Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2008   #21
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak needs to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
My (enter name) has been the same all season............Richard Smith.

I actually like Kubiak, does he need to grow as a coach.....hell yes, but I like the foundation that he has set on his side of the ball.

However if he doesn't get the other side of the ball to start picking up their play by next season (I'll give him one more Dcoordinator) his seat is going to start getting hot.
Smith has been a shoe in, its the other names that are knee jerk.
Old 11-02-2008   #22
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
There is no excuse for putting out such a crap team every game on the road. He needs to get his ass in gear and get the team ready each and every Sunday. Does he even know that he's not at Reliant?
Sign me up and get me a pink soap avatar. This guy's game awareness and clock management skills are atrocious and I believe it is because he is not too bright. You either have it or you don't. That we look like shit on the road and that we have NO ****ING ACCOUNTABILITY for TOs by our QBs and poor play by our defensive players means that this joker needs to go. We get Marty in here next year and we win 11 games.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #23
AustinTexansFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Here We Go. Classic Knee jerk reaction thread. Richard Smith Needs to go but not Gary.
Yes, Yes, Yes!
AustinTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #24
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
There is no excuse for putting out such a crap team every game on the road. He needs to get his ass in gear and get the team ready each and every Sunday. Does he even know that he's not at Reliant?
I am not sure I understand the meaning of this quote!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #25
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_ROOSTER View Post
We get Marty in here next year and we win 11 games.
I'd prefer Cowher, but I'll settle for Marty.
Old 11-02-2008   #26
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Piss poor blocking from Duane Brown. Petey Reeves gives up way too many big plays. Turnovers from bad QB play.

I don't know why you blame Kubiak or Richard Smith for this loss. This is on the players, not the gameplan.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #27
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing about this game was Kubiak's fualt. We can't give up 3 T.O.'s and expect to win on the road.

Schaub is not the answer and neither is Sage.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2008   #28
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Nothing about this game was Kubiak's fualt. We can't give up 3 T.O.'s and expect to win on the road.

agree, schaub still sucks
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #29
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
Piss poor blocking from Duane Brown. Petey Reeves gives up way too many big plays. Turnovers from bad QB play.

I don't know why you blame Kubiak or Richard Smith for this loss. This is on the players, not the gameplan.
Reeves getting beat is Smith's fault. Why you wouldn't give Reeves some help is beyond me.

And that first long play both Reeves and Wilson wiffed on the ball.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #30
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

This gets my most ignorant thread of the day vote!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #31
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Reeves getting beat is Smith's fault. Why you wouldn't give Reeves some help is beyond me.

And that first long play both Reeves and Wilson wiffed on the ball.
i dont know how that ball was completed
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #32
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Except for not challenging that "first down", I didn't see anything today that hints at a need of scenery at HC.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #33
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I diisagree. He should have challenged the first down. He should have pulled Schaub right away after the injury and the floater to Leach never happens. Should have ran it on 3rd and 1 in the redzone, twice if need be or take the 3 freaking points. All bad decisions. I am not calling for his head though or Matt's.
Old 11-02-2008   #34
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Here We Go. Classic Knee jerk reaction thread. Richard Smith Needs to go but not Gary.
Exactly right.
Old 11-02-2008   #35
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Richard is going before Kubes / thread
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #36
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How about now?
no freaking way is this thread serious? lets go over the history of the boards:
The coach was the problem, we got rid of him.
the GM was the problem, we got rid of him
the quaterback was supposed to be the problem we got rid of him.
The new starter was the problem and when the back up got his chance he screwed up royally.

Now you want to yet again fire the QB GM and Coach.

Who has the signature that says "stupid is repeating the same thing over and over" or something like that. Well I think the fans are falling into the stupid category if they havent already. The Texans will not make progress if they have to start over every 4 years. This isnt the olympics. It was a good game and players made mistakes. They played hard and lost... give the bloodshed a rest.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #37
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I diisagree. He should have challenged the first down. He should have pulled Schaub right away after the injury and the floater to Leach never happens. Should have ran it on 3rd and 1 in the redzone, twice if need be or take the 3 freaking points. All bad decisions. I am not calling for his head though or Matt's.
Agree with everything except "challenging that first down"......if we can't get a obvious QB sneak that was probably good by a full yard overturned earlier in the year, we're not getting that overturned.

But yeah, I wanted Matt pulled as soon as he got hurt, and can't believe he didn't run for the 1st down on that 3rd and short.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-02-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #38
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
no freaking way is this thread serious? lets go over the history of the boards:
The coach was the problem, we got rid of him.
the GM was the problem, we got rid of him
the quaterback was supposed to be the problem we got rid of him.
The new starter was the problem and when the back up got his chance he screwed up royally.

Now you want to yet again fire the QB GM and Coach.

Who has the signature that says "stupid is repeating the same thing over and over" or something like that. Well I think the fans are falling into the stupid category if they havent already. The Texans will not make progress if they have to start over every 4 years. This isnt the olympics. It was a good game and players made mistakes. They played hard and lost... give the bloodshed a rest.

Agreed. Fantastic post.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #39
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

The reason why it is difficult for the Texans to win on the road is the following:

1. It is difficult for any offense to perform on the road. Communication on the line is particularly difficult, made worse facing good defenses.

2. Good road teams have great defenses. The defense keeps the game close and gives the offense time to get their stuff together. It also keeps the offense from having to play from behind.

3. The Texans have a feast and famine defense.

4. (It would have been nice for the Texans to run the ball more. If you get into a throw first game against a team that is a good pass rushing team, you will get your starting quarterback hit sideways in the knee because the other team pins their ears back and stops respecting the run at all).

sigh
Old 11-02-2008   #40
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not advocating the firing but the SAME lapses in judgement in challenges, preparation...the 3rd and 1..and time management happens over and over.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read