Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2008   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Scouting Report on Schaub: Cheapshot him to DEATH

1. Albert Haynesworth cheaped him over and over and over until he was
injured.

2. Drayton Florence of the Chargers smashed him in the jaw with his HELMET.
Concussion

3. Another Chargers corner karate chopped Matt's shoulder, putting him down
for the remainder of the last season.

4. And yesterday, Jared Allen Goldberg'd Schaub's knee well after the ball was
gone, while his buddy was schoving Matt in the chest. They, in effect,
chop blocked Matt and tore his MCL.

I'm sick of these posters calling Schaub "injury prone." EVERY time he's gone
down, it's due to BLATANT attempts to injure. So, I guess that's what his
scouting report says.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #2
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scouting Report on Schaub: Cheapshot him to DEATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
injured.

Concussion

scouting report says.

And why wouldn't they?

Refs' will look the other way, (it's just the Texans after all ), and our downy soft O and D linemen will NOT retaliate.

Everyone likes a win win situation.

Old 11-03-2008   #3
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
injured.

Concussion

scouting report says.

Exactly, everyone in the league is so scared of him that this is they only way they can beat us. Every QB in the league takes these hits, just look at Big Ben in Pittsburgh, he has been hurt the diffrence is he stays on the field more than Schaub.

We can't put a red jersey on him, so he has to find a way to absorb the hits better (I know he can't do anything about the tear) or find another profession.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, until one of them nuts up and decides to take some pride in keeping their QB from getting hurt. I swear sometimes it's like we just shut down the moment the play ends. It feels like we've got some of the biggest cream-puff mentality guys in the entire NFL.

I genuinely want to see this happen the next time Schaub takes a cheap shot. I want to see somebody (on the defense) carted off on the next series and maybe not return that day. I know it probably goes against their grain to do that crap but I watched Allen hit Schaubs knee with just total outrage on my face. I couldn't believe that piece of crap would climb back up to his knees and dive at the QB's leg knowing full well the ball was gone. I pretty much decided that Jared Allen was a turd right there. If our guys never retaliate then it just means our QB's have a big ol' bulls eye on them and it ain't part of the logo.

We need to play a lot meaner. We need someone who is willing to get a little dirty at times. We've all heard about this blocking system and how other teams hate it because they get hurt playing against it. When is that going to happen? I think I'm ready to see some of that.
Old 11-03-2008   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
And why wouldn't they?

Refs' will look the other way, (it's just the Texans after all ), and our downy soft O and D linemen will NOT retaliate.

Everyone likes a win win situation.

Last year when Florence popped him in the chin , a guy called Kubiak's show and asked why we didn't get hem back and doesn't that make us soft . Kubiak replied ... they didn't teach that kind of football . Think of what would happen if Brady , Manning , Big Ben or any other team who's QB took those types of shots .

In the old (1970 )Raiders and Chiefs games Ben Davidson would squish Len Dawson . Buck Buchanon would kill Daryl lomonica and then George Blanda would come in and win the game .
Old 11-03-2008   #6
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Exactly, everyone in the league is so scared of him that this is they only way they can beat us. Every QB in the league takes these hits, just look at Big Ben in Pittsburgh, he has been hurt the diffrence is he stays on the field more than Schaub.
We can't put a red jersey on him, so he has to find a way to absorb the hits better (I know he can't do anything about the tear) or find another profession.
You are absolutely right!. I get so tired of this constant whining like no other QB in the league gets hit like this. Defensive players are after every QB in exactly the same way. Manning, Favre, Brady, They all have learned how to sidestep, get rid of the ball quickly, or take the hit and keep on playing. The game is football, not tea and crumpets. It is not just our sweet little Schaubby that gets picked on all the time by those big mean bad bullies on defense...whine, whine, whine, excuse, excuse, excuse. Geez... man up!
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Well, until one of them nuts up and decides to take some pride in keeping their QB from getting hurt. I swear sometimes it's like we just shut down the moment the play ends. It feels like we've got some of the biggest cream-puff mentality guys in the entire NFL.

I genuinely want to see this happen the next time Schaub takes a cheap shot. I want to see somebody (on the defense) carted off on the next series and maybe not return that day. I know it probably goes against their grain to do that crap but I watched Allen hit Schaubs knee with just total outrage on my face. I couldn't believe that piece of crap would climb back up to his knees and dive at the QB's leg knowing full well the ball was gone. I pretty much decided that Jared Allen was a turd right there. If our guys never retaliate then it just means our QB's have a big ol' bulls eye on them and it ain't part of the logo.

We need to play a lot meaner. We need someone who is willing to get a little dirty at times. We've all heard about this blocking system and how other teams hate it because they get hurt playing against it. When is that going to happen? I think I'm ready to see some of that.

http://sports.aol.com/story/_a/bbdp/...ddeeplinkNum=0

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 11-03-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2008   #8
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for posting this Dexman as I'm glad to know I'm not the only angry one out here!

