Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2008   #81
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub out for a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think Matt was wearing his helmet the second half, and standing on the sideline, because Kubiak probably told Matt that he had to go back in if something happened to Sage that was worse than what happened to Matt.

We have no 3rd string QB that was active. Kubiak is stubborn: He mentioned in the offseason that he "didn't ever want to go through that again..." making reference to how close he cut it with Schaub getting injured last year and then having virtually nobody behind Sage if something had happened in-game to Sage.

Well, here we are. Doy!

I had made this image back when Kubiak was still searching for lightning in a bottle at RB, before Slaton had emerged. I think I'll resurrect it again for his QB search. It's Whitesnake and their song "Here I go again, on my own..." Lyrics pasted beneath the image. I put my own twist on some the lyrics (bolded in red).

I don't know where I'm goin
but I sure know where I've been
hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday.
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time
but here I go again, here I go again.

Tho' I keep searching for an answer
I never seem to find what I'm looking for.
Oh Lord, I pray you give me strength to carry on
'cos I know what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams.

Here I go again on my own
goin' down the only road I've ever known.
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone.
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time.

Just another heart in need of rescue
waiting on love's sweet charity
an' I'm gonna hold on for the rest of my days

Like a BACKUP TO ELWAY I was born to walk alone.
but here I go again, here I go again,
here I go again, here I go.

Like a OC UNDER SHANAHAN I was born to walk alone

Like a HC IN RELIANT I was born to walk alone.
here I go again, here I go,
here I go again
I'm dumber for having to read that and re-live 1982.. (well except for seeing Tawny Kitaen on the hood of a jag)
Old 11-03-2008   #82
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
You can say you disagree, just don't be surprised when people say that they take the opinion of Kubiak over yours. And also don't be surprised if somebody calls you on it. You do not have a tenth of the knowledge, resources, expeirence or contacts of the worst coach in the NFL.

Speaking of coaches knowing when to pull players and going back on previous descisions; wonder what you think of all of Sage's previous coaches. You know the ones who all came to the conlcusion that Sage was not starter material.

The difference between my avatar and your bolded text is, that you are not forced to read my avatar if you want to carry on a conversation with me; while I have to read the bolded type to converse with you. You say it so you can find your posts easier, doesn't your avatar and username fullfil the same purpose? And I don't find it surprising that there are people who tell you that the bold is "leet".
I don't have the resources, experience, or knowledge as even the worst coach in the NFL? DUH! Well neither do you, so what are you even posting your opinion in here for? We should all just accept whatever our coach says and does, because we're fans and he is the coach right? Lol! That worked real well when people like you were saying the same thing when Capers was here and Carr as well. I'm sure you were saying the same things to people back then. Be a homer all you want and do and swallow everything a coach says with a losing record while ha has been a head coach. I don't just buy into any guy that gets hired to coach and assume that he'll make all the right decisions. I never said I was right or that I knew it all either. I just gave my opinion and it is what it is. What size or color font I choose to use when expressing it is my business. Get used to it.

And why you're bashing away on Sage right now, we'll see how ole Sage does in the next few weeks. I'll be rooting him on, why you seem like you're just waiting to bash him some more so you can say "I told you so". You should feel so proud. Personally I'd love for Sage to play well and for Shaub to have a quick recovery and get back on the field and play well right after him because we both know that Kubiak will go back to Shaub no matter how well or how poor Sage plays. It isn't a job that Shaub has to win. It is his as long as Kubiak is the head coach here. Not that it will matter that much though because neither one is hardly better than the other.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #83
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think Matt was wearing his helmet the second half, and standing on the sideline, because Kubiak probably told Matt that he had to go back in if something happened to Sage that was worse than what happened to Matt.

We have no 3rd string QB that was active. Kubiak is stubborn: He mentioned in the offseason that he "didn't ever want to go through that again..." making reference to how close he cut it with Schaub getting injured last year and then having virtually nobody behind Sage if something had happened in-game to Sage.

Well, here we are. Doy!

I had made this image back when Kubiak was still searching for lightning in a bottle at RB, before Slaton had emerged. I think I'll resurrect it again for his QB search. It's Whitesnake and their song "Here I go again, on my own..." Lyrics pasted beneath the image. I put my own twist on some the lyrics (bolded in red).

I don't know where I'm goin
but I sure know where I've been
hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday.
but here I go again, here I go again.

Tho' I keep searching for an answer
I never seem to find what I'm looking for.
Oh Lord, I pray you give me strength to carry on

Like a drifter I was born to walk alone.

