Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-04-2008   #21
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Texans/Ravens game on TV in Austin. KEYE's going with Tennessee @ Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I would love to join in up north, but its just such a long drive from slaughter/brodie area. Especially when there is one 5 minutes away on south lamar.
I hear ya. I didn't realize you were that far south, I don't blame you.
Old 11-04-2008   #22
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Texans/Ravens game on TV in Austin. KEYE's going with Tennessee @ Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Just come to the Round Rock store, they always have the Texans on with audio. I know a good majority of the employees there and a lot of them are Texans fans, plus there are about 4 or 5 customers from the boards there and many other Texans fans show up when the game is not on locally. I will be there this Sunday.
Hey man, I will be there Sunday, save me a seat! My inlaws will be in town, and they are Cowgirl fans, and since they have a bye this week, they won't be leaving as early to make it home in time for the game.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #23
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Hey man, I will be there Sunday, save me a seat! My inlaws will be in town, and they are Cowgirl fans, and since they have a bye this week, they won't be leaving as early to make it home in time for the game.
Will do, I am bringing my wife if we can find a sitter so I might end up at a table depending on how early we get there, I will save you a seat though if at all possible.
Old 11-04-2008   #24
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Will do, I am bringing my wife if we can find a sitter so I might end up at a table depending on how early we get there, I will save you a seat though if at all possible.
I think I am going to try and make it this weekend Hardcore. I'm only about 8 miles out (near Lake Creek and 183).

Note to self: I do NOT need to write Mr. Paul of the Allegheny about his great support of Texas teams even though I'm am so far north I probably would not make it down there this year.
Old 11-04-2008   #25
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I think I am going to try and make it this weekend Hardcore. I'm only about 8 miles out (near Lake Creek and 183).

Note to self: I do NOT need to write Mr. Paul of the Allegheny about his great support of Texas teams even though I'm am so far north I probably would not make it down there this year.
Cool beans, we will look for you. I will most likely be in a battle red Demeco jersey.
Old 11-04-2008   #26
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be there if you guys don't mind closed captioning on just one tv.
Old 11-04-2008   #27
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'll be there if you guys don't mind closed captioning on just one tv.
I don't mind a bit, come on down! I did ask once before just out of curiosity if they could do it and was told the bigger flat screens couldn't do it but some of the smaller TV's could. That's gotta be horsesh*! though, why would a new, big, nice flat screen not have be able to do it when my old CRT can do it. I will make it by there during this work week and find out, I will talk to one of the managers and try and get a clear answer and post it on here. I don't see why it's not possible, or why anyone would mind, I sure don't mind at all.
Old 11-04-2008   #28
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't mind a bit, come on down! I did ask once before just out of curiosity if they could do it and was told the bigger flat screens couldn't do it but some of the smaller TV's could. That's gotta be horsesh*! though, why would a new, big, nice flat screen not have be able to do it when my old CRT can do it. I will make it by there during this work week and find out, I will talk to one of the managers and try and get a clear answer and post it on here. I don't see why it's not possible, or why anyone would mind, I sure don't mind at all.
I'll be fine watching it on one of the smaller TV. I just want to be able to understand the game and cheer along with my fellow fans and friends.

It is horsebleep though. Federal law states all TVs that are larger than 13 inches must have the captioning decoder built in. This law has been in effect for all TVs made past 1993 or so.

It bothers some people having it on so some people DO mind. I can understand that but when an establishment has twenty TVs and refuses to turn one on... ugh... A couple of people complained about it from this board once to go along with my battle with the management of Third Base.
Old 11-04-2008   #29
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
I'll be fine watching it on one of the smaller TV. I just want to be able to understand the game and cheer along with my fellow fans and friends.

It is horsebleep though. Federal law states all TVs that are larger than 13 inches must have the captioning decoder built in. This law has been in effect for all TVs made past 1993 or so.

