Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-03-2008   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Unhappy No Texans/Ravens game on TV in Austin. KEYE's going with Tennessee @ Chicago

...even though Vince Young isn't even playing.

Just a heads up. I got an email directly from the programming director at KEYE.

So, start making plans. Again.

Sigh.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #2
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Texans/Ravens game on TV in Austin. KEYE's going with Tennessee @ Chicago

NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Texans/Ravens game on TV in Austin. KEYE's going with Tennessee @ Chicago

Yep.

Also - the following game, Houston at Indy, WILL be on KEYE.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 11-03-2008   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

SON OF A M##################

Old 11-03-2008   #5
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
...even though Vince Young isn't even playing.

Just a heads up. I got an email directly from the programming director at KEYE.

So, start making plans. Again.

Sigh.
what are they going to have in place of that?
ATRAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you blame them??! Hell, watching our poorly coached boys is semi torture anyway! I guess we're all glutten's for punishment!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #7
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Do you blame them??! Hell, watching our poorly coached boys is semi torture anyway! I guess we're all glutten's for punishment!
Im still a firm believer that a state should support the state team no matter what.
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2008   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRAIN View Post
Im still a firm believer that a state should support the state team no matter what.
I agree with ya! If I lived in Austin I would be totally pissed off. Unfortunately, the State of Texas DOES support one of the States teams, it's just the one from up North, not down South. As for the meatballs from Tenn, well, it just might be a good day to go fishing! I would rather bake in the hot sun for hours than watch ONE stinkin minute of Titan football, except when they come to Reliant.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #9
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Barring the first two games of the season, we haven't played terrible...we just keep killing ourselves. Ever the optomist.
Old 11-03-2008   #10
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea but it is getting harderr and harder each game, each year, each day!
Thank GOD the Cowgurls ar losing too!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #11
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Yea but it is getting harderr and harder each game, each year, each day!
Thank GOD the Cowgurls ar losing too!
LOL thats a consolation prize for sure!!
Old 11-03-2008   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

I'm sick of my only source of joy on Sundays being a Cowboy loss... or a Titan loss, back when they used to lose.

I'm just so, so sick of feeling like crap on Sundays because my team continues to do what they do. I guess I have an empty life if football rules me that much, but it does.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 11-03-2008   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79189 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRAIN View Post
Not me, I am going to start emailing FOX in Austin. Since the Cowboys suck too maybe they can start showing all the Giants games. If they give me any resistance I will just tell them that KEYE's doing it too. It not about the home team, it just about who is winning.

Besides, the Giants actually have a UT player that is going to make it in the NFL in Aaron Ross.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn this crap. Im selling my tickets to save some money since I have to come from Austin, a Texans game can be expensive with gas/food/lodging.

Pluckers here I come.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #15
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Not me, I am going to start emailing FOX in Austin. Since the Cowboys suck too maybe they can start showing all the Giants games. If they give me any resistance I will just tell them that KEYE's doing it too. It not about the home team, it just about who is winning.

Besides, the Giants actually have a UT player that is going to make it in the NFL in Aaron Ross.
Now thats a funny proposal, good luck, but I am with you I dig watching those Giants pummel some people. Maybe Kubes ought to find out how they scout em!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #16
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

In case anyone was looking to try a pluckers for the game, here is an email I got from one of the owners when asked about the Texans game.

We give the stores a suggested audio and video schedule each week. However, like I said earlier, they try and adjust to what the majority of the fans in the restaurant at that time want. Usually, we always have the sound on of the Texans, Cowboys, Spurs, etc. Just call the store before you leave your house and they should be able to tell you. I am CC’ing the GM of the South Lamar store to this email as I would guess he can answer if they will have the Texans sound on a little later in the week.

Thanks,

Dave Paul
Founder/Wing Connoisseur
Pluckers
811 Barton Springs Rd #520
Austin, TX 78704
Old 11-04-2008   #17
Blake
MMQB

And here is the initial email response I got from them.

