Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2008   #61
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub out for a month

I would say it is 50/50 that Schaub goes on IR at this point so that we do not have to cut anyone.
Old 11-03-2008   #62
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Look at the numbers between the first and 2nd half of that game. Sage moved the chains a lot better than Shaub did.
Was Sage playing with a torn MCL?
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #63
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we could talk Bud into giving up VY .... for a sample of sausage.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #64
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

This bites in the worst way.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #65
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
This bites in the worst way.
You mean that bites in the Wurst way! No pun intended.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #66
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I have no problem with his footwork in the pocket. I have a problem with a gimpy Schaub in the pocket, which he was. He should have never been in the game at that moment.
Exactly. Literally left in a position to do little else but fail. I spent the better part of that quarter wondering why in the hell he was still out there. I'm still trying to figure that out. Sometimes the decision making on this team just blows my mind. We are down to Slaton and Moats at RB, we've got Green doing his gimp routine again (big surprise) and we've sent Walker and Taylor both packing.

To top it all off we could have had Cedric Benson who went for 104 yards on 24 carries running behind that pile of poo the Bengals call an offensive line but we couldn't sully ourselves with his presence following a couple of (ultimately dismissed) charges of intoxication. The Texans can't run the ball, can't depend on Green, and were too good for Cedric Benson to play for?
Old 11-03-2008   #67
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post

Once again, Sage was given multiple chances to win the starting before becoming the back-up here is Houston. He failed. It is also important to remember that he was signed to be the back-up, and not to compete for the starting job. I agree that Kubiak may not be the HC we all hoped he might be, but that does not diminish his abilities as a QB coach or an OC; and it's those parts of his coaching knowledge that I trust over quite a few poeples when it comes to Matt v Sage.

The comments about the bolded text were more of a post script, as if you go back and re-read my psot you'll see that I did indeed adress your so called "points". But I'm starting to fell that you bold your posts in either an attempt to gather attention or to further highlight that you post a contraian message. Either way it is now, and will forever be annoying.
So because Kubiak thinks Shaub is the man, posters on this board are not allowed to say they disagree? There are a ton of coaches that I don't trust in their opinion to pick the right starters. Childress was one of them, but he quickly took Jackson out of there and put in Ferrott and the team has played much better on offense. Billick was supposed to be an offensive genius when he went to Balitmore and year after year had the wrong guy at QB, and would never learn or admit when he made a mistake or picked the wrong guy. Gruden seems to know offenses pretty well, but never can seem to know what QB to use even when he knows it will hurt the team.

And going back to the bold, I could care less what you think about it. I've always had the bold on other boards and I've never heard this type of whining and complaining of it. It helps me to find posts after mine when I go back into threads. It is easier and more convenient. Do you see me telling you how annoying your ridiculous avatar is? No. You have what you want, just as I do whether it is screen name, avatar, sig, or font. Dread Head uses bold sometimes, while a few other posters in here use different colors for their words. You don't see me whining to them. The funny thing is that I've had several posters PM and tell me keep the bold when whiners like you complain or try bringing it up. Several people like it, and if you don't again I don't give a rat's ass.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2008   #68
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

It does totally piss me off that they did not get Schaub out of the game immediately when he was hurt. I was surprised at the time that they were not even evaluating him on the sideline, when it was obvious - to everyone watching on TV anyway - that he was hurt. I don't like to run around casting blame - but what were the trainers and coaches thinking. And I'll bet dollars to donuts it was made worse by leaving him in.
Old 11-03-2008   #69
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
It does totally piss me off that they did not get Schaub out of the game immediately when he was hurt. I was surprised at the time that they were not even evaluating him on the sideline, when it was obvious - to everyone watching on TV anyway - that he was hurt. I don't like to run around casting blame - but what were the trainers and coaches thinking. And I'll bet dollars to donuts it was made worse by leaving him in.
This is the second time that this has happened this year. Another bad game by Kubiak.
Old 11-03-2008   #70
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Schaub out for a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
This has nothing to do with being injury prone and has everything to do with having a crappy OL and a cheap DE (Jared Allen went low on Schaub a TON)
I agree. Given the premise Schaub is "ruined" (I don't think he is), why should we bring in and ruin a 3rd QB? Let's fix the o-line.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #71
texanfreak
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 texanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
At least no one can say that Schaub isn't tough. He got hit twice in his knee, and still finished the half. Afterwards, he kept his helmet on, ready to go.

All with a torn MCL

This has nothing to do with being injury prone and has everything to do with having a crappy OL and a cheap DE (Jared Allen went low on Schaub a TON)
DING DING DING We have a winner folks, Schaub showed true grit in my opinion Kubiak said after the game that Schaub wanted to stay in. The o-line let Schaub get killed plain and simple. When Schaub throws for 300+ yards and 3 TDs he's a hero. But when he has a bad day so called fans want to burn him at the stake. Stupid fairweather fans!
texanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #72
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Schaub out for a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Exactly. Literally left in a position to do little else but fail. I spent the better part of that quarter wondering why in the hell he was still out there. I'm still trying to figure that out. Sometimes the decision making on this team just blows my mind.
SO many times during games I feel like Kubiak is so busy playing OC he forgets to be the head coach and manage all the coahes and team.

Brings up another point, why do we have an OC?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #73
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Totally agree with you here. What I wonder though is what was Shaub saying? What if the coaches wanted to take him out and he wanted to still go? Did Shaub insist on playing knowing that he really couldn't handle the pain? Or was it just a horrible move on the trainers and the coaching staff?