Just another heart in need of rescue
waiting on love's sweet charity
an' I'm gonna hold on for the rest of my days

Like a BACKUP TO ELWAY I was born to walk alone.
here I go again, here I go.

Like a OC UNDER SHANAHAN I was born to walk alone

Like a HC IN RELIANT I was born to walk alone.
here I go again, here I go,
here I go again

Hilarious GP! I didn't even notice Kubiak in that picture at first either, or those lyrics you threw in there. Lol! Clever.
Old 11-03-2008   #84
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I had a feeling he hurt something badly on that play. I dont like Jaren Allen and feel that he caused an injury to a QB after the ball was gone and unneccesary.

Sage will win a few games, probably go 5-3 or 4-4 giving us an 8-8 or 7-9 record for the year.

I would advise picking him up as a backup in your FF league. :P
On team 1 in FF I have Warner and Roethlisbeger
On team 2 in FF I have McNabb and Warner.

I will pass on Rosenfells.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #85
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post

Just like everyother GM.
Old 11-03-2008   #86
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't have the resources, experience, or knowledge as even the worst coach in the NFL? DUH! Well neither do you, so what are you even posting your opinion in here for? We should all just accept whatever our coach says and does, because we're fans and he is the coach right? Lol! That worked real well when people like you were saying the same thing when Capers was here and Carr as well. I'm sure you were saying the same things to people back then. Be a homer all you want and do and swallow everything a coach says with a losing record while ha has been a head coach. I don't just buy into any guy that gets hired to coach and assume that he'll make all the right decisions. I never said I was right or that I knew it all either. I just gave my opinion and it is what it is. What size or color font I choose to use when expressing it is my business. Get used to it.

And why you're bashing away on Sage right now, we'll see how ole Sage does in the next few weeks. I'll be rooting him on, why you seem like you're just waiting to bash him some more so you can say "I told you so". You should feel so proud. Personally I'd love for Sage to play well and for Shaub to have a quick recovery and get back on the field and play well right after him because we both know that Kubiak will go back to Shaub no matter how well or how poor Sage plays. It isn't a job that Shaub has to win. It is his as long as Kubiak is the head coach here. Not that it will matter that much though because neither one is hardly better than the other.
First off, I root for the team not any single player; nor do I root against any player.

I'm not bashing Sage, just trying to point out to a few that we have seen Sage's act, both here and Miami, and to expect to change know is akin to expecting the sky to be green tomorrow. Been saying it since this topic came up last season.

I don't think we'll win any of the next four games, and I also don't think that any of the loses will all be the fault of Rosencopter. But I fully expect games like the one against Tenn last year, or in other words Sage will do just as much damage to our chances of winning as he will to help our changes of winning.

Sage is at best a QB who should manage the game, the problem is he thinks he has the ability to be Brett Farve.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #87
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Just like everyother GM.
According to some around here every other GM does not have a clue.
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2008   #88
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
On team 1 in FF I have Warner and Roethlisbeger
On team 2 in FF I have McNabb and Warner.

Sounds like you have your QB situation under control. But not everyone has Kurt Warner, McNabb or Roethlisberger.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #89
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

1st round QB: there are at least 3 pretty good ones and one should drop to us.
2nd roundT that can stop an RB or a DE to play opposite... (ok you know how to finish)
3rd round: best CB or safety available. Or maybe it is ok if you score TD off INT and then can't get close to another receiver?
4th round: abig old RB to take AHman Green's place.

For this year... 2 aspirins and call me tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2008   #90
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
2nd roundT that can stop an RB or a DE to play opposite... (ok you know how to finish)
3rd round: best CB or safety available. Or maybe it is ok if you score TD off INT and then can't get close to another receiver?

I laughed when Tennessee picked LenDale White.

I am not laughing now that he has a speedy Chris Johnson paired up with him. I think a lot of the Titans' success is due to the slashing and speedy Johnson and then in comes the bruising tank that just throttles guys all game long. Defenses are having to be mindful of their tackling styles all game long "Gotta go low on LenDale," and "Gotta beat Johnson to the running lane,") and on top of the mental workout, the defensive players are (A) getting gassed from chasing a speedy Johnson and (b) getting tired of tackling White and taking those licks each time.

They are just running defenses down. And that 4th quarter is suddenly harder to play than normal. Gotta' give props to Jeff Fisher and his squad. VY going bye-bye has also helped.

