Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2008   #81
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak needs to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
There are few players from the previous regime left on the team. The current staff has its fingerprints all over the roster as constituted. Continuing to pass the blame back due to cap issues may help the fans feel better about the current staff, but may be glossing over more current issues.
True but the fasct we need players at so many positions is a reflection of past mistakes. Weaver at end hurts the pass rush, Greenwood lacks the speed we need outside. The mistakes we made in the secondary with PBuc etc are just some examples. We need to make some good free agent pick ups but just spending big for the highest priced FA does not always work. Look at SF they spent all that money in their secondary and their defense got worse. I would like to get a FA safty and LB and get the pass rusher in the mid rounds of the draft who does nothing but rush the passer.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #82
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #83
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems to me like the Texans have a lot of things to fix. I think we were all excited about the way the team was playing and our first 3 in a row. But I think we need to face facts that in games where we are evenly matched (we were at least by record coming in) we lose because we make stupid mistakes. I can't blame that on the coaching staff.

I agree that our D coaching has been awful this season. It seems like it's getting better, but our D is still nothing to write home about. Our O line was unprepared for this game though. We didn't really make adjustments to help protect the passer. I think the offense will be fine from a coaching standpoint, but our D coord needs to get run out of town.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #84
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiaks speciality is the passing game, reason why he sought Gibbs out this off-season to work with the OL & improve the running game. so far so good but its still a work in progress. we need to invest picks early @ Rb too. just look @ the only unbeaten - Tennessee, they used #2 on LenDale White (06) Chris Henry (07) & #1 Chris Johnson (08). looks pretty good so far, something for the Texans to follow since you know they would like to really improve the running game & cut down on their turnovers
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #85
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
True but the fasct we need players at so many positions is a reflection of past mistakes. Weaver at end hurts the pass rush, Greenwood lacks the speed we need outside. The mistakes we made in the secondary with PBuc etc are just some examples. We need to make some good free agent pick ups but just spending big for the highest priced FA does not always work. Look at SF they spent all that money in their secondary and their defense got worse. I would like to get a FA safty and LB and get the pass rusher in the mid rounds of the draft who does nothing but rush the passer.
There have been teams that have faced similar issues and turned their fortunes around relatively quickly. Of course, there have been other teams that face the same issues and take a long time to rise above the occasional mediocre season.

Right now the Texans are in the latter group. Optimistic projections based on style points in a 3-5 season do not change that fact. The Texans have to get over the hump in reality before they become a legitimate contender.

The Smith/Kubiak regime bears a lot of responsibilty for that. Look at the Falcons - they are 5-3 after being horrendous last year. The year before most Texans fans were congratulating themselves for getting Schaub for a two second rounders. Schaub has been a marginal starting QB (when he is actually able to be on the field) and he has been expensive against the cap and in terms of draft picks given up. I'm not sure the Schaub trade was any better than the P-Buc trade, and Kubiak was the one that pulled that one off.
Old 11-02-2008   #86
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

My issues with Kubiak in this game are specifically allowing Schaub to play Superman, when we know that a hobbled Schaub is a turnover waiting to happen, and going with an onside kick. For a guy that has been around the game as much as him I am amazed at this lack of feel for time, score and situation.

Get rid of Hoke, get rid of Smith and get us a friggin Safety that can play outfield. The offense is fine except at Center and a fragile Schaub.

What a heartbreaking weekend of football.
Old 11-02-2008   #87
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Kubiaks speciality is the passing game, reason why he sought Gibbs out this off-season to work with the OL & improve the running game. so far so good but its still a work in progress. we need to invest picks early @ Rb too. just look @ the only unbeaten - Tennessee, they used #2 on LenDale White (06) Chris Henry (07) & #1 Chris Johnson (08). looks pretty good so far, something for the Texans to follow since you know they would like to really improve the running game & cut down on their turnovers
I'd think about hiring their OL coach as my next head coach if I were to get rid of Kubiak .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2008   #88
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
My issues with Kubiak in this game are specifically allowing Schaub to play Superman, when we know that a hobbled Schaub is a turnover waiting to happen, and going with an onside kick. For a guy that has been around the game as much as him I am amazed at this lack of feel for time, score and situation.

