Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2008   #81
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How can this team further justify throwing Jacque Reeves on the field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
We move Reeves off Berrian and put in Drob. And he gets burned AND give sup the TD. Reeves a least would have made he tackle
And Dunta made a horrible play on that ball. I dont know what he was thinking with the swan lake jump. Reeves caught Peterson, which no one else would have done. He didnt play all that bad.
Old 11-04-2008   #82
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How can this team further justify throwing Jacque Reeves on the field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Wow that rebuttal must've took an hour to type.........I don't have enough time in the day to quote you 20 different times, so if that was your plan you won.

I just find it absolutely funny you think teams are throwing at all of our CBs equally......that's absolutely laughable when even freaking TV commentators who don't even watch our team play every Sunday are cracking jokes about how bad Reeves is and how he's being picked on.

Also you need to stop with the 11 passes defensed.......because that is another inflated stat.....the guy gets targeted about 7-8 times a game.....gee he broke up a pass or two, but was french toast the rest of the Sunday afternoon. I mean you keep bringing up these stats that don't mean crap. Woo! he broke up 11 passes.......hell as much as people are throwing at him he should have about 20 defensed passes.

Also please stop saying he made a play on that damn ball, the ball deflected right off the receiver right into his lap....like I said earlier I'm suprised he didn't crap himself. Hell if the receiver caught the ball it would've just been another pass Reeves gave up........it's not like he jumped the route.

And as far as "who said defenses throw at Reeves".......uh that would be me, I can see for my own eyes that defenses throw at Reeves.....anybody that knows what they're looking at can identify when another team is targeting or picking on a corner....Reeves is being picked on. I saw the same crap last season with Faggins and started a thread very similar to this one right before he was benched.
With the exception of the PA, what was really thrown at him? The TE wasnt his, he was really wide open. Berrian caught the other td over Dunta with the swan lake. Was he on the slant guy? Cause that looked like zone and he picked up the slot guy while the Safty was late on the slant. Reeves is by far not the worst guy on our D. That would be our horrible OLB's, and our 20 yr old awful DT. Or Weaver. Demeco nneeds to get out of the middle, its killing him. We also need 2 guards and a Center. Maybe a QB. Reeves is kinda what we have needed, a guy to make some plays, and keep up w/ WRs.
Old 11-04-2008   #83
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
he was your best friend when he returned that INT for six.
Actually I was mad because I knew all it was going to do is make Kubiak believe even more that this guy is a play maker and he will not take him off the field.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #84
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
And Dunta made a horrible play on that ball. I dont know what he was thinking with the swan lake jump. Reeves caught Peterson, which no one else would have done. He didnt play all that bad.
True Dunta made one horrible play, but when Jacque is getting thrown at all game, that kind of lets you know he is the weak link in the defense. As for why Jacque is getting 19 chances, Gary keeps saying he is playing well. Saying that Bennett was/is having terrible games. Not sure how Jacque is having "great" games when opposing teams single him out as the guy to throw at.
Old 11-04-2008   #85
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he is an ok corner. Yeah he gets thrown at alot because A: I see him line up against their #1 alot. B: He is just ok. No better no worse right now than Dunta or Fred.

Corner is obviously a weakness that needs to be addressed either in FA or draft next year, but im not sure a rookie would help out that much, especially since we drafted Molden.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #86
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

how can they justify it? b/c there's no one else better...right now.... anyway.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #87
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the exception of the PA, what was really thrown at him? The TE wasnt his, he was really wide open. Berrian caught the other td over Dunta with the swan lake. Was he on the slant guy? Cause that looked like zone and he picked up the slot guy while the Safty was late on the slant. Reeves is by far not the worst guy on our D.That would be our horrible OLB's, and our 20 yr old awful DT. Or Weaver. Demeco nneeds to get out of the middle, its killing him. We also need 2 guards and a Center. Maybe a QB. Reeves is kinda what we have needed, a guy to make some plays, and keep up w/ WRs.
So, you're saying that Reeves is better then both Amobi AND Diles? omg. This is laughable...

Reeves is awful, I don't know how you can't see that. He was the MAIN target for the Vikings offense. They started off throwing on his side, and were completing pretty much every pass they threw against him. Every pass would've been completed had the WR not step out of bounds on that one play(where the WR had like two or three step on Reeves) and if it hadn't bounced off the WR hand. Oh, and in final 3 or 2 minutes of the 1st half, who did they targeted to try and run up the score? You guessed it Reeves. IIRC, he was burned on that play as well, but the ball was overthrown.