Our run game looked pretty good when Ahman and Slaton were cycling in and out of the lineup all game long. Imagine a younger version of Ahman Green or someone slightly larger than Ahman.

Kubiak, by virtue of a very crafty and maybe even LUCKY draft in 2009, might be able to trump his own bad game management. But nothing is going to overcome our awful defensive philosophy. It looks like a 4-3, but it's playing out to be a 3-4 in terms of pressuring the QB.
Old 11-03-2008   #91
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
First off, I root for the team not any single player; nor do I root against any player.

I'm not bashing Sage, just trying to point out to a few that we have seen Sage's act, both here and Miami, and to expect to change know is akin to expecting the sky to be green tomorrow. Been saying it since this topic came up last season.

I don't think we'll win any of the next four games, and I also don't think that any of the loses will all be the fault of Rosencopter. But I fully expect games like the one against Tenn last year, or in other words Sage will do just as much damage to our chances of winning as he will to help our changes of winning.

Sage is at best a QB who should manage the game, the problem is he thinks he has the ability to be Brett Farve.
There is some truth to what you're saying. I don't totally disagree with you. However, though he isn't as TO prone and wild as you say. I'll give you the Indy game, but I like the fact that Sage does try and make a few plays. We need a QB that has some moxy. Just not to much for his own good. I don't see how he couldn't have learned some huge lessons from the Indy game. It was awful, but we need to move on. If he comes out stinking things up, then I'll have no problem coming back in here and telling you that I was wrong and you were right. He is going to make some plays though. He will be able to move the ball down the field pretty well. Will it be enough each game with our terrible defense? I dunno, he might HAVE to gun sling a little bit to keep scoring. He can't totally be a game manager when we have a terrible offense though. We will need the offense to put up points, and playing it completely safe just might not get it done. It just depends on different game situations.

Let's give him support though and hope he does well. We will not lose the next four games. And if we do, I will guarantee you that it won't because a ton of Rosencopter mistakes. It will be mainly because of coaching, and this team had better not lose the next four games or Kubiak had better be out of here. This team showed that it has play makers on the offense at least and the D won't get turned around until Kubiak demands that Smith gets canned. We need the D to play better so our offense doesn't have to score so much just to win. Sage will have to gamble on certain plays and then he'll have to be real conservative on certain plays and be a game manager like you say. It will just depend on the game situation which will ultimately fall under the head coach's leadership.
Old 11-03-2008   #92
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I have no problem with his footwork in the pocket. I have a problem with a gimpy Schaub in the pocket, which he was. He should have never been in the game at that moment.
My analysis wasn't only from this game....

Overall Schaub doesn't do that great a job sliding around in the pocket and re-setting to throw IMHO...I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that he gets a lot of pressure right in his face though...

O-line definitely has to do a better job of protecting...We gotta do a better job of running it and keeping pressure off the pass game...
Old 11-03-2008   #93
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

1st round I think we need a pass rusher if he is there man. This D needs play makers.

2nd round: Maybe a RB or QB. Depending on who is there. However, we might need to stay with defense. If there is a safety available that is the right guy or even a LB we need to get them.

3rd round: RB or LB. All depends on who we have already drafted.
Old 11-03-2008   #94
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

CB,LB,S,DE,DT,OG. Did I miss anything??
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #95
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
CB,LB,S,DE,DT,OG. Did I miss anything??
I don't think so. My list exactly.
Old 11-03-2008   #96
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Sounds like you have your QB situation under control. But not everyone has Kurt Warner, McNabb or Roethlisberger.
Because I'd rather not deal with the cold reality of another Monday as a Houston Texans fan, I'm gonna talk fantasy....

I'm one of those who doesn't have a Warner, Brees, or McNabb and Eli isn't doing much for me. I'd take Rosenfels without hesitation because he has some awesome weaponry to play with and the Texans will throw the ball often. If only I hadn't used my #1 waiver wire priority last week on Ginn. Now I have to sweat it out and pray the six guys in front of me don't want Sage.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #97
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

nfl.com says Schaub will be out 'up to 4 weeks'...

Thats probably the rest of the season :I
Old 11-03-2008   #98
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Anyone who wants to see Rosencopter will get plenty of him these next few weeks. It will be interesting I think.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #99
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

DOnt worry if sage goes down "Knocks on wood"

Old Mr G Kubes will suit up he used to be a QB for denver !!!!!!!! back in the 80's prob
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #100
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Anyone who wants to see Rosencopter will get plenty of him these next few weeks. It will be interesting I think.
I wanna see Rosenjet
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read