It bothers some people having it on so some people DO mind. I can understand that but when an establishment has twenty TVs and refuses to turn one on... ugh... A couple of people complained about it from this board once to go along with my battle with the management of Third Base.
Yeah, I remember the posts concerning Turd Base about it, I agree it's crap, with all this technology we have at our disposal, it can't be THAT difficult.
Old 11-07-2008   #30
atxlaurie
Rookie

Rep Power: 8 atxlaurie is a Pro Bowleratxlaurie is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I'm sick of my only source of joy on Sundays being a Cowboy loss... or a Titan loss, back when they used to lose.

I'm just so, so sick of feeling like crap on Sundays because my team continues to do what they do. I guess I have an empty life if football rules me that much, but it does.
I feel ya Chris. I'm right there too.
atxlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #31
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

rah rah rah... blah blah blah.
Old 11-07-2008   #32
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
rah rah rah... blah blah blah.
you forgot
yadda yadda yadda
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #33
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Yeah, I remember the posts concerning Turd Base about it, I agree it's crap, with all this technology we have at our disposal, it can't be THAT difficult.
Hey Nitro,
I called up there and talked to one of the bar managers that I know, he said the would be able to put on CC on one of the TV's.
Old 11-07-2008   #34
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I blame the product on the field and the Texans front office and marketing department. They have done very little to try and promote the Texans outside of the Houston area. Sure they sent some Cheerleaders out last year to Austin and to San Antonio and I think they did something in San Antonio this year. But that is it. When the Schuab trade went down, there were no Austin media member there. That was a big trade for the organization at the time. I am not wanting to debate if it was good or not, doesn't matter. If it would have been the Cowboys you can bet some media members would have been there to cover it from both Austin and San Antonio

So with all that said, I want to thank the Texans organization for putting a ****ty product on the field and not doing anything throughout its short history to try and market the team and create a fan base in other areas.

Just plain sucks to be a Texan fan in Austin, the TV market does not care about me and the Texans organization does not care about me.

Old 11-07-2008   #35
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I blame the product on the field and the Texans front office and marketing department. They have done very little to try and promote the Texans outside of the Houston area. Sure they sent some Cheerleaders out last year to Austin and to San Antonio and I think they did something in San Antonio this year. But that is it. When the Schuab trade went down, there were no Austin media member there. That was a big trade for the organization at the time. I am not wanting to debate if it was good or not, doesn't matter. If it would have been the Cowboys you can bet some media members would have been there to cover it from both Austin and San Antonio

So with all that said, I want to thank the Texans organization for putting a ****ty product on the field and not doing anything throughout its short history to try and market the team and create a fan base in other areas.

Just plain sucks to be a Texan fan in Austin, the TV market does not care about me and the Texans organization does not care about me.

Sad but true. I wish they would do something to drum up support in these parts. As it has been said before, winning would cure a lot of these ills. Growing pains suck.
Old 11-07-2008   #36
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell in the first year the Academy's were stocked with Texans gear, we had player sightings, lots of media etc.
The next year the clerk at Academy said they put all Texans gear on clearance and won't get anymore, then we got a visit from 2 cheerleaders and two players from the practice squad, then nothing.
That's when I knew we were doomed here.
I eve tried to volunteer to be a local merch rep, nada!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #37
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:

Nitro, I double checked with them last night and they said it was no problem.
Old 11-09-2008   #38
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fortunately we're a Nielsen family this week. Guess which NFL game we are NOT to be listing as watched in the Austin market today?

If you said "Titans on KEYE," you are correct. It's the Vikes-Packers on Fox in this Nielsen household...
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #39
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

You lucky bastards.
Old 11-09-2008   #40
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I planned on going to Joe's to watch the game but got sick around 10:30 this morning. I became very dizzy and nauseated, almost throwing up, and the room didn't stop spinning until after kickoff. I laid on the sofa in the fetal position watching the Minnesota-Green Bay game while listening to the radio broadcast of the Texans game.

I'm glad I stayed home. I surely would've barfed all over the bar if I'd seen that game with my own eyes.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read