Blake,

Thanks for sending us your comments. We always appreciate hearing from our guests whether the news is positive or negative. We always try and have different sound zones for our restaurants so fans of various teams can listen to their favorite teams as well as watch the game. On Sunday, we had the sound of the Texans game on in the Coop area and the Steelers/Giants game in the restaurant. The dining room was on the Steelers game because our management felt there were more people interested in that game dining at the restaurant than the Texans. They usually look around and see what jerseys the fans are wearing or by talking to the guests to make this decision. Much to the chagrin of some Texans fans out there, the team just isn’t that popular in Austin. Heck, the local CBS affiliate didn’t even carry their games locally last year so they could show the Titans with Vince Young because he was a bigger draw in Austin. As a Falcons fan, believe me I know how frustrating it is to find a place that has the sound on for my favorite team.

Our goal is to please the majority of our guests, not necessarily to push a local team on them if they are interested in something else. In this case, we were able to provide sound for the game in the Coop for the Texans as well as the Steelers/Giants. If you choose not to dine with us because we don’t have the sound of all Texans games on in the dining room, then I certainly understand. Hopefully, the team will become more popular in Austin and they will be the featured game on the sound each week at our stores. Until then, I hope you are satisfied to potentially sit in the Coop to hear the games.

Thanks,

Dave Paul
Founder/Wing Connoisseur
Pluckers
Austin, TX 78704
Old 11-04-2008   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
And here is the initial email response I got from them.

Blake,

Thanks for sending us your comments. We always appreciate hearing from our guests whether the news is positive or negative. We always try and have different sound zones for our restaurants so fans of various teams can listen to their favorite teams as well as watch the game. On Sunday, we had the sound of the Texans game on in the Coop area and the Steelers/Giants game in the restaurant. The dining room was on the Steelers game because our management felt there were more people interested in that game dining at the restaurant than the Texans. They usually look around and see what jerseys the fans are wearing or by talking to the guests to make this decision. Much to the chagrin of some Texans fans out there, the team just isn’t that popular in Austin. Heck, the local CBS affiliate didn’t even carry their games locally last year so they could show the Titans with Vince Young because he was a bigger draw in Austin. As a Falcons fan, believe me I know how frustrating it is to find a place that has the sound on for my favorite team.

Our goal is to please the majority of our guests, not necessarily to push a local team on them if they are interested in something else. In this case, we were able to provide sound for the game in the Coop for the Texans as well as the Steelers/Giants. If you choose not to dine with us because we don’t have the sound of all Texans games on in the dining room, then I certainly understand. Hopefully, the team will become more popular in Austin and they will be the featured game on the sound each week at our stores. Until then, I hope you are satisfied to potentially sit in the Coop to hear the games.

Thanks,

Dave Paul
Founder/Wing Connoisseur
Pluckers
Austin, TX 78704

Just come to the Round Rock store, they always have the Texans on with audio. I know a good majority of the employees there and a lot of them are Texans fans, plus there are about 4 or 5 customers from the boards there and many other Texans fans show up when the game is not on locally. I will be there this Sunday.
Old 11-04-2008   #19
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Just come to the Round Rock store, they always have the Texans on with audio. I know a good majority of the employees there and a lot of them are Texans fans, plus there are about 4 or 5 customers from the boards there and many other Texans fans show up when the game is not on locally. I will be there this Sunday.
I would love to join in up north, but its just such a long drive from slaughter/brodie area. Especially when there is one 5 minutes away on south lamar.
Old 11-04-2008   #20
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79189 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

In all seriousness this IS the fault of the Texans. They can only blame themselves for the lack of interest outside of Houston (and even inside I can imagine).

From a pure football perspective it has been a horrible organization. There are lots of potential fans out there if they can get their act together. However 7 years into this you start to wonder if that is going to happen anytime soon.

We the people that just decided to be fans of the team because of any affiliation with Houston, or were former Oilers fans, etc and just have stuck with them for no other reason are in the minority (outside of Houston).

While I hate the Cowboys they have earned their fans with their previous successes and tradition. The Texans have neither yet.

Hate on KEYE all you want but you can't say they haven't been giving the Texans their chances (year after year). If they feel they will have better ratings showing another game then that is a business decision on their part (probably a smart one). Sure most affiliates show the local team, however they do so because that normally equals better ratings or they have to because they are in the actual city the team plays.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read