Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2008   #1
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10689 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Midway Point.

We are 3-5 and 2 games out of the playoffs

Did we expect much more? Especially after an 0-4 start?

What will we do in the second have?

I expected us to be 4-4 and about 2 games back from the playoffs.

I see us going either 5-3 or 6-2 the remainder of the season, still a far hope for the playoffs but how the AFC is this year, who knows.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Midway Point.

I expect the Texans to be home for the playoffs. Again. But, I'm willing to be proven wrong.
Old 11-02-2008   #3
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I will still remain consitant even though I am gonna take a pounding on this one. (even though I said it when everyone was predicting 11-5 or 13-3)

10-6 until proven otherwise. ( hey I got two more losses, any one for a 7 game win streak????)
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

8-8, outside shot at 9-7.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

PLAYOFFS !!!! playoffs !!! are u kidding me playoffs !!!!

the dream ended we are not going to the playoffs

The jets get there biznass done they want to go to the WC Spot

U got to look at the PAts deff the Bills Balty dont forget the colts and chargers thoes are teams with WC spots not us

i see the season going u know week by week with sage giving us some winz
and loses

nothing to write history about what we should be doing is FIREING People and moving players around starting rookies but Capers is to conservite to do stuff like that during the season

i might even consider more losses then winz so we can get a good Draft pick yes i said it are season is OVER !!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
This post reminds me of Cowboy fans.
Old 11-02-2008   #7
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10689 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

hahaha exactly.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2008   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I hate the cowgirls with a passion dude iam no Cowboys fan

infact i hate the entire city of Dallas
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I expected a 10-6 season, but I expected the Texans to beat Indy at home, too. The Texans have shown me that, except for QBs who keep turning over the ball, they are at that point where they have become a decent team. An average team. Not a good team or a play-off team.

I expect two unfortunate things will factor into the team's troubles over the second half of the season: 1. Those QB turnovers. 2. Injuries/fatigue - Ike will make its presence known, and I think going into the last six games, having a bye week in the second week of the season will take its toll.

7-9. Not enough to fire Kubiak, but maybe Richard Smith.
Old 11-02-2008   #10
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I hate the cowgirls with a passion dude iam no Cowboys fan

infact i hate the entire city of Dallas
Sounds like all of the guys in my family, me included...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 293364 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
We are 3-5 and 2 games out of the playoffs

Did we expect much more? Especially after an 0-4 start?

What will we do in the second have?

I expected us to be 4-4 and about 2 games back from the playoffs.

I see us going either 5-3 or 6-2 the remainder of the season, still a far hope for the playoffs but how the AFC is this year, who knows.
not really.
Still too many spots that need upgrading.
I figured somewhere in the 7-9 to 9-7 range. I'm sticking with that. We'll need to win out at home - doable, and find a way to win a couple on the road - questionable.

DeMeco needs to sit out a game and get healthy. I'm not sure if he's as effective as he needs to be playing on a bum wheel. And he could be doing permanent damage.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #12
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

fighting chance at 8-8
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #13
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought this year we may take a step backwards in order to take 2 steps foward next year. This defense is too bad to be a playoff team. The offense has to be perfect and we know with how turnover prone we can be thats not possible.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Until the Texans prove they can beat someone else other than crappy teams, they aren't getting anywhere near the playoffs.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #15
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

7-9 / 8-8 season, draft Tim Tebow with our mid-first pick.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #16
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I expected it to be tough early because of our achedule and the strength of the AFC South. The worst part to me is the AFC South is not near as tough as we all thought it would be coming into this year. TN is playing mistake free hard nose football but Indy and Jacksonville have major issue and are games we could have won. Hell the Jags lost to Cincy today after we ripped them apart last week. Its a damn shame we keep making so many mistakes and losing games we should win because we could be in sole position of second in the AFC south and in great position in the wildcard. Oh well what ifs dont count!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #17
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys, our team is simply unpredictable, which makes us perfect to be .....

To be serious though, 7-9 is reasonable (and it's a better step back than going from 7-9 to 2-14). 8-8 is assuming we get our stuff together.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think most of the board had the Texans over .500 due to constantly improving under Kubiak. Some changed to less than that after the 0-4 start of the season. During pre-season though the main damper to play-off talk was generally how tough the division would be. Projections didn't meet reality in a number of ways.

It is too bad the Texans haven't been able to capitalize on unexpectedly weak divisional play.
Old 11-02-2008   #19
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I really expected us to beat the Vikings. Especially after winning 3 in a row and doing something that good teams are supposed to do -- pound a bad opponent.

I think the hammer needs to come down soon. If our QBs continue to turn over the ball, we need to start looking for someone who will protect better.

I was hopeful at the beginning of the season for a 10-6, especially with the weak schedule we were playing. I think 8-8 will be the best we can do though
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #20
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense sucks, 9-7 at best, 6-10 at worst

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read