Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2008   #21
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer
Default Re: Schaub out for a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
wow...what a bummer.

I guess we'll see if Sage can step up for a full 60 minutes. Hope he protects the ball at all costs.
Sage is going to have to go into an intense course of valuing the ball.
Old 11-03-2008   #22
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

This really makes me upset about that hit on Schaub. I don't know about anyone else...but as soon as I saw that I was screaming at the t.v. for a flag. I hope he gets fined for that...it was intentional and certainly dirty (that's just my opinion at least).
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #23
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

well now kubiak has a built in excuse.

kubiak in 09 here we come *frowns*
Old 11-03-2008   #24
texan9885
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
This really makes me upset about that hit on Schaub. I don't know about anyone else...but as soon as I saw that I was screaming at the t.v. for a flag. I hope he gets fined for that...it was intentional and certainly dirty (that's just my opinion at least).
I thought that too, guys like him and Haynesworth fall on the qbs legs all the time trying to hurt them. I wish we had a mean but clean guy like Jared Allen and Haynesworth.
texan9885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #25
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Why? So we can have even more Rosencopter moments to cringe about?

Sage has a had multiple changes to be a starting NFL Qb, and he has failed everytime.
People like you really trip me out. All you can do is point to that one game, completely ignoring what Sage has done for most of that game and in many others. Then you totally ignore Shaub's TO's and his deer in headlights syndrome where he drops the ball the moment a D lineman touches him.

Keep sounding like a broken record talking about the Colts game all you want. It gets stale and old. Move on. Sage can make plays. He isn't a great QB, but Shaub really isn't any better than Sage. Look at the numbers between the first and 2nd half of that game. Sage moved the chains a lot better than Shaub did. Will he in every game? Dunno, but he has proven that he can play at least as good as Shaub. Shaub was a back up just like Sage was. You and many others only like Shaub so much because Kubiak called him the starter after a golf game.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Why? So we can have even more Rosencopter moments to cringe about?

Sage has a had multiple changes to be a starting NFL Qb, and he has failed everytime.

That doesn't matter a whole lot now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #27
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr should of stayed for 1 more year

how can u cut a guy after he beat the colts and a up a coming browns team

then Sage should of been the starter when he left

Getting scahub has come back to bite us n the butt
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2008   #28
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
People like you really trip me out. All you can do is point to that one game, completely ignoring what Sage has done for most of that game and in many others. Then you totally ignore Shaub's TO's and his deer in headlights syndrome where he drops the ball the moment a D lineman touches him.

Keep sounding like a broken record talking about the Colts game all you want. It gets stale and old. Move on. Sage can make plays. He isn't a great QB, but Shaub really isn't any better than Sage. Look at the numbers between the first and 2nd half of that game. Sage moved the chains a lot better than Shaub did. Will he in every game? Dunno, but he has proven that he can play at least as good as Shaub. Shaub was a back up just like Sage was. You and many others only like Shaub so much because Kubiak called him the starter after a golf game.
I can point to several games, including the one this past Sunday, when Sage has made expensive turnovers by forcing plays. Schaub's interception Sunday, was an underthrown pass, caused by throwing off an injured leg. Sage's was trying to force a play and throwing into tight double coverage. What about last year's Titan's game? Yes, Sage brought us back to an almost miraculous comeback - but he got us into a deep hole in the first place with interceptions. Sage seems very prone to brain farts, he will move the ball - but he will make stupid mistakes. I think that is what most of the Sage naysayers see - preventable mistakes. Do NOT fool yourself into thinking there is only ONE game Sage has thrown away - literally.

Maybe I should bold this so you can understand it.
Old 11-03-2008   #29
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rosenfels plays better when he has a full week of preperation going in as the starting QB. The other advantage is that he's a bit more mobile than Schaub, although that's not really saying much.
Old 11-03-2008   #30
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
That doesn't matter a whole lot now.
Nope. Not really.

So we've got the Rosencopter and a 7th round project for the next four weeks?

I think I called 4-12 to 6-10 for the season about two weeks ago. I'm feeling pretty good about that prediction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Carr should of stayed for 1 more year
You lost me right there.
Old 11-03-2008   #31
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Culpepper will be at Reliant trying out in 5...4...3...2...
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #32
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
I think I called 4-12 to 6-10 for the season about two weeks ago. I'm feeling pretty good about that prediction.

Likewise I've downgraded my prediction to 6-10. Oh well. At least we'll get some good draft picks next year. I still have confidence in the Texans management to draft well.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #33
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub out for-ever for the Texans. I'm finished with him, hopefully Smith and Kubiak are too. This guy is going to get us nowhere if he's going to miss 5-6 games a season.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #34
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

At least no one can say that Schaub isn't tough. He got hit twice in his knee, and still finished the half. Afterwards, he kept his helmet on, ready to go.

All with a torn MCL

This has nothing to do with being injury prone and has everything to do with having a crappy OL and a cheap DE (Jared Allen went low on Schaub a TON)
Old 11-03-2008   #35
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Schaub out for-ever for the Texans. I'm finished with him, hopefully Smith and Kubiak are too. This guy is going to get us nowhere if he's going to miss 5-6 games a season.
You've gone on and on calling Shaub this great QB for the franchise and the future. How are you all of a sudden that quick off of his band wagon? Wow.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #36
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

Sage is a mental midget. If the Colts game wasn't enough to prove that, then his own play-calling from yesterday that resulted in a endzone int should.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #37
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
They need another QB on the roster.
1) Who?
2) Who gets cut?
the Texans cut both Boyd/Brink when setting roster to final 52. then a few weeks ago they resigned Alex to the practice squad, not sure if Shane Boyd was eligible?

I will say a couple things, Alex knows the offense & I beleive he can manage a more run orientated variation of the ZBS. Now we'll really get to see how good this coaching staff is at adapting to circumstances
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #38
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
I was thinking the same thing and to make it worse Allen went after his knees a second time and that seems to have caused even more damage. If it was Manning I guarantee you there would have been a penalty.
Old 11-03-2008   #39
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
Culpepper will be at Reliant trying out in 5...4...3...2...
Culpepper signed with the Lions
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read