Reeves is kinda what we have needed, a guy to make some plays, and keep up w/ WRs.

When has Reeves ever made a play using ball skills, EVER? The only interception he gotten was by luck from receivers letting catchable balls bounce of their hands, and from a Kerry Collins ball throw directly at him. Really, you would expect a decent CB to make more plays then he has, especially if they were targeted as much as Reeves and were that close to the receivers as Reeves has been most of the times.

Reeves is the exact opposite of what we need, and is the reason why posters went berserk after gameday and were clamoring CB as a need for the off-season.

Bottom line, Reeves makes wayyyy more bad plays then he does good. It must be like a one in fifteen ratio or something.

Last edited by J-Russ; 11-04-2008 at 12:13 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2008   #88
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
how can they justify it? b/c there's no one else better...right now.... anyway.
Hit the nail on the head here. Until Dunta is ready, Reeves is one of the top 2 corners to start and end a game with. I think Bennett should be starting, with Dunta and Molden playing nickle and dime formations. At this point our rook needs snaps.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #89
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
So, you're saying that Reeves is better then both Amobi AND Diles? omg. This is laughable...

Reeves is awful, I don't know how you can't see that. He was the MAIN target for the Vikings offense. They started off throwing on his side, and were completing pretty much every pass they threw against him. Every pass would've been completed had the WR not step out of bounds on that one play(where the WR had like two or three step on Reeves) and if it hadn't bounced off the WR hand. Oh, and in final 3 or 2 minutes of the 1st half, who did they targeted to try and run up the score? You guessed it Reeves. IIRC, he was burned on that play as well, but the ball was overthrown.

Reeves is kinda what we have needed, a guy to make some plays, and keep up w/ WRs.

When has Reeves ever made a play using ball skills, EVER? The only interception he gotten was by luck from receivers letting catchable balls bounce of their hands, and from a Kerry Collins ball throw directly at him. Really, you would expect a decent CB to make more plays then he has, especially if they were targeted as much as Reeves and were that close to the receivers as Reeves has been most of the times.

Reeves is the exact opposite of what we need, and is the reason why posters went berserk after gameday and were clamoring CB as a need for the off-season.

Bottom line, Reeves makes wayyyy more bad plays then he does good. It must be like a one in fifteen ratio or something.
What do they do? Diles masses alot of tackles, but most of them are 5 yards down field. He also tripped on the white line when the TE Shienko ran a streak right by him. That was graceful... He is what he is, a 7th round pick who is over achieving. If he is your worst LB, you can kinda hide him, but you need more talent around him.

And dont even start on Amobi. He has been awful. He is not doing well at all. I want Cochran and Bowmen out there instead of him. He doesnt stop the run all that well, nor does he rush the passer, nor does he keep lineman off of our LB's. He is almost a waste of space out there.

And the guy stepped out because Reeves took the field from him and used the sideline to his advantage.
Old 11-04-2008   #90
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Actually I was mad because I knew all it was going to do is make Kubiak believe even more that this guy is a play maker and he will not take him off the field.
Hot damn, only in Houston do we get mad at a guy for getting a pick 6.
Old 11-04-2008   #91
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hot damn, only in Houston do we get mad at a guy for getting a pick 6.
I'm not from Houston but yeah I would get mad at a guy for getting a pick 6 when he gives up 14.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #92
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What do they do? Diles masses alot of tackles, but most of them are 5 yards down field. He also tripped on the white line when the TE Shienko ran a streak right by him. That was graceful... He is what he is, a 7th round pick who is over achieving. If he is your worst LB, you can kinda hide him, but you need more talent around him.

And dont even start on Amobi. He has been awful. He is not doing well at all. I want Cochran and Bowmen out there instead of him. He doesnt stop the run all that well, nor does he rush the passer, nor does he keep lineman off of our LB's. He is almost a waste of space out there.

And the guy stepped out because Reeves took the field from him and used the sideline to his advantage.
I'm not going to change your opinion on Diles or Amobi, because it seems to me that you like to bold/express their negatives and ignore their positives(which greatly outweights their negative). This is the same with what you are doing with Reeves, which is ignore ALL, and I mean ALL of his negatives, and focus on whatever little positives he had from this season, which was all btw sheer luck.

EDIT: I'm going to add alittle more to the post.

