Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2008   #101
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How can this team further justify throwing Jacque Reeves on the field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Or, try Okoye at DE. He is smallish and quick. He is struggling so much at DT its worth a try.
Hmmmm. I don't know. My plan was to use Okoye off the bench a lot to rest TJ, but I guess it's possible. I just looked at Okoye's height and weight. Not sure if he's quite tall enough, but he sure wouldn't have the size problem anymore. Wonder how his running speed is, because I know he's quick.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #102
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How can this team further justify throwing Jacque Reeves on the field?

Quote:
What 14? He didnt give up any of the TD's.
His receiver scored one of their TDs on the slant so thats 7 right there. I could easily look at some of his plays and find another 7, for instance, first pass of the game he gets beaten badly by Berrian and gives up a 40 plus yard play. Great way to start off the game and if you don't think that was the main reason they opened with a TD drive you are crazy. He's bad, 07 Petey bad without all the PI calls (why call PI when they catch the ball though).

As for Okoye and Diles, they were a big part of helping to keep Peterson stuffed for 3 quarters of the game. Diles is a first year starter and Okoye is a 2nd year 21 year old DT. Are they playing lights out? No. But they already make more positive contributions to the defense than Reeves by a long shot imo.
Old 11-05-2008   #103
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
His receiver scored one of their TDs on the slant so thats 7 right there. I could easily look at some of his plays and find another 7, for instance, first pass of the game he gets beaten badly by Berrian and gives up a 40 plus yard play. Great way to start off the game and if you don't think that was the main reason they opened with a TD drive you are crazy. He's bad, 07 Petey bad without all the PI calls (why call PI when they catch the ball though).

As for Okoye and Diles, they were a big part of helping to keep Peterson stuffed for 3 quarters of the game. Diles is a first year starter and Okoye is a 2nd year 21 year old DT. Are they playing lights out? No. But they already make more positive contributions to the defense than Reeves by a long shot imo.
On the first play, he was supose to have help over the top and Wilson was a little late. That happends. How about the defense stopping them after all is said and done? There are 10 other guys out there, and when a big play is given up, you have to all buck up and make a stop. How about Diles giving up the 3rd and 9 that lead to a TD because he couldnt keep his feet under him? Thats one you forget in your equation. Im not calling Reeves the best player on our D, but to say he is the absolute worst and the only reason they scored points is freakin unbelievable. I just dont get Okoye's age as any sort of excuse. He has been a pro for a year and a half. Its time to maybe make a play here and there. He consistantly gives very little.
Old 11-05-2008   #104
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Hmmmm. I don't know. My plan was to use Okoye off the bench a lot to rest TJ, but I guess it's possible. I just looked at Okoye's height and weight. Not sure if he's quite tall enough, but he sure wouldn't have the size problem anymore. Wonder how his running speed is, because I know he's quick.
I just think the middle is too muh for him at this point in his career. He isnt big enough, and gets run down easy. You could shift him into the DT spot on passing downs, with Cochran and Bowmen. Kinda makes Weaver a bench guy though...
Old 11-05-2008   #105
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On the first play, he was supose to have help over the top and Wilson was a little late. That happends. How about the defense stopping them after all is said and done? There are 10 other guys out there, and when a big play is given up, you have to all buck up and make a stop. How about Diles giving up the 3rd and 9 that lead to a TD because he couldnt keep his feet under him? Thats one you forget in your equation. Im not calling Reeves the best player on our D, but to say he is the absolute worst and the only reason they scored points is freakin unbelievable. I just dont get Okoye's age as any sort of excuse. He has been a pro for a year and a half. Its time to maybe make a play here and there. He consistantly gives very little.
I didn't "forget that in my equation." Diles had a bad play, maybe I'd make more of it if he was constantly getting abused like Reeves. Its pretty obvious we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
Old 11-06-2008   #106
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I didn't "forget that in my equation." Diles had a bad play, maybe I'd make more of it if he was constantly getting abused like Reeves. Its pretty obvious we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
I think its something that happends a little to much, his missed tackles and blown coverage, but agree to disagree. Ill give you Diles, but Okoye has been brutal.
Old 11-06-2008   #107
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hate that Reeves keeps the defense on the field after 3rd down. He's not the only reason but the majority of it. It's almost as if the QBs look for him whenever it's 3rd down.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2008   #108
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Reeves might do better if the opposing WRs could be convinced to wear this on the back of their jerseys.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #109
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I just hate that Reeves keeps the defense on the field after 3rd down. He's not the only reason but the majority of it. It's almost as if the QBs look for him whenever it's 3rd down.
I think its a consistant effort by our DB's and Safties to keep the opposing offense on the field. Whats the alternative to Reeves? Faggins? No thanks, Ive been there. I want Moulden to see some nickle action, but he isnt ready to start yet.
Old 11-08-2008   #110
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

He is better than Petey....how much?????? no clue
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008   #111
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think its a consistant effort by our DB's and Safties to keep the opposing offense on the field. Whats the alternative to Reeves? Faggins? No thanks, Ive been there. I want Moulden to see some nickle action, but he isnt ready to start yet.
I don't know...some guy name Dunta Robinson! I know he may not be 100% yet, but his 80% is better than 100% of Reeves. Why Dunta and Fred aren't starting this weekend against the Ravens I don't understand. As far as Moulden, who knows what the guy can do? He's a special teams menace, I know that for sure. But it isn't fair to say the guy isn't ready to start yet when he hasn't been given a chance. Nobody knows what he can do yet. As far as Amobi moving to DE, he isn't big enough or fast enough to play a 4-3 DE. He isn't Freeney or Dumervil. It's DT or bust for Amobi.
Old 11-08-2008   #112
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
I don't know...some guy name Dunta Robinson! I know he may not be 100% yet, but his 80% is better than 100% of Reeves. Why Dunta and Fred aren't starting this weekend against the Ravens I don't understand. As far as Moulden, who knows what the guy can do? He's a special teams menace, I know that for sure. But it isn't fair to say the guy isn't ready to start yet when he hasn't been given a chance. Nobody knows what he can do yet. As far as Amobi moving to DE, he isn't big enough or fast enough to play a 4-3 DE. He isn't Freeney or Dumervil. It's DT or bust for Amobi.
Unfortunately, so far Amobi hasn't proven to be big enough or fast enough for an effective 4-3 DT either. In the 4-3, the DT is supposed to be very athletic AND very large, to be effective against the run and to be able to keep the O off the LBs.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read