The coaching staff should have yanked him for sure, but did he insist on staying in the game is my question and if so why didn't the coaches take him out any way?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #74
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

Brings up another point, why do we have an OC?
Shanny Jr. wants to stay out of daddy's shadow.
Old 11-03-2008   #75
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
Totally agree with you here. What I wonder though is what was Shaub saying? What if the coaches wanted to take him out and he wanted to still go? Did Shaub insist on playing knowing that he really couldn't handle the pain? Or was it just a horrible move on the trainers and the coaching staff?

The coaching staff should have yanked him for sure, but did he insist on staying in the game is my question and if so why didn't the coaches take him out any way?
It doesn't matter what the players says. Any player worth his salt will tell the coach he wants to play, he said boldly.
Old 11-03-2008   #76
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So because Kubiak thinks Shaub is the man, posters on this board are not allowed to say they disagree? There are a ton of coaches that I don't trust in their opinion to pick the right starters. Childress was one of them, but he quickly took Jackson out of there and put in Ferrott and the team has played much better on offense. Billick was supposed to be an offensive genius when he went to Balitmore and year after year had the wrong guy at QB, and would never learn or admit when he made a mistake or picked the wrong guy. Gruden seems to know offenses pretty well, but never can seem to know what QB to use even when he knows it will hurt the team.

And going back to the bold, I could care less what you think about it. I've always had the bold on other boards and I've never heard this type of whining and complaining of it. It helps me to find posts after mine when I go back into threads. It is easier and more convenient. Do you see me telling you how annoying your ridiculous avatar is? No. You have what you want, just as I do whether it is screen name, avatar, sig, or font. Dread Head uses bold sometimes, while a few other posters in here use different colors for their words. You don't see me whining to them. The funny thing is that I've had several posters PM and tell me keep the bold when whiners like you complain or try bringing it up. Several people like it, and if you don't again I don't give a rat's ass.
You can say you disagree, just don't be surprised when people say that they take the opinion of Kubiak over yours. And also don't be surprised if somebody calls you on it. You do not have a tenth of the knowledge, resources, expeirence or contacts of the worst coach in the NFL.

Speaking of coaches knowing when to pull players and going back on previous descisions; wonder what you think of all of Sage's previous coaches. You know the ones who all came to the conlcusion that Sage was not starter material.

The difference between my avatar and your bolded text is, that you are not forced to read my avatar if you want to carry on a conversation with me; while I have to read the bolded type to converse with you. You say it so you can find your posts easier, doesn't your avatar and username fullfil the same purpose? And I don't find it surprising that there are people who tell you that the bold is "leet".
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #77
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

You get what you get with Rosenfels. He's someone who can throw great timing passes, but is immobile and can't make quick decisions on his own. In his own words, he did poorly on the fly on that end zone interception when he had to make the play call. So you get precise patterns and big yardage, but poor decisions lead to turnovers. He's always been like that, and it's unlikely to change.

Schaub, on the other hand, has a stronger arm, quicker feet, and makes better on-the-fly decisions. He has also improved every single game. His only real mistake against the Vikings was the fumble. That pick was not completely his fault. I don't think he (or Kubiak) realized the severity of his injury until that play. Leach was wide open by about five yards, and Schaub shortchanged it by five yards. That wasn't a bad play; that was unexpected pain when he tried to plant for that throw. He didn't have the strength.

I'm not making excuses; I'm laying out what we've got. Schaub is great when he has protection, and good when he doesn't. Problem is, our o-line got absolutely MANHANDLED by the Vikes, and our QB paid the price. Out for a month against a pretty tough stretch.

Here's to hoping he's back in time to start the MNF game and have our coming-out party. Playoff expectations were a bit much for this year, and we all knew that. But we can show the world we're a legit NFL team on Dec. 1.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #78
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Colts fans are rejoicing on their message board. They love them some Sage.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #79
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a feeling he hurt something badly on that play. I dont like Jaren Allen and feel that he caused an injury to a QB after the ball was gone and unneccesary.

Sage will win a few games, probably go 5-3 or 4-4 giving us an 8-8 or 7-9 record for the year.

I would advise picking him up as a backup in your FF league. :P
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #80
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Matt was wearing his helmet the second half, and standing on the sideline, because Kubiak probably told Matt that he had to go back in if something happened to Sage that was worse than what happened to Matt.

We have no 3rd string QB that was active. Kubiak is stubborn: He mentioned in the offseason that he "didn't ever want to go through that again..." making reference to how close he cut it with Schaub getting injured last year and then having virtually nobody behind Sage if something had happened in-game to Sage.

Well, here we are. Doy!

I had made this image back when Kubiak was still searching for lightning in a bottle at RB, before Slaton had emerged. I think I'll resurrect it again for his QB search. It's Whitesnake and their song "Here I go again, on my own..." Lyrics pasted beneath the image. I put my own twist on some the lyrics (bolded in red).

I don't know where I'm goin
but I sure know where I've been
hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday.
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time
but here I go again, here I go again.

Tho' I keep searching for an answer
I never seem to find what I'm looking for.
Oh Lord, I pray you give me strength to carry on
'cos I know what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams.

Here I go again on my own
goin' down the only road I've ever known.
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone.
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time.

Just another heart in need of rescue
waiting on love's sweet charity
an' I'm gonna hold on for the rest of my days

Like a BACKUP TO ELWAY I was born to walk alone.
but here I go again, here I go again,
here I go again, here I go.

An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time.

Like a OC UNDER SHANAHAN I was born to walk alone

Like a HC IN RELIANT I was born to walk alone.
but here I go again, here I go again,
here I go again, here I go,
here I go again

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read