Get rid of Hoke, get rid of Smith and get us a friggin Safety that can play outfield. The offense is fine except at Center and a fragile Schaub.

I think in hindsight that I'd never hire a coach that plays odd ball schemes ( I'm talking about undersized OL and the sort ) . The next guy will either run that scheme or start over .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #89
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Please . . .
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #90
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Kubiak's stellar road record continues. Kubiak's stellar record against teams that don't suck continues. Kubiak's inability to manage the clock continues. Kubiak's inability to get a team fired up and ready to play at the game's opening whistle continue. Kubiak's inability to find a decent defensive coordinator continues.

Kubiak already bought himself another year with the 3 game win streak (courtesy of the worst teams in the NFL) but at some point we need to kick this loser to the curb. He isn't EVER going to lead us to a championship, so why keep the guy around. The longer we stick with the guy and his 'scheme', the more our personnel will only be suited to gimmick offenses/schemes and make our growing process under another regime that much longer.

It's not Kubiak's fault we lost the game Sunday, but he isn't the solution in Houston. It's pretty obvious. If your not the solution, your part of the problem.

If he doesn't fire that little p***y Richard Smith this week, the guy can go jump in a lake for all I care. At some point you have to make your team accountable and that includes the coaching staff. When your the least blitzing team in the league and you don't get pressure on the QB, you have to blitz. It would be nice if we could get pressure on the QB from our front four like the Vikings can....but its obvious we arent the Vikings. If something isn't working, change what the hell you are doing. Richard Smith sucks the big one and he needs to grow a freaking pair.

Oh and for all the 'Mario is GOD' people out there. Bryant Mckennie made Mario his prison girlfriend Sunday all day long. Mario was invisible just like the rest of the defensive line other than Bulman and Cochran. It looks like they are finally coming to grips that Weaver sucks balls, which is about 2 seasons too late but oh well.
Old 11-03-2008   #91
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Kubiak's stellar road record continues. Kubiak's stellar record against teams that don't suck continues. Kubiak's inability to manage the clock continues. Kubiak's inability to get a team fired up and ready to play at the game's opening whistle continue. Kubiak's inability to find a decent defensive coordinator continues.

Kubiak already bought himself another year with the 3 game win streak (courtesy of the worst teams in the NFL) but at some point we need to kick this loser to the curb. He isn't EVER going to lead us to a championship, so why keep the guy around. The longer we stick with the guy and his 'scheme', the more our personnel will only be suited to gimmick offenses/schemes and make our growing process under another regime that much longer.

It's not Kubiak's fault we lost the game Sunday, but he isn't the solution in Houston. It's pretty obvious. If your not the solution, your part of the problem.

If he doesn't fire that little p***y Richard Smith this week, the guy can go jump in a lake for all I care. At some point you have to make your team accountable and that includes the coaching staff. When your the least blitzing team in the league and you don't get pressure on the QB, you have to blitz. It would be nice if we could get pressure on the QB from our front four like the Vikings can....but its obvious we arent the Vikings. If something isn't working, change what the hell you are doing. Richard Smith sucks the big one and he needs to grow a freaking pair.

Oh and for all the 'Mario is GOD' people out there. Bryant Mckennie made Mario his prison girlfriend Sunday all day long. Mario was invisible just like the rest of the defensive line other than Bulman and Cochran. It looks like they are finally coming to grips that Weaver sucks balls, which is about 2 seasons too late but oh well.
Let's just hope these guys actually get more playing time, because I worry about this team not putting its best players on the field even after they've proven it. I've known for a long time that Cochran deserved to be out there more.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #92
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Let's just hope these guys actually get more playing time, because I worry about this team not putting its best players on the field even after they've proven it. I've known for a long time that Cochran deserved to be out there more.
agreed. tj and weaver need to ride pine the rest of the year and deserved to ride the pine last year. the fact that weaver continues to get paid is a complete travesty.
Old 11-03-2008   #93
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not for me.

