Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2008   #41
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak needs to go!

Ok pink soap brigade plzz lets make intelligent theads u going to get the hole board in trouble yes the sky is blue u dont have to tell us this we already know
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #42
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

The GM is not the issue Kubiak is not the issue. He did not throw into double coverage both QBs did.
Old 11-02-2008   #43
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 20 Wolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl

Honestly folks, let's take a realistic look at things. Ultimately, you can place the blame on the coach, he's the one responsible for hiring all the other coaches and making up the details of the team's personality. I'm a manager and I get what Kubiak has to do. Not only do you have to get all your coaches believing in your system, you have to get your players believing in your system. Right now, I see guys who have lost the fire to play for the DC here.

Do I think there are changes that need to be made this off-season? Oh yes. Kubiak needs to sit down and find a defensive coordinator that can put the fire in the hearts of the defensive players. I don't think Richard Smith is it. I remember when Kubiak first hired him, Smith would be out running laps with Kubes to stay in shape. Now, he's getting fat and lazy. His players see this and I think it effects how they play for him. What coach is getting most of the compliments from the players right now? I believe it's Frank Bush. Let's move him over.

Prepare to meet your DOOM!
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #44
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
no freaking way is this thread serious? lets go over the history of the boards:
The coach was the problem, we got rid of him.
the GM was the problem, we got rid of him
the quaterback was supposed to be the problem we got rid of him.
The new starter was the problem and when the back up got his chance he screwed up royally.

Now you want to yet again fire the QB GM and Coach.

Who has the signature that says "stupid is repeating the same thing over and over" or something like that. Well I think the fans are falling into the stupid category if they havent already. The Texans will not make progress if they have to start over every 4 years. This isnt the olympics. It was a good game and players made mistakes. They played hard and lost... give the bloodshed a rest.
I wasn't saying to fire the coach. I was responding to the poster who said to wait till the end of the game which was also when the Vikes went up 28-14.

You had to of been there.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #45
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Time for Kubes to go. Three years and still no playoffs. Not even dream chance of playoffs. The man still thinks this is the NFL circa 1998 and his offensive game plan follows that.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #46
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The new starter was the problem and when the back up got his chance he screwed up royally.

Who has the signature that says "stupid is repeating the same thing over and over" or something like that. Well I think the fans are falling into the stupid category if they havent already. The Texans will not make progress if they have to start over every 4 years. This isnt the olympics. It was a good game and players made mistakes. They played hard and lost... give the bloodshed a rest.
But hey after all these firings we did WIN more games U cant deny that
Old 11-02-2008   #47
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
The GM is not the issue Kubiak is not the issue. He did not throw into double coverage both QBs did.
Are these the hand-picked, the job is yours, no competition required QBs of the Texans?

I think the coach and GM have some responsibility for the personnel on the field who are playing with such incompetence.

Should they be fired? I don't know. Not right now anyway. Should they be held blameless for the the performance of the players they selected, trained, and choose to keep? Absolutley not.
Old 11-02-2008   #48
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. His team was in position to score and tie the game twice.... his QB blew it. You could probably make the argument that Kubiak blew it when trading for Schaub though. Sure would've love to see how the #1 rated prospect in the 2007 draft, Brady Quinn, would have done for our team.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #49
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Yep. His team was in position to score and tie the game twice.... his QB blew it. You could probably make the argument that Kubiak blew it when trading for Schaub though. Sure would've love to see how the #1 rated prospect in the 2007 draft, Brady Quinn, would have done for our team.
It would also be interesting to see how the Falcons are doing after the Texans "stole" Schaub from them leaving them with no viable QB.
Old 11-02-2008   #50
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
There is no excuse for putting out such a crap team every game on the road. He needs to get his ass in gear and get the team ready each and every Sunday. Does he even know that he's not at Reliant?
Cool, how would you have improved it? How much crap would you have put out there? How would a coach's ass in gear be of any benfit to the team, much less how does one put an ass in gear? I think from the covered dome and purple wearing fans in the stadium, he probably knew he wasn't in Reliant.

Awesome post. So instead of bringing the problems, why not bring a solution?

Personally, I think they held their own till the 4th. Matt shoulda come out if he's hurt and two turnovers in the red zone does not benefit. Also, to have the worst defense in the redzone this year, does not do Kubiak any favors. But yet, you want to drop Kubiak. Cool.... let's bring Capers back for ya then.

Last edited by OzzO; 11-02-2008 at 04:16 PM.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #51
CT CSTM
Rookie

Rep Power: 70 CT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respected

Why weren't more of you guys at the game today???
Old 11-02-2008   #52
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I wasn't saying to fire the coach. I was responding to the poster who said to wait till the end of the game which was also when the Vikes went up 28-14.

You had to of been there.
I wasnt referring to you the thread I should have clarified
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #53
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I am curious what was our record this time last year? 3-5 I think considering the schedule start and Ike I think this team is better than last year
Old 11-02-2008   #54
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who's coaching these turnover prone QBs?

Quote:
I am curious what was our record this time last year? 3-5 I think considering the schedule start and Ike I think this team is better than last year
AJ was out for 6 of those games, with the Texans going 1-5. What's the excuse going to be for a 3-5 start next season?
Old 11-02-2008   #55
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What's the excuse going to be for a 3-5 start next season?
Don't we play the NFC West next year? If Kubiak doesn't get us onto a serious playoff run, fire everybody.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #56
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Who's coaching these turnover prone QBs?

AJ was out for 6 of those games, with the Texans going 1-5. What's the excuse going to be for a 3-5 start next season?
so we are better than last year this time and some of you guys want to fire Kubiak even with the Texans facing more adversity than last year at this time.

thank God that logic doesnt extend to my Spurs...fire Pop Spurs are 0-2. sheesh. ( I am not saying you just saying thptt to the nay sayers)

Go Texans
Old 11-02-2008   #57
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Time for Kubes to go. Three years and still no playoffs. Not even dream chance of playoffs. The man still thinks this is the NFL circa 1998 and his offensive game plan follows that.
Wow...just wow, please tell me you forgot the sarcasm smilie. Have you checked out how potent our offense has been this season? So we should just scrap it all? I can't believe some of the posts sometimes. When we win, everyone is perfect, when we lose it's fire 'em all...LOL.
Old 11-02-2008   #58
Norg
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Wow...just wow, please tell me you forgot the sarcasm smilie. Have you checked out how potent our offense has been this season? So we should just scrap it all? I can't believe some of the posts sometimes. When we win, everyone is perfect, when we lose it's fire 'em all...LOL.
the only winz we got this season is aganist bad teams yes even the Fins included

when we go agansit ELite teams we get Spanked and dont even have to list them just off the top of your mind all the elite teams in the NFL thats who we lose to

and to make matters worst we get beat in our own divison has well

i guess iam just mad I want the texans to be a ELite team has well but i can say with a straight face we are not
Old 11-02-2008   #59
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

finally... some common sense.
rep your way

Face it. We've improved but talent wise, for the most part, we're still in mediocre-ville.
Yeah, we have a couple of studs, but there are lots of spots -mostly on defense- that need upgrading. And that takes time.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #60
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

could be worse...we could be Cowboy fans and be hating things even more.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read