Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2008   #41
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How can this team further justify throwing Jacque Reeves on the field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
K, thanks. I can read the thread title. Did you read the post I quoted?
Ah yeah.........did you happen to read the post that I posted at the exact same time as your's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I will give this to the D though.......their run defense has been steadily improving over the last couple of weeks.
No point in repeating it.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-02-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #42
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How can this team further justify throwing Jacque Reeves on the field?

Anyways, did any of y'all just hear how Dan Marino pronounced Jacque Reeves name?

It was something like (ja-qeef) Reeves. I thought that was funny.

- Edmund Burke
Old 11-02-2008   #43
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Speaking of Bennett, I don't know what he's done but why he isn't starting is beyond me. He can't do worse than Reeves. No possible way.
He gets paid much, much less.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #44
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Those 3 were like long punts.......it's not that big of a excuse.

The answer is our pass defense (Jacque Reeves) sucks.... ya it makes a difference.
Then I guess DRob and Bennett suck too. They gave up TD's as well.

Its good to see DRob back to his old falling down and giving up points way.

Reeves is not the problem. In fact if some could get over the peculiar and un-justified hatred for the man you would see he is a pretty solid player. He is a solid tackler, plays the run well, and if I am not mistaken is our INT leader.

Also, didn't he return one for a TD today?

I like Reeves. He is better than Bennett or Moulden or Faggins.

If we had some decent safeties we wouldn't even be talking about this.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #45
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

In other news Mario gets another sack, no one is mentioning that.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #46
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
In other news Mario gets another sack, no one is mentioning that.
Did you happen to see that Mario got his 8th sack of the year?

Old 11-02-2008   #47
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Then I guess DRob and Bennett suck too. They gave up TD's as well.

Its good to see DRob back to his old falling down and giving up points way.

Reeves is not the problem. In fact if some could get over the peculiar and un-justified hatred for the man you would see he is a pretty solid player. He is a solid tackler, plays the run well, and if I am not mistaken is our INT leader.

Also, didn't he return one for a TD today?

I like Reeves. He is better than Bennett or Moulden or Faggins.

If we had some decent safeties we wouldn't even be talking about this.
Give me a break this is absolute nonsense.....no offense.

Drob is back from not playing football in about a year......atleast he has a excuse and please cut the "Reeves is our INT leader", that INT fell into his lap. Also THE GUY SHOULD BE OUR INT LEADER.........HE'S PICKED ON AND THROWN AT EVERY FREAKING SUNDAY.

Even the broadcasters were taking cracks at him today.

Reeves is not better than Bennett either......how many catches did Bennett give up today.....oh thats right, they spent the day picking on our best corner.

- Edmund Burke
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2008   #48
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Give me a break this is absolute nonsense.....no offense.

Drob is back from not playing football in about a year......atleast he has a excuse and please cut the "Reeves is our INT leader", that INT fell into his lap. Also THE GUY SHOULD BE OUR INT LEADER.........HE'S PICKED ON AND THROWN AT EVERY FREAKING SUNDAY.

Even the broadcasters were taking cracks at him today.

Reeves is not better than Bennett either......how many catches did Bennett give up today.....oh thats right, they spent the day picking on our best corner.
I think you need to take your hater glasses off.

27 tackles, 11 passes defensed, 2 INT, and an INT return for a TD.

What else does this man have to do to earn your respect?

And falling down has been Robinson's MO his entire career with the Texans. We would of won the Titan game last year if Robinson could of stopped a 30 yard pass completion to set up the game winning field goal.

Give me a break on the hating. Reeves is a pretty damn good man corner. But if you constantly leave your man on an island and you have spotty Safety play then of course your going to give up some big plays. Happens to all of them, Baily, Green, DRob, Samuels, Clements, ect.

Stop listening to closet Cowboy fans.

Old 11-02-2008   #49
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think you need to take your hater glasses off.

27 tackles, 11 passes defensed, 2 INT, and an INT return for a TD.

What else does this man have to do to earn your respect?

And falling down has been Robinson's MO his entire career with the Texans. We would of won the Titan game last year if Robinson could of stopped a 30 yard pass completion to set up the game winning field goal.