I said it last year after the Florence hit. We should have come back the next time on defense and leveled someone on their team...Ferotte, AD, or Allen with our offense out there.

I toe the team line on everything that McNair, Smith, and Kubiak give us, but it's a tough game and if a team doesn't show backbone to protect their own, there isn't much hope of playoff caliber football IMO.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Thanks for posting this Dexman as I'm glad to know I'm not the only angry one out here!

I said it last year after the Florence hit. We should have come back the next time on defense and leveled someone on their team...Ferotte, AD, or Allen with our offense out there.

I toe the team line on everything that McNair, Smith, and Kubiak give us, but it's a tough game and if a team doesn't show backbone to protect their own, there isn't much hope of playoff caliber football IMO.
I'm with you on that one. Allen should've found himself on the receiving end of a few crack back blocks after that cheapshot. This is why we need a mean SOB or two on our OL, and it seems like we're missing that element.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #10
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Excellent post.

I respect Bob McNair and I completely understand why he is trying to put together a class organization without the likes of a Terrell Owens or a PacMan Jones. I have no quarrel with that.

But when you go out of your way to get "good guys" on your team, you run the risk of getting guys who are so clean cut that they lack a mean streak. Football is all about the mean streak. Show me a championship team and I'll show you a team with some headhunters on both sides of the ball. I don't see many guys like that on this team or in this organization. That needs to change.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is the cheap shot Jared Allen video. Watch it while you can before the NFL pulls the video. Please please please leave comments to make it a bigger, more searchable story. If this had happened to a QB from a more high profile franchise, the real media would be all over it.

FanHouse: Did Jared Allen Cheap Shot Matt Schaub

The slo mo part is scary. It shows how badly the line got destroyed. It was amazing that Schaub got the ball off and had a completion. And it also shows how cheap that hit was.

Please leave a comment. Don't have to leave a real email and even if you did, they don't do anything with them. Just like the offensive line needs to make a fuss, so do Texan fans.

BTW, shortly after that play, Jared Allen got his shoulder hurt some after he was driven to the ground by one of the Olinemen.
Old 11-03-2008   #12
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
BTW, shortly after that play, Jared Allen got his shoulder hurt some after he was driven to the ground by one of the Olinemen.
That was Briesel who dove on top of him during a running play. That should've happened more often.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #13
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes the Texans remind me of the Astros where we'd be getting beaned and our pitchers wouldn't do anything about it. I guess I'm just used to watching my team get cheap-shotted without any consequence. The city of Houston hasn't had someone with any balls on any sports team for a long long time.

FWIW, I thought Allen was playing very dirty and from listening to Kubes this afternoon he turned in 3 plays to the NFL for possible infractions. Doubt anything will come of it but whatever.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Sometimes the Texans remind me of the Astros where we'd be getting beaned and our pitchers wouldn't do anything about it. I guess I'm just used to watching my team get cheap-shotted without any consequence. The city of Houston hasn't had someone with any balls on any sports team for a long long time.

FWIW, I thought Allen was playing very dirty and from listening to Kubes this afternoon he turned in 3 plays to the NFL for possible infractions. Doubt anything will come of it but whatever.
Good. Let's make a fuss about this. Please, I ask you to leave comments on my blog post on this subject to make it more searchable. We need some righteous indignation so that the NFL cares about this some.

I know that some of my FH posts get league attention because I've been contacted about some of my opinion pieces by league spokesmen types. Be heard.
Old 11-03-2008   #15
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was screaming last year it was a friggin joke Haynesworth wasn't fined and/or suspended for the helmet to helmet in the game at Reliant. Then yesterday that crap happens, why aren't the Texans sending these tapes to the league and protesting what happened. If one of our guys did something like this they would be ejected on the spot.
texanhead08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it is one of those things ... schaub hit in the knee .. we will see what happens... if it was brees or favre... (big names) ..all hell breaks lose because people come to see those guys play and NFL takes notice.. we will see if NFL takes notice on Schaub
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I added my . I am Casey (my initials) over there.
Old 11-03-2008   #18
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick Smith needs to take notes from Daryl Morey, and get someone to protect our franchise player.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Football is a physical sport cant take the heat get out of the kitchen

Drew Brees takes hits he stays pretty healthy

Matt Hasselbeck played healthy for many years

Byron Leftwich has seemed to stay healthy over the years

Jason Campbell was sacked like 6 times today hes still healthy and has been active for along time
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

All i seen was Brown push Allen then turn is back to him HAHAHAH rookie mastike

dont let NO one touch your QB even after the whistle

GOd bless 69 who was the weeaver or pitts who tried to save Matty from the chop block but he was a sec to late
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read