ Texans VS Ravens

For number 1 above you are aware that we have to play with the DB's that the Texans already have aren't you?
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #3
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali4Real View Post
I have already moved past our loss against a talented Vikings D and an excellent running back duo in Peterson and Taylor 9I felt the Texans did well, but got lazy towards the end of the game.)

Anyways, I'd like to focus are attention to next weeks game against the Ravens. Here is my plan of attack against the Ravens O:

1.) Shutdown the WRs and force Flacco to stay in the pocket just long enough untill Mario Williams can sack him.

2.) Stop the run game early and often, Ray Rice has speed and McGahee plays well when he's healthy so stop them early!
3.) Don't allow big plays or big first down conversions.

4.) Watch out for QB sneaks in our own endzone and for any trick plays.

Keys for our offense:

1.) Spread the wealth around and pass to all our weapons such as Johnson, Anderson, Walter, Daniels, and Slaton.

2.) Establish a run game if possible otherwise stick to the passing attack.

3.) O-line needs to get mean, if Sage is hit by a cheap shot go out on the next drive and pummel someone!

What i'd like to see:

I want to see earl Cochran and Tim Bulman take reps at DT and DE, heck stick them in as starters as Okoye hasn't done much and Travis Johnson is average as a DT/NT. Bulman and Cochran are on fire and they have proved to me that there hungry enough to go out there and actually stop someone.

GO TEXANS!
Sadly, I'm pretty sure I'm going to start Ray Rice this week in my fantasy league...

The Ravens defense worries me, especially with all the talk about bounties a few weeks ago. With even talk about that kind of stuff, I worry what may happen to Sage with our O-line being what it is. They also run the 3-4, correct? The few times we've faced it this season have not been pretty games by Brown. Porter ripped him up in the Miami game, and sadly, I see something similar happening this week.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #4
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
For number 1 above you are aware that we have to play with the DB's that the Texans already have aren't you?
Hey, all they have is Derrick Mason and Michael Clayton! I mean, at least they're not like the Vikings who threw for 3 TDs on us with...Berrian and Rice?

Oh, and Gus Frerotte too.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #5
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

if we play like last week sans turnovers, I like the chances for a W...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #6
UK_Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 21 UK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performer

With home field advantage we need to play right from the start rather than waiting to go a TD behind before starting to play. Think the major key here is for Sage to stay calm and collected and not to TO the ball. We have shown we can score points so lets do what we are good at.
UK_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #7
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just the title of this thread was a relief for me.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2008   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
if we play like last week sans turnovers, I like the chances for a W...
You must not have heard, Sage is starting this week
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #9
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
You must not have heard, Sage is starting this week
You're right, he was one turnover less than "I'll Never Be Brett" Schaub last week.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #10
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
You're right, he was one turnover less than "I'll Never Be Brett" Schaub last week.

nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched the Steelers tough 3-4 defense shut down a pretty good Redskins offense last night. That game did nothing to decrease my worries about the Ravens tough 3-4 defense against the Texans good but banged up offense. Specifically, I don't think the o-line will hold up very well.
Old 11-04-2008   #12
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans are smart, they will focus on the Ravens depleted secondary. Unlike the Browns who kept trying to run the ball. I know you have to rush every now and then to keep things honest, but trying to win games against the Ravens by rushing is not that easy.
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont even care anymore every game from here on out will be a hard nose fight

lets just try and get a few W feel good and end the season gracefully
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali4Real View Post
how the hell are we gonna shut down their wr's? we did it against the bengals, but the ravens are a better overall team.
Old 11-04-2008   #15
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
how the hell are we gonna shut down their wr's? we did it against the bengals, but the ravens are a better overall team.
Confuse Flacco by sending Mario into coverage?
Old 11-04-2008   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Confuse Flacco by sending Mario into coverage?
i think travis johnson should hide a prison shank in his pads till he gets close enough to flacco... never mind, that's a terrible idea.
Old 11-04-2008   #17
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i think travis johnson should hide a prison shank in his pads till he gets close enough to flacco... never mind, that's a terrible idea.
Might be our best bet, though.

Mario drops into coverage.

Flacco recognizes it and thinks to himself while in his drop "Wow. Why are they sending their best pass rusher into coverage? I've seen some lame stuff, but don't they know that MW is about their best bet to sack me? That Richard Smith sure is a knucklehead. If I was on that team I'd be screwed because we'd be constantly trying to bail out the offense."

After a latte and some careful reflection on the defensive scheme, the pocket finally closes in enough for Flacco to have to throw the ball. Reeves is burned - again.

See, giving TJ the shank isn't such a bad plan.
Old 11-04-2008   #18
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'd like to see more 8-in-the-box play this week. Really stick to it, even when they start targeting Reeves and trying to beat him deep stick with it. They can't hit it all day, this defense should be able to stop McGahee/Rice with 8 if they could contain AP for 3 quarters. Besides, they start trying fancy deep passes to often Super Mario is going to have a field day on Flacco.

On offense I want to see what they started the Dolphins game with. Lots of short passes. We know, the Ravens' D knows, THE TEXANS KNOW we aren't going to blow open the running game against this formidable D so don't force it. "Pass to set up the pass." We'll take Sage's gunslingin' mentality and force him to make easy passes instead of...his normal terrible decision making. Screens to Andre, Jacoby, Owen, Slip Slaton...do it up all day.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #19
jamil
Rookie

Get andre the ball early and often. it makes everything else so much easier, and it actually gives us a chance to win.
jamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #20
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post

There is something new, never have seen that!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read