Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-04-2005   #1
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Default First day picks on defensive line

What we have drafted previously will show where some of our needs may be for infusing youth.

We have only spent 1 first day pick on a defensive lineman, and it was our 2nd 3rd rounder in 2002, Hill, a player who isn't even on the team anymore.

We need to invest at least one of our top 2 picks, one on each side of the ball on each line.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

We definitely need to spend some first day picks on both sides of the line.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

^^^We definitely need to spend quite a few picks on the O and D line and even look into some free agents.
Old 01-04-2005   #4
Panther5407
All Pro

I think it was 610 that said in the rare event that John Abraham isn't resigned that the Texans would go after him big time. Just looking for some thoughts on that.
Old 01-04-2005   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we and several other clubs, particularly the Jagoofs, would be in the hunt. Would be pay the big bucks he would require??????? I doubt it.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I seriously doubt we sign him. What would he play for us? The Jags will have a lot more money to spend and are in worse need of him than we are.
Old 01-04-2005   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Im not sure how he would fair in the 3-4. He seems a bit light.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2005   #8
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Im not sure how he would fair in the 3-4. He seems a bit light.
He'd be an OLB.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Then I am sure we would not sign him, who would we sit Wong or Babin? Neither.
Old 01-04-2005   #10
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I wouldnt mind Marcus Spears and #13

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #11
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I hate to be like the others but...

I wonder if Foreman is trade bait or will turn into a special teams guy

Some OLB FA would make sense so Wong can return to the middle
cj5776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #12
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

how many player trades do you see in the NFL? very very few, and if they are its usually a big name. Foreman will not be traded. or it is VERY unlikely he will be.

Now for picking up someone else and moving Wong Inside, there is nothing wrong with that.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #13
LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Veteran

I'm watching the Orange Bowl and I'm looking at NT Mike Patterson of USC and he's imppressing me. He's making great plays in double teams and against Carter, one of the best centers in college. Just made a beautiful tackle on Adrian Peterson behind the LOS against a double team.
LoNghoRn-TeXaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #14
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

1st round - Ahmad Brooks ILB
2nd round - Haloti Ngata NT
3rd round - Kevin Everett TE
3rd round - Ben Wilkerson C
4th round - Antonio Perkins CB/KR/PR
5th round - Jonathan Jackson OLB
6th round - Larry Brackins WR
7th round - ?

My wish list so far.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
7th round - ?

My wish list so far.
dream on

Ahmad Brooks has indicated that he will return for his senior season. after watching him play I think that will really help him prepare for the NFL because right now he is no where near ready.

Haloti Ngata, if he declares is worth a top 10 pick for a team that needs a NT. Picking 13th would be plenty of value for the Texans, I fell terrible for Payne I really hope his career is not over, if he plays again for the Texans or not, but clearly our #1 Need now is the nose tackle position.

I do like Everett & Wilkerson in the 3rd that would be fine
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #16
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I wouldnt mind Marcus Spears and #13
I'd be happy with Marcus Spears at 13 too.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #17
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade down and get Channing Crowder then. Pick up an extra second rounder and draft Darnell Bing. Wow, now that would be a dream draft. lol
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
7th round - ?

My wish list so far.
And you think Ben Wilkerson will still be available in the 3rd round because . . . .?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #19
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

wow abraham would be a badass at lolb, not likely to happen though
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
7th round - ?

My wish list so far.
Perkins will be a 2nd rounder on based on the fact that he'll be the highest ranked return man in the draft.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read