GUNS UP!

LOL. When Crabtree made the catch and TD, I looked at my wife and said "There's not enough jail cells in Lubbock to hold all the drunk and disorderly Raiders fans tonight..."

Oh, boy. I think the days of UT fans/players/coaches saying "Tech has a rivalry with us, but we don't have one with them..." are over. That pretty little No. 1 team just got bumped, and got bumped by Tech nonetheless.

Sorry, Kaiser. Just had to throw a little dig in there!
Old 11-03-2008   #94
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is what worries me...isn't this the exact same conversation they had about the fake punt and the challenges wasted or not used

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6091299.html

Quote:
On a third-and-inches from the Vikings’ 18-yard-line, Rosenfels threw a pass to Kevin Walter, but it landed in the hands of Madieu Williams. The Texans were trailing by only a touchdown at the time.

No communication
“Nothing was called,” Rosenfels said after the game. “I couldn’t hear (Gary) Kubiak in the headset in my ear. And so I called the play. In hindsight, I probably should have just called a timeout. But I thought we might have something. I thought we’d get man-to-man coverage and have a couple of crossing routes. And I had Kevin Walter on that play, and I just under threw him.”

Kubiak believed the Texans had originally made the first down on the previous play. By the time the Texans heard the official say it was third-and-short, the play clock was under 15 seconds and there was no time to call a play into Rosenfels. The communication between the coaches and quarterback get turned off with 15 seconds left.

“Sage made a call, which we instruct him to do,” Kubiak said. “We give him things to go to. Hindsight is 20-20. I wish I had burnt a timeout
.”
Old 11-03-2008   #95
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
+1.
Old 11-03-2008   #96
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

going for the onside kick was the only option. the time it would of took for a kickoff return would of changed the whole complexion of the game. they would of been able to run the playclock down to the 2 min warning before 3rd down. allowing them to run the clock to around 1 min before we got the ball back. going for the onside gave us 2 chances, the kick itself pluse around 2 min instead of 1 min left in the game when we got the ball back. add to that the fact that k.brown seems to be very good at kicking the onside kick and its really a no brainer.(for a guy who's been around the game as long as him, anyway.)
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #97
UK_Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 22 UK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performerUK_Texan is a Legendary performer

Kubiak is slowly heading in the right direction IMO.

But good lord where was our secondary did they even travel to Minnesota? Just seen the limited highlights on game centre, and now understand where most of you guys were in a rant. Well done ill join the bandwagon now
UK_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #98
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm i didnt watch the game over again yet but iam pretty sure the didnt man handle Mario usually no one man handles mario one on one

He usually can push the OE back and get with in at least finger tips of the QB getting some hands in the QB face

and times is just secs away from killing a QB IMO

and if hes double he always opens holes for other guyz but they usaully dont do nothing with it other then DIles and Bulman
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #99
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
going for the onside kick was the only option. the time it would of took for a kickoff return would of changed the whole complexion of the game. they would of been able to run the playclock down to the 2 min warning before 3rd down. allowing them to run the clock to around 1 min before we got the ball back. going for the onside gave us 2 chances, the kick itself pluse around 2 min instead of 1 min left in the game when we got the ball back. add to that the fact that k.brown seems to be very good at kicking the onside kick and its really a no brainer.(for a guy who's been around the game as long as him, anyway.)
Don't agree.

We would get a punt return, so Jacoby becomes a potential factor.

The onside kick, failing, sealed the deal.
Old 11-03-2008   #100
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Don't agree.

We would get a punt return, so Jacoby becomes a potential factor.

The onside kick, failing, sealed the deal.
I'm of the opinion, until proven otherwise, Jacoby is best only in punt return duties @ home with his momma seated in the bull pen the direction he is headed
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read