Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2008   #21
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I think Chronicles Solomon has nailed it here: Schaub remain a huge question mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I think that people are overthinking.

Schaub got busted in the side of the knee. Stuff happens....Orton, Brady, etc.

The offensive line isn't good enough to be expected to pass block all but 16 plays.

Kubiak should have pulled him given how gimpy he was after that.

I don't think the Texans would have won anyway, because the defense was ridiculous.
Dang you and your cool head! Quit making sense - you're making it very difficult to overreact in the wake of a loss.
Old 11-03-2008   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I think Chronicles Solomon has nailed it here: Schaub remain a huge question mark

give me a running game that cannot be stopped, I'll show you a QB who remains healthy & upright
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #23
texan9885
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVPtexan9885 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
give me a running game that cannot be stopped, I'll show you a QB who remains healthy & upright
Just look at the titans! Imagine Kerry Collins as a texan, who in their right mind would want that!
texan9885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #24
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
Deer in the headlights does not describe Schaubs ability to play. I would like those of you who think he is fragile to take a direct hit to the side of your knee from an NFL defensive lineman.

Do you remember David Carr? Yeah, he was never hurt with all his sacks - you know why? Because any sense of pressure Carr felt, he immediately got into fetal position and fell down.

Why does Schaub get hurt on his sacks? Because he isnt scared of them and he is trying to still make a play. It is his line that is letting him down on those plays. You will get injured as an NFL QB if you still try to look down field and throw when a player is about to his your knees.

I prefer he trys to make a play rather than Carr Coddle. Its the line you should be blaming - not Schaub. We have all seen how he plays when he isnt taking constant shots to the knee.

So, back off.
This is hilarious. Shaub is not a tough QB at all, and one thing he could learn from David Carr is how to handle pain and take hits. Carr could do that, but that is about all he could do.

Shaub drops the ball the moment he gets touched. I don't know what it is. He fumbles about as bad as Kurt Warner does. Shaub is just not a good QB when it comes to game where he is getting pressured.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #25
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

For all the people on the Schaub bandwagon saying he's been looking good these past weeks, just remember it was when we were playing WINLESS teams!

Rosenfels and Schaub suck! Plain and simple.

Chase Daniel, Tim Tebow, Colt McCoy, Graham Harrell, Zac Robinson, or Sam Bradford.

^ Lets please give one of these guys a look in the draft! Obviously some won't be available, but I bet we could get one of these guys in the future.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #26
austintexanite
All Pro

The hits on his knee were pretty brutal. I thought they were going to call a timeout and check him on the sideline but they continued to let him play. You could tell he wasn't the same because they ran a couple of running plays and Matt looked slow handing the ball off to Steve. All in all, it blows that he will be out for a month.
Old 11-03-2008   #27
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
For all the people on the Schaub bandwagon saying he's been looking good these past weeks, just remember it was when we were playing WINLESS teams!

Rosenfels and Schaub suck! Plain and simple.

Chase Daniel, Tim Tebow, Colt McCoy, Graham Harrell, Zac Robinson, or Sam Bradford.

^ Lets please give one of these guys a look in the draft! Obviously some won't be available, but I bet we could get one of these guys in the future.
Miami Dolphins have beat the Patriots, Chargers and @Denver. They were not winless.
Old 11-03-2008   #28
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

2. He was getting shaky way before he was hurt. Matt wasn't doing anything special as the game wore on, and he was getting pressured harder as the first half continued.

:
Actually Matt was hurt on the very first drive, it was a third down completion to Daniels when Allen rolled into Matt's knee. That might not have been the hit that got his MCL but it was the hit that started it.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #29
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Miami Dolphins have beat the Patriots, Chargers and @Denver. They were not winless.
You know I was talking about Detroit and Cincy. And if you're calling a win over Miami a huge success, then you have low expectations my friend.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #30
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
Actually Matt was hurt on the very first drive, it was a third down completion to Daniels when Allen rolled into Matt's knee. That might not have been the hit that got his MCL but it was the hit that started it.
Good grief!

I love how there's all these technicalities for Schaub.

This is bordering upon David Carr II for crying out loud.

Matt Schaub, for whatever reason (genetics, bad luck, whatever), cannot stay on the field. two years in a row that the guy can't play.

I don't care WHAT caused the injury or WHEN it happened. It continues to happen. Bad oline has been mentioned today. Every oline is going to allow a sack, or allow the QB to get touched at some point. Every oline, OK?

That's where the Anointed Matt Schaub Is QB King crowd goes next: It's the oline's fault. Bank on it. That's where this is headed.

We have to find a QB who can get the ball out of his hand without getting it picked off, without getting hurt, and that means even if the drive stalls due to throwing it away. At some point, a Texans QB has got to realize this.
Old 11-03-2008   #31
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Sage is determined not to be hurt, because he wants to stay out there and win that starting job.

Schaub is constantly worried about getting hit, becuase he doesn't want to be injured and lose the starting job.
This is right as far as it goes. Truth is, Matt will never be the starting QB for long. Sage--well, when he's good he's very very good, and when he's bad he's . . . awful. He's one step from being a top notch QB, but I don't know if he can take that step. Seems he's been at it a long time and maybe ought to have more . . . restraint-when-necessary. Trouble is, the reason he's terrific when he's on is that he has no restraint, he always thinks he's going to win with this throw. The intercept in/near the end zone yesterday a good example--why throw that ball?
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #32
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I think that people are overthinking.

