Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Problem #1) We give games away!

gtexan02

Working?
"So many missed opportunities"

How many times have you said this after a Texans loss?

Its too much to watch :(

I do not watch Texans games anymore. Not after the Indy game.

The way I see it, I have suffered enough in 6 + years of crappy football, and the Indy game was the last straw.

The Texans owe the fans a kick ass victory, and until we get it, I am not watching them play.

yup, i kept hearing mike singletary. "we're not a charity! we cannot give them the game!" that's atleast 2 losses now that have been gift-wrapped.

The Texans owe the fans a kick ass victory, and until we get it, I am not watching them play.

How will you be able to watch them get a "kick ass victory" unless you're watching them play? Check your DVR and watch the Bengals game from last week.

The Texans didn't give the game away. The Vikings played better. Kicking the Bengals' collective butt was a feel good moment, but not an indicator of where the team is. This game is more like the Texans, because they often play this way.

Fans think the very best game their team plays is how good they are and anything less is giving it away. I don't think that is true. The Texans play up and down but hover around average now. That is what they are.

Our QBs turning the ball over has been THE most important aspect of why our record what it is today. Period.

diagree, the texans gave it away with the turnovers as USUAL

Sometimes the other team is better. If fans want to claim losses are all because of player and coach incompetence...I don't know. The team is even more pathetic if that is the case.

The Texans didn't give the game away. The Vikings played better. Kicking the Bengals' collective butt was a feel good moment, but not an indicator of where the team is. This game is more like the Texans, because they often play this way.

Fans think the very best game their team plays is how good they are and anything less is giving it away. I don't think that is true. The Texans play up and down but hover around average now. That is what they are.

Two turnovers in the red zone = giving the game away.

Two turnovers in the red zone = giving the game away.

That's your definition anyway.

I guess I can accept it if it is NOT then used to spin that the Texans are play-off caliber or "elite" since they never really get beat by other teams.

They are 3-5, not 6-2 because they never really "got beat".

Yeah, I gotta agree the turnovers didn't help at all.......I mean they only lost by 7 points and they gave the ball up inside the endzone twice.

Anyways, do any of y'all ever just sit and count the points we leave off the board....whether it be TO's in the endzone, TOs in the redzone, or failed 4th down attempts in the redzone.

I haven't written it all down, but I'm pretty damn confident that Houston would be challenging for the #1 scoring offense in the league if they could just protect the ball when they get down there....that's what's really costing us games, well besides the pass defense.

That's your definition anyway.

I guess I can accept it if it is NOT then used to spin that the Texans are play-off caliber or "elite" since they never really get beat by other teams.

They are 3-5, not 6-2 because they never really "got beat".

I don't think anybody is trying to "live in denial" here.....we're just stating facts, when you turn the ball over in the endzone or redzone in games that you're barely losing it's going to cost you football games. Houston has been shooting themselves in the foot all season..leaving points off the board all season.

We probably would be atleast a .500 football team if this team could just protect the damn ball. The TO differential is crazy and that's what is going to lose you ball games in this league.

Your avatar sums the team up well by the way.......think of the top of that hill as the endzone.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody is trying to "live in denial" here.....

Really? Did you see the predictions for play-offs and finishing the season without another loss after beating the Bengals like a drum? I took a lot of grief for not buying into that vision. :)

we're just stating facts,

The fact I am stating is that the other teams deserve credit for beating the Texans.

Theres a difference in losing because the other team is superior and losing because of your own stupid mistakes. Both result in a loss, and both mean that you were the worse team on sunday. But IMO today WE lost the game, the Vikings didn't win the game.

Schaub underthrows a WIDE open Vonta Leach on a surefire TD AND it results in an INT. Something was going on with Schaub, bc thats a throw I could have made

Fred Bennet drops an INT that hits him in the hands, chest, and then hands again when no one is near him. He has a clear route to the end zone. Thats a catch anyone should make

Sage's throw into double coverage was questionable, but a good play by the Vikings. The other two had nothing to do with the Vikes

Anyway, today's game could be seen either way. The Vikes did play a great game, and so they do dserve credit. The Colts was on us completely

Really? Did you see the predictions for play-offs and finishing the season without another loss after beating the Bengals like a drum? I took a lot of grief for not buying into that vision. :)

Trust me I wasn't one of those people.......I was at the Detroit game where they almost gave up a 21-0 lead to a 0-6 Lions team.

The fact I am stating is that the other teams deserve credit for beating the Texans.

Yes they do, they have done a good job at forcing and capitalizing on Houston's TOs, but Houston still needs to learn how to protect the ball, especially in the redzone.

Theres a difference in losing because the other team is superior and losing because of your own stupid mistakes. Both result in a loss, and both mean that you were the worse team on sunday. But IMO today WE lost the game, the Vikings didn't win the game.

Schaub underthrows a WIDE open Vonta Leach on a surefire TD AND it results in an INT. Something was going on with Schaub, bc thats a throw I could have made

Fred Bennet drops an INT that hits him in the hands, chest, and then hands again when no one is near him. He has a clear route to the end zone. Thats a catch anyone should make

Sage's throw into double coverage was questionable, but a good play by the Vikings. The other two had nothing to do with the Vikes

Anyway, today's game could be seen either way. The Vikes did play a great game, and so they do dserve credit. The Colts was on us completely

I wouldn't say the Vikes didn't win the game.......it's a little of both. Houston lost the game, but the Vikes still won it. They took advantage of ( Jacque) every opportunity that was given to them........unlike Bennett on that easy pick 6.

Vikings took advantage of game changing plays....Houston had a couple plays (also remember the big drop on the first drive by AJ) and did not.

Last edited:
"So many missed opportunities"

How many times have you said this after a Texans loss?

Its too much to watch :(

You mean generally outplaying teams and then doing crap like failing to run out the clock by turning the ball over, or redzone/endzone turnovers?

Enough of them already.

Sometimes the other guys are just BETTER.
We don't have an Adrian Peterson. They have him AND Chester Taylor who was fairly decent before AP showed up.
All we have is Steve Slaton.

We don't have a front four equal to Minnesota's. I warned folks that those Williams boys plus Jared Allen would be too much for our O-line to handle all day. They were. Its not just us. They're second in the league against the run. And that's not just this year, they finished first against the run in '07 and '06.
All we have is Mario and a gimpy DeMeco.

And when you say we gave them turnovers; think about that. The DB still has to make the play. Bennett had a chance to make a play and didn't come through. Their DB came through.

Did you hear the announcers when they pointed out that our "vaunted defense" has allowed 16 touchdowns out of 19 redzone opportunities. And that was coming into today's game. Bottom Line: We can't stop anybody.

Yeah, I hate it when we lose. But the hard truth is we still have significant pieces missing. We're still learning how to win. That winning-on-the-road lesson I mentioned in another thread has yet to take hold.

The good news, IMHO, is we're making progress.

Back