You're really coming off ignorant if you're going to ignore the fact that Diles made plenty of plays at or behind the line of scrimmage this season, and is a great tackler. He is decent in coverage, but is nowhere near DeMeco Ryans in term of great cover skills. Right now he is our best linebacker by a good margin. 7th rounder doesn't mean anything, James Harrison and Bart Scott went undrafted, but yet they are causing havoc all over the league.

And Amobi is causing tons of pressure in the backfield and onto the QB. His downfall are run defense and sometimes taking on blockers. He is far from being a waste of space out on the field. And I don't know who Bowmen is, but if you were intending to say Bullman then he is playing DE for us, not DT(I know he is listed as DT on NFL player page).

I still don't see how they're worst then Reeves. Reeves is the biggest liability on the defense right now, and if you can't see that after the minnesota game, then you must either be blind or ignorant as hell.

Last edited by J-Russ; 11-04-2008 at 02:41 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #93
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

06 - Kubes says he regrets not playing Walter more

07 - Kubes says he regrets not playing Diles more

08 - ???

Who here thinks Kubes is gonna say after the season that he regrets not playing Molden more?
Old 11-04-2008   #94
Polo

I think the invention of hindsight means we will all have regrets...

Like a 21 yr. old male taking an oath of abstinence...
Old 11-05-2008   #95
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I'm not from Houston but yeah I would get mad at a guy for getting a pick 6 when he gives up 14.
What 14? He didnt give up any of the TD's.
Old 11-05-2008   #96
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
I'm not going to change your opinion on Diles or Amobi, because it seems to me that you like to bold/express their negatives and ignore their positives(which greatly outweights their negative). This is the same with what you are doing with Reeves, which is ignore ALL, and I mean ALL of his negatives, and focus on whatever little positives he had from this season, which was all btw sheer luck.

EDIT: I'm going to add alittle more to the post.

You're really coming off ignorant if you're going to ignore the fact that Diles made plenty of plays at or behind the line of scrimmage this season, and is a great tackler. He is decent in coverage, but is nowhere near DeMeco Ryans in term of great cover skills. Right now he is our best linebacker by a good margin. 7th rounder doesn't mean anything, James Harrison and Bart Scott went undrafted, but yet they are causing havoc all over the league.

And Amobi is causing tons of pressure in the backfield and onto the QB. His downfall are run defense and sometimes taking on blockers. He is far from being a waste of space out on the field. And I don't know who Bowmen is, but if you were intending to say Bullman then he is playing DE for us, not DT(I know he is listed as DT on NFL player page).

I still don't see how they're worst then Reeves. Reeves is the biggest liability on the defense right now, and if you can't see that after the minnesota game, then you must either be blind or ignorant as hell.
Im the guy who always looks for a positive, and I did give Diles some props. Im not just blindly saying they suck and Reeves rules. Im just saying that those two, and Greenwood, are all playing worse than Reeves.

Edit: I have a little more to add as well. Okoye is consistantly out played by guys we found at Taco Bell. The 10th overall pick cant be that guy. Mario had a put up or shut up moment and started to play like he should. Okoye is having that moment and is floundering. I look and I look, and I have a very hard time finding any of his good plays. I really do want him to do well, he just isnt. And Diles hasnt been all that great in coverage. He got a pick, but he does get beat aalot on 3rd downs by TE's. Im not delusional or making this up. Reeves has been beat by guys, I agree. He dosnt always make the best play, but he is doing a fine job out there.

Last edited by BigBull17; 11-05-2008 at 08:22 AM.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #97
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems an appropriate thread to post this link about DeAngelo Hall.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3683124

-Twitch
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #98
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of Okoye, anyone notice what happened late in the game when they pulled him and put TJ in his place, replacing TJ's normal position with Okam (I think). TJ in the backfield, tackle for loss. I'm not really so much knocking Okoye here as saying that I really think we need bigger DTs (at their respective positions). Move TJ over and play Okam more. We're too small.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #99
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
Seems an appropriate thread to post this link about DeAngelo Hall.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3683124

-Twitch
Nevermind. His attitude must be REALLY bad.

Last edited by HJam72; 11-05-2008 at 09:09 AM.
HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #100
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Speaking of Okoye, anyone notice what happened late in the game when they pulled him and put TJ in his place, replacing TJ's normal position with Okam (I think). TJ in the backfield, tackle for loss. I'm not really so much knocking Okoye here as saying that I really think we need bigger DTs (at their respective positions). Move TJ over and play Okam more. We're too small.
Or, try Okoye at DE. He is smallish and quick. He is struggling so much at DT its worth a try.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read