Schaub got busted in the side of the knee. Stuff happens....Orton, Brady, etc.
True, the injury is real, I dont want him to keep on fighting while limping around the field.

That being said (in reference to other posts, not yours TC), the 'deer in the headlights' comment were in reference to other hits Schaub has taken during his time here, not specifically the hit(s) that caused the injury.
Old 11-03-2008   #33
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Good grief!

I love how there's all these technicalities for Schaub.

This is bordering upon David Carr II for crying out loud.

Matt Schaub, for whatever reason (genetics, bad luck, whatever), cannot stay on the field. two years in a row that the guy can't play.

I don't care WHAT caused the injury or WHEN it happened. It continues to happen. Bad oline has been mentioned today. Every oline is going to allow a sack, or allow the QB to get touched at some point. Every oline, OK?

That's where the Anointed Matt Schaub Is QB King crowd goes next: It's the oline's fault. Bank on it. That's where this is headed.

We have to find a QB who can get the ball out of his hand without getting it picked off, without getting hurt, and that means even if the drive stalls due to throwing it away. At some point, a Texans QB has got to realize this.
Just saying that you don't need to bend the truth just to prove your point. You said that that he was shaky way before he was hurt, I just pointed out that you were false because he was hurt on the very first drive, Ok? I'm not going to say that it's all the O-line fault, but anyone who thinks they shouldn't share some of the blame clearly didn't watch the game. We've got bigger problems than just QB,and yes one of those areas is the O-line.

I understand every QB is going to take hits, but he's getting absolutely hammered back there whenever we play a good defense; Pitt, Tenn, Mia, Minn, you name it. Against each of those teams we allowed over 3 sacks. So let's see, you expect Schaub to play consistently well against good teams , but you don't hold the O-line to the same accountability?
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #34
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
True, the injury is real, I dont want him to keep on fighting while limping around the field.

That being said (in reference to other posts, not yours TC), the 'deer in the headlights' comment were in reference to other hits Schaub has taken during his time here, not specifically the hit(s) that caused the injury.
Yes, the past hit(s) were described as being hits that would cripple even Superman himself.

There's just always excuses for Matt Schaub. It's this stat and that (He didn't have AJ like Sage did), and he got hit here and there, and the oline, and the running game isn't working.

The guy called all the Texans players on the roster when he first got into town, he holds team BBQs, and he squashes the Bengals. Neat-o!
Old 11-03-2008   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

A suggestion of protective wear if Schaub is to revive his career and remain in tact.

CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #36
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
A suggestion of protective wear if Schaub is to revive his career and remain in tact.

Is that kid a free agent, he looks real buff to me, lets give him a shot?!
Old 11-03-2008   #37
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 775 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
You know I was talking about Detroit and Cincy. And if you're calling a win over Miami a huge success, then you have low expectations my friend.
The Miami Dolphins defeated New England, San Diego, Buffalo and Denver. Not an easy task. The Fins are no pushover...yet the Texans offense lit them up DESPITE the pressure and hits on Schaub.

The Detroit Lions almost beat the Redskins and the Bears in Chi-town. The Texans handled the Lions easily until the defense had a brain fart but were never in danger of losing the game.

The Cincy Bengals almost beat the Redskins, took the Giants to OT and held Tony Romo to 179 yards passing and two turnovers. And the tough Jags were supposed to beat the Bungles...and didn't. Matt Schaub and the Texans were super efficient against Cincinnati.

Those were quallity wins by the Texans, doing what they were supposed to do.

Matt Schaub held up despite vicious hits by the Titans, Steelers and the Dolphins. He gets no credit for that? Jared Allen just put a nasty hit on the knees. That's it. Nothing to do with being brittle. Romo and Brady got taken out well before Schaub did. Then there's Kyle Orton. This is just a nasty NFL season for injuries.

The fact is, Schaub isn't as athletic as Favre, Romo, John Elway or even Warren Moon to evade pressure. Schaub doesn't have the super offensive lines that protected less than flight-footed Manning, Marino and Dan Fouts. (But Schaub could use some evasion tactics from Marino.)

The Texans need to get simply get that running game to be even more than it is despite showing improvement over last season. They need to find a way to pound away and get decent yards against the physical teams...keep the pressure off Schaub. If the Texans can get a Chuck Muncie the way the Chargers used him to help keep pressure off Fouts...that WILL BE a GREAT help. As it is, there a need to complement Slaton.

Schaub is very productive and sharp when they protect him from the dogs. And that's why the Texans need to really strengthen the running game in order to alleviate pressure on the potent passing game. We now see that the Texans offensive line is a finesse zone-blocking one that better produce the run more effectively since it is not one for big, burly pass protection.
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #38
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Yeah, the team has Sage Rosenfels. But like a mini spare tire, Rosenfels should come with a warning: for short-term, emergency use only.
From a lot of accounts, we could have traded this guy for a mid-level draft pick last off season. It now seems that would have been a good decision since it appears the Texans are still in building mode and need draft picks.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #39
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I kept yelling at the screen at home. Good thing the gf wasn't home
Just out of curiosity Mallory, when you are doing that is it in Danish or English? You write so well in English I just thought you might cuss pretty well in it also.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #40
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13708 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

The roach is a retard why do you think he gets moved around from gig to gig at the worst newspaper in the country. I wouldn't believe anything he says.
texanhead08 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read