Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2008   #101
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak needs to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Here We Go. Classic Knee jerk reaction thread. Richard Smith Needs to go but not Gary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Sounds good to me, the offense isn't the problem.....our defense just sucks.

Infact I would've already fired Richard Smith so we can be ahead of the pack when looking for a Dcoordinator next season.
I dont think Smith has done that bad the last few weeks. AD didnt do all that well till the 4th quarter. His players made some awful plays, but I dont think he called a bad game.
Old 11-03-2008   #102
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Don't agree.

We would get a punt return, so Jacoby becomes a potential factor.

The onside kick, failing, sealed the deal.
I agree. There was obviously plenty of time to force a three and out. They would have to punt, possibly short, or big return from Jacoby, then medium to short field to get a TD. Onside was a risky move that ended up not paying off.

Im not giving up on Kubiak. I like him as a HC and think he will keep getting better.

***Unless Bill Cowher wants to coach for us, then sorry Gary. :P
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #103
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

What makes anyone think they would punt the ball to Jacoby for an opportunity to return it?
Old 11-03-2008   #104
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

The only pproblem I had with kubes sunday was the last decision. In being fair, Cleveland had a similar situation earlier and romeeo was dogged. I thought at the time and "feel" of the game and the success rate of the onside kick vs forcing 3 and out, they should have kicked deep. If thekick deep, maybe even into the ennd zone, they going to play very close to the vest. Its going to be 3 runs and a punt. jones gets a chance for a return. With 1 min and som change and 50 yds to go, vs 90 yds inceases ur chances. With that said, the 2 picks made no sense and couldve been fg or td's. That wasn't kubes fault.
Old 11-03-2008   #105
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't agree.

doesnt matter that they would of been able to take an extra 45 sec off the clock?

vickings were playing good on special teams even if they didnt kick it out of bounds he hadnt did anything all day. i would rather have the onside chance plus the extra time than a punt return.

but thats not even the main point, the point is that when your calling for a guys job you dont use stupid stuff like this as your reason. the guy isnt making obvious wrong in game decisions. hes making normal decisions that of course everyone doesn't agree with. if you watch any nfl game your gonna see some decisions you dont agree with.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #106
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What makes anyone think they would punt the ball to Jacoby for an opportunity to return it?
They shook their magic eight ball and got the out come ....

Old 11-03-2008   #107
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I agree. There was obviously plenty of time to force a three and out. They would have to punt, possibly short, or big return from Jacoby, then medium to short field to get a TD. Onside was a risky move that ended up not paying off.

Im not giving up on Kubiak. I like him as a HC and think he will keep getting better.

***Unless Bill Cowher wants to coach for us, then sorry Gary. :P
you guys dont understand. we barely forced them to run their 3rd down play before the 2 min warning. the extra time a kickoff takes would of probably made it where they could of run the clock down to 2 minutes before running their 3rd down play. then after the 2 min warning they get to run 45 more seconds off the clock. it would of changed the whold complexion of the end of the game. instead of having 2 min left when we got the ball we would of had around 1min. the onside kick was the only real option.

and Brown doesnt get a lot of touchbacks so that wasnt gonna happen either.
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2008   #108
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Don't agree.

doesnt matter that they would of been able to take an extra 45 sec off the clock?

vickings were playing good on special teams even if they didnt kick it out of bounds he hadnt did anything all day. i would rather have the onside chance plus the extra time than a punt return.

but thats not even the main point, the point is that when your calling for a guys job you dont use stupid stuff like this as your reason. the guy isnt making obvious wrong in game decisions. hes making normal decisions that of course everyone doesn't agree with. if you watch any nfl game your gonna see some decisions you dont agree with.
Old 11-03-2008   #109
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
The only pproblem I had with kubes sunday was the last decision. In being fair, Cleveland had a similar situation earlier and romeeo was dogged. I thought at the time and "feel" of the game and the success rate of the onside kick vs forcing 3 and out, they should have kicked deep. If thekick deep, maybe even into the ennd zone, they going to play very close to the vest. Its going to be 3 runs and a punt. jones gets a chance for a return. With 1 min and som change and 50 yds to go, vs 90 yds inceases ur chances. With that said, the 2 picks made no sense and couldve been fg or td's. That wasn't kubes fault.
Markbeth: See the above post, which explains my reasoning.

It would have been run-run-run-punt. Short(er) field.

Handing the ball to the Vikings near mid-field gave them breathing room.

I do agree with you on one point: That it's easy for us to say we'd have done it another way, but the coach is making the call in a very short amount of time. He doesn't have the time that we have. I just want to see Schaub or Sage perform well under pressure, and pull out the W when the final whistle blows. I'd like Kubiak to do the same thing on his end.

The Dolphins game was an example of doing such a thing, but those sorts of endings are rare for us.
Old 11-03-2008   #110
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Sue Everybody!!
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #111
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Markbeth: See the above post, which explains my reasoning.

It would have been run-run-run-punt. Short(er) field.

Handing the ball to the Vikings near mid-field gave them breathing room.

I do agree with you on one point: That it's easy for us to say we'd have done it another way, but the coach is making the call in a very short amount of time. He doesn't have the time that we have. I just want to see Schaub or Sage perform well under pressure, and pull out the W when the final whistle blows. I'd like Kubiak to do the same thing on his end.

The Dolphins game was an example of doing such a thing, but those sorts of endings are rare for us.
With our run D you think that is a guarantee?
Old 11-03-2008   #112
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
With our run D you think that is a guarantee?
I think he might have meant run-run-run-extra point.
Old 11-03-2008   #113
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Nothing is 100% for sure, that's why these guys play %. The chart and the coach says they're going to play it safe. Most times with a lead, the running game and on the 20 with a defense says they will run it out and punt. If the kicker kicks it deep enough, it could be a touch back and no tim hardly expires. Now they're at their 20 with 250and the opponet has 1 to plus the warning. On the possession before the punt, they gained 6 yds and had to punt. If the punter does boom one, you're still looking at the 30--35 yd line vs the 7 or so. I'm not going to play arm chair qb, but it does kinda come into question. What the fans need to relialize is this is a team moving forward in the right direction. The once pittiful running game is solid. The team ws cap strapped now ithas room. The roster is better and is young. If the coach is fired, its a start over. The titans,steelers, colts,eagles, and a few others are a examples of stability.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read