Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2008   #1
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Baltimore Ravens

As stout as the Vikes D is its not like it get any easier next week. Lewis and the Ravens D are fast and aggressive and will behead whichever QB starts next week, I hope the home field provides some spark or it could get ugly!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Baltimore RAvens

Luckily I'm not really scared of anyone on the Ravens offense
Old 11-02-2008   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Their high pressure 3-4 is about the worst matchup the Texans could have. This is a real gut check for the o-line and the QB.

I wonder if someone besides Sage and an injured Schuab will be on the active roster this time.
Old 11-02-2008   #4
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't expect the home crowd to be too enthusiastic either. Expect ho hum cheering and booing once the going gets rough, no matter the QB.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
says the man who sits in section 635 row G.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
says the man who sits in section 635 row G.
I'm hiding in Virginia. Total safety
Old 11-02-2008   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Baltimore Ravens

Yeah we are pretty much screwed

the only thing we can do now is let sage start the game and let him gun sling it no more short passes and screens and slants straight Cruise Missile to AJ in Double Cov all day long and hope for the best ............. maybe if we can score 40 points on them we can win

or better yet lets just follow the same game plan the colts used 2 weeks ago aganist balty
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2008   #8
UK_Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 21 UK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performer

This is a must win game for us, considering Jags are playing the lions we need to stay with them then hopefully beat them when the time comes.
UK_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #9
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Their last 3 games they have scored 27, 29, and 37. They have a decent offense.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Flacco is a very capable man until someone pulls down his pants and proves otherwise.

We are possibly in for a very ugly game.
Old 11-03-2008   #11
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
I don't expect the home crowd to be too enthusiastic either. Expect ho hum cheering and booing once the going gets rough, no matter the QB.
they'll just turn up the volume on the piped in crowd noise.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect the Ravens 3-4 defense to confuse whichever QB is out there. I expect that same defense to physically dominate or even intimidate many of the Texans offensive players. I don't expect the Texans defense to then step up and carry the team.

I expect it to be an ugly loss for the Texans for those reasons.
Old 11-03-2008   #13
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys, they almost lost to the Browns this week. There is hope. Also we are at home and as everyone knows that changes everything.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 241209 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Guys, they almost lost to the Browns this week. There is hope. Also we are at home and as everyone knows that changes everything.
We would lose miserably to the Browns right now. They have a better defense than most people realize, and our defense would be just the tonic they need to put up 40.

We're at home, so we have a better chance against BAL, but our best hope is to get after the young QB. If that doesn't happen, we're probably screwed.
Old 11-03-2008   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now we are 3-5, the way I'm seeing it is we are 3-8 before meeting the Jaguars next, and then it won't matter. I'm not very confident about this team beating anyone except for the likes of Lions and Bengals.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
I'm not basing my evaluation on "hope".
Old 11-03-2008   #17
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
We would lose miserably to the Browns right now. They have a better defense than most people realize, and our defense would be just the tonic they need to put up 40.

We're at home, so we have a better chance against BAL, but our best hope is to get after the young QB. If that doesn't happen, we're probably screwed.
I agree with you but I do not think in any way we would get KILLED by the Browns, we always beat the browns first off and also while we might have five losses we have only got killed once. I think a game against the browns could go either way very easily.
Old 11-03-2008   #18
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I'm not basing my evaluation on "hope".

We know that by now.
Old 11-03-2008   #19
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
I agree with you but I do not think in any way we would get KILLED by the Browns, we always beat the browns first off and also while we might have five losses we have only got killed once. I think a game against the browns could go either way very easily.
What? Taken from Houstontexans.com -

Quote:
The Texans and Browns will face off for the sixth time this season. Houston has played Cleveland more than any non-AFC South opponent. Cleveland leads the series, 3-2.
That doesn't seem like "We always beat the Browns" to me. The biggest issue to me is that our QBs are really turnover prone. Both of them. Against teams like the Bengals at home sure we can look good. But we are a mediocre team that is not going to be consistent at all. The kneejerk reaction to yesterday has me thinking the Texans will go 3-8 and then maybe 5-11 to end the season. I am hoping I am wrong, but my dreams of 9-7 are gone for good.
Old 11-03-2008   #20
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3744 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, it's been a while, fellas! Ever since good ol' Ike blew through! But finally the Ravens and the Texans are ready to play football!

Personally, I wish we still had the bye this week, but you can't always get what you want. The Ravens first MNF game in their history was scheduled for Monday, Septmber 17, 2001. But that game was postponed due to 9/11. Maybe we're bad luck!

No matter. You gotta play 'em as they come. Here's looking towards a hard-fought game. One suggestion: tell your HC NOT to run the ball. Why Romeo couldn't figure that one out is beyond me!
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read