Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2008   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Problem #1) We give games away!

"So many missed opportunities"

How many times have you said this after a Texans loss?

Its too much to watch
Old 11-02-2008   #2
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Problem #1) We give games away!

I do not watch Texans games anymore. Not after the Indy game.

The way I see it, I have suffered enough in 6 + years of crappy football, and the Indy game was the last straw.

The Texans owe the fans a kick ass victory, and until we get it, I am not watching them play.
Old 11-02-2008   #3
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

That's what I thought throughout the game. So many wasted opporunities to take control of the game.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

yup, i kept hearing mike singletary. "we're not a charity! we cannot give them the game!" that's atleast 2 losses now that have been gift-wrapped.
Old 11-02-2008   #5
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
The Texans owe the fans a kick ass victory, and until we get it, I am not watching them play.
How will you be able to watch them get a "kick ass victory" unless you're watching them play? Check your DVR and watch the Bengals game from last week.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans didn't give the game away. The Vikings played better. Kicking the Bengals' collective butt was a feel good moment, but not an indicator of where the team is. This game is more like the Texans, because they often play this way.

Fans think the very best game their team plays is how good they are and anything less is giving it away. I don't think that is true. The Texans play up and down but hover around average now. That is what they are.
Old 11-02-2008   #7
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

diagree, the texans gave it away with the turnovers as USUAL
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2008   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Our QBs turning the ball over has been THE most important aspect of why our record what it is today. Period.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #9
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya the Texans gave it away with Turnovers.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
diagree, the texans gave it away with the turnovers as USUAL
Sometimes the other team is better. If fans want to claim losses are all because of player and coach incompetence...I don't know. The team is even more pathetic if that is the case.
Old 11-02-2008   #11
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
The Texans didn't give the game away. The Vikings played better. Kicking the Bengals' collective butt was a feel good moment, but not an indicator of where the team is. This game is more like the Texans, because they often play this way.

Fans think the very best game their team plays is how good they are and anything less is giving it away. I don't think that is true. The Texans play up and down but hover around average now. That is what they are.
Two turnovers in the red zone = giving the game away.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Two turnovers in the red zone = giving the game away.
That's your definition anyway.

I guess I can accept it if it is NOT then used to spin that the Texans are play-off caliber or "elite" since they never really get beat by other teams.

They are 3-5, not 6-2 because they never really "got beat".
Old 11-02-2008   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I gotta agree the turnovers didn't help at all.......I mean they only lost by 7 points and they gave the ball up inside the endzone twice.

Anyways, do any of y'all ever just sit and count the points we leave off the board....whether it be TO's in the endzone, TOs in the redzone, or failed 4th down attempts in the redzone.

I haven't written it all down, but I'm pretty damn confident that Houston would be challenging for the #1 scoring offense in the league if they could just protect the ball when they get down there....that's what's really costing us games, well besides the pass defense.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's your definition anyway.

I guess I can accept it if it is NOT then used to spin that the Texans are play-off caliber or "elite" since they never really get beat by other teams.

They are 3-5, not 6-2 because they never really "got beat".
I don't think anybody is trying to "live in denial" here.....we're just stating facts, when you turn the ball over in the endzone or redzone in games that you're barely losing it's going to cost you football games. Houston has been shooting themselves in the foot all season..leaving points off the board all season.

We probably would be atleast a .500 football team if this team could just protect the damn ball. The TO differential is crazy and that's what is going to lose you ball games in this league.

Your avatar sums the team up well by the way.......think of the top of that hill as the endzone.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-02-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-02-2008   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I don't think anybody is trying to "live in denial" here.....
Really? Did you see the predictions for play-offs and finishing the season without another loss after beating the Bengals like a drum? I took a lot of grief for not buying into that vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
we're just stating facts,
The fact I am stating is that the other teams deserve credit for beating the Texans.
Old 11-02-2008   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Theres a difference in losing because the other team is superior and losing because of your own stupid mistakes. Both result in a loss, and both mean that you were the worse team on sunday. But IMO today WE lost the game, the Vikings didn't win the game.

Schaub underthrows a WIDE open Vonta Leach on a surefire TD AND it results in an INT. Something was going on with Schaub, bc thats a throw I could have made

Fred Bennet drops an INT that hits him in the hands, chest, and then hands again when no one is near him. He has a clear route to the end zone. Thats a catch anyone should make

Sage's throw into double coverage was questionable, but a good play by the Vikings. The other two had nothing to do with the Vikes

Anyway, today's game could be seen either way. The Vikes did play a great game, and so they do dserve credit. The Colts was on us completely
Old 11-02-2008   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Really? Did you see the predictions for play-offs and finishing the season without another loss after beating the Bengals like a drum? I took a lot of grief for not buying into that vision.
Trust me I wasn't one of those people.......I was at the Detroit game where they almost gave up a 21-0 lead to a 0-6 Lions team.

Quote:
The fact I am stating is that the other teams deserve credit for beating the Texans.
Yes they do, they have done a good job at forcing and capitalizing on Houston's TOs, but Houston still needs to learn how to protect the ball, especially in the redzone.

- Edmund Burke
Old 11-02-2008   #18
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Theres a difference in losing because the other team is superior and losing because of your own stupid mistakes. Both result in a loss, and both mean that you were the worse team on sunday. But IMO today WE lost the game, the Vikings didn't win the game.

Schaub underthrows a WIDE open Vonta Leach on a surefire TD AND it results in an INT. Something was going on with Schaub, bc thats a throw I could have made

Fred Bennet drops an INT that hits him in the hands, chest, and then hands again when no one is near him. He has a clear route to the end zone. Thats a catch anyone should make

Sage's throw into double coverage was questionable, but a good play by the Vikings. The other two had nothing to do with the Vikes

Anyway, today's game could be seen either way. The Vikes did play a great game, and so they do dserve credit. The Colts was on us completely
I wouldn't say the Vikes didn't win the game.......it's a little of both. Houston lost the game, but the Vikes still won it. They took advantage of ( Jacque) every opportunity that was given to them........unlike Bennett on that easy pick 6.

Vikings took advantage of game changing plays....Houston had a couple plays (also remember the big drop on the first drive by AJ) and did not.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-02-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-02-2008   #19
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it funny on HT.com they have Reeves listed as player of the game.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Problem #1) We give games away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
"So many missed opportunities"

How many times have you said this after a Texans loss?

Its too much to watch
You mean generally outplaying teams and then doing crap like failing to run out the clock by turning the ball over, or redzone/endzone turnovers?

Enough of them already.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read