Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2008   #21
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Midway Point.

well its wk8 and we know alot about how are team is shaping up thats for sure
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #22
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
7-9 / 8-8 season, draft Tim Tebow with our mid-first pick.
Tebow??? Yuck, that would be a wasted pick. IMO, the best pro QB prospect in the country won't be coming out this year. His name - Jimmy Clausen.

On the Texans, I see..hmmm, 8-8 maybe. If the offense can ever stop turning the damn ball over, I can see a definite 8-8 with a 9-7 possibility.
Old 11-03-2008   #23
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

6-10

Richard Smith replaced in offseason. Texans don't have to look far for his replacement. Next year we take that big jump we've been waiting for forever, but we will still be a first round loser. Kubiak is learning on the job, but he is learning well.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #24
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Until the Texans prove they can beat someone else other than crappy teams, they aren't getting anywhere near the playoffs.

Not only that, beating someone other than crappy teams on the road.

Only THREE TIMES in Texans history have they beat a team that ended the season with a winning record, on the road.

Jacksonville - '04
Miami - '03
Pittsburgh - '02 (the 45 yards of offense game)

THAT'S IT!!!

This football team on the road is a flat out embarrassment and they're not taking any steps toward being a playoff contender until they start winning road games, and not just against the bad teams.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #25
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
This post reminds me of Cowboy fans.
I just gave up halfway through...
Old 11-03-2008   #26
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Only THREE TIMES in Texans history have they beat a team that ended the season with a winning record, on the road.
wow....did not know that...probably didn't need to know that...

This team has more negative milestones than positive ones...probably like a 10 to 1 ratio or something crazy.
Old 11-03-2008   #27
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

At the midway point, I am now seeing the Texans at 6-10 for the year. The three games they win are Jaguars and Bears at home and Oakland on the road.

The offense is a good RB (to compliment Slaton) and a few linemen short of being able to really force their will on good defenses. Neither Schaub or Rosencopter will ever be elite QBs, but they are both good enough to get us there IF they have a decent surrounding cast.

As to the defense, jeeezzzzzz......., where does one start? Both a lack of players and good coaching are the problems. If Richard Smith is back next year as DC, I'm gonna throw a serious tantrum on this BBS. From the line to the safties there are hugh holes in the talent level on our defense. Don't look for that to get fixed in one offseason.

I hate to say this, but I don't think playoffs are in our picture until the 2010 season. I don't think all this will get fixed in the upcoming off season. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2008   #28
UK_Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 21 UK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performer

Being optimistic i would like to see us finish on par with last season 8-8, beating Ravens, Browns, Jags, Raiders and bears.

That wouldnt be to bad, but dont think ill bet my house on that yet
UK_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #29
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm living the Texans nightmare in our very own Texanstalk FFL. every week it seems like something new & unexpected happens. not unlike the Texans season at all, 3-5 til this week now 4-5. I still feel a winning record is possible & sneaking into the winners bracket an outside chance
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read