Give me a break on the hating. Reeves is a pretty damn good man corner. But if you constantly leave your man on an island and you have spotty Safety play then of course your going to give up some big plays. Happens to all of them, Baily, Green, DRob, Samuels, Clements, ect.

Stop listening to closet Cowboy fans.
No way, Reeves has probably made more plays than I thought he would but he is just a bad corner. Also what was so terrible about the safety play today? Eugene Wilson has played well as has Ferguson. Our most talented CB combo would be a healthy D-Rob paired with Bennett but who knows when we will see it.
Old 11-02-2008   #50
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
No way, Reeves has probably made more plays than I thought he would but he is just a bad corner. Also what was so terrible about the safety play today? Eugene Wilson has played well as has Ferguson. Our most talented CB combo would be a healthy D-Rob paired with Bennett but who knows when we will see it.
See that is what I don't understand about some, why do you guys think Bennett is all that great? He can't even be out Faggins for a starting spot.

Old 11-02-2008   #51
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See that is what I don't understand about some, why do you guys think Bennett is all that great? He can't even be out Faggins for a starting spot.
I think that says more about the coaching than Bennett.
Old 11-02-2008   #52
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I think that says more about the coaching than Bennett.
So its the coaching staffs fault that Faggins has out played Bennett?

Old 11-02-2008   #53
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Now people are hating on D-rob greatt, this is like when people were hating on AJ when we were 0-4
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #54
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So its the coaching staffs fault that Faggins has out played Bennett?
Bennett has made more plays on the ball than Faggins and Reeves combined this year and he isn't playing at the level he played at last year. Not nearly. The only passes that Reeves defends are ones that fall right in his lap. Check out the play Bennett made against Harrison in the Colts game on a long pass. He runs with him with his eye on the ball the whole way and then bats it away. Thats what he did for us last year ALL THE TIME. Right now none of our corners are playing good ball but Bennett has the potential, I believe, to be a good cornerback. I actually think Faggins would be more valuable to the team than Reeves currently is but only if he is used in nickel/dime situations at best.
Old 11-02-2008   #55
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now people are hating on D-rob greatt, this is like when people were hating on AJ when we were 0-4
IMO the entire Secondary is on a short leash when it comes to me

D rob did fall flat on his butt and missed that tackle for a TD today and it has shown in the past he sometimes he struggles aganist tall Recivers because of his height
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #56
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
I'm not hating, its just fact about DRob. He has always had a problem tripping on his own shadow. He is a hitter, not a shut down corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles
Bennett has made more plays on the ball than Faggins and Reeves combined this year and he isn't playing at the level he played at last year. Not nearly. The only passes that Reeves defends are ones that fall right in his lap. Check out the play Bennett made against Harrison in the Colts game on a long pass. He runs with him with his eye on the ball the whole way and then bats it away. Thats what he did for us last year ALL THE TIME. Right now none of our corners are playing good ball but Bennett has the potential, I believe, to be a good cornerback. I actually think Faggins would be more valuable to the team than Reeves currently is but only if he is used in nickel/dime situations at best.
Plays on the ball would equal passes defensed. He has 2 for the year and no INT's.

That play that you speak of on Harrison was b/c he tripped, recovered, and Manning under threw the ball.

Old 11-02-2008   #57
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I agree. I guess Jacgue has some naked pics of Kubiak.

No I think Feagins owns those. I would rather they play Reeves instead of Feagins. Reeves has the pick 6 on his resume....Feagins doesn't have crap by images of being burnt for td's every game.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #58
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The fact that DRob is not his normal self, knocking off rust and still thinking about his injury is a fact and not hating. It's all part of getting back into the groove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #59
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We need one really good corner, and then letting ALL these guys fight for that #2 spot would be WAY less depressing. My suggestion is we need not only do that, but load up on the secondary. I'm tired of this crap.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #60
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see Bennett & Molden get most of the PT @ CB.

D. ROB should be playing the nickel.

This is a good yearto pick up a CB in FA. N. Ash. Chris Gamble would be 2 that I would look @ signing but I'm sure Greir will find a way to screw it up.

The reason I want to get a look @ Molden is we need to see what we have going into the draft & FA.

FIRE DICK SMITH
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read