Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2008   #21
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chron:Does the play of Texans linebacker Ryans concern you?

I'm very, very concerned about Demeco

saying that Diles is picking up the slack is totally incorrect. MLBs in 4-3 Defenses almost always lead their team in tackles. He was getting 10+ a game in the beginning of the season, and now he's at 3? Thats way below average for a 4-3 MLB
Old 11-02-2008   #22
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I'm very, very concerned about Demeco

saying that Diles is picking up the slack is totally incorrect. MLBs in 4-3 Defenses almost always lead their team in tackles. He was getting 10+ a game in the beginning of the season, and now he's at 3? Thats way below average for a 4-3 MLB
And my FF team agrees with you completely.

I am playing in a league where you get a point per tackle. I drafted Meco knowing he was a lock for 10 points, (that and he is my favorite player) but instead i have been getting a steady 2 points ppg.

It all started after the ankle injury.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #23
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

it sure didn't help that Ike gypped him out of a week's worth of rest & recovery time.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #24
jshabang
Quality Backup!

Rep Power: 90 jshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respected

trash nose tackle play...period........

we keeep rotatin our d line cuz no one has grabbed the position by the horns...

that hurts the mike linebacker position the most.....also.....the ankle....combination of both
Old 11-02-2008   #25
Polo

defense has done ok today
Old 11-02-2008   #26
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

DeMeco is exactly like Ray Lewis.

Great player and leader but they suck if even one blocker gets close to them. AO and TJ getting pushed back into his lap is what is killing him not DeMeco himself
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #27
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Vikings ran the ball almost 35 times today, and Demeco ends up with 4 tackles. Either Ziles is the best OLB in the NFL or something is seriously wrong with Ryans
Old 11-02-2008   #28
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryans is playing with the same caliber of DTs he's always played with. I don't think there is even a slither of a doubt that Ryans is hurting. He's too good a player, when healthy, to not be making plays. We're not seeing the real DeMeco Ryans.
Old 11-02-2008   #29
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Statistically, he's not as good. Realistically, he's still the best MLB in the game. IMO at least.
Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #30
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

ya'll need to back of demeco, his #'s are down because he's not a one man gang anymore. diles has more tackles, do you really think it's because he's better than demeco?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #31
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Remember, he was playing injured last year towards the end of the season and we saw the same kind of production from him as we do this year when injured. Apparently an injured DeMeco is still better then a healthy Bentley. If I was Richard Smith or Kubiak I would've rest DeMeco during the Lions and Bengals game.... too late for that now.

I'm just glad we have Zac Diles, last year when DeMeco was hurt who did we have? Danny Clark and Morlon freakin Greenwood....
Comments like that show me how ignorant you are. Danny Clark is an excellent player who is smacking people around for the Giants. Even during the Cowboys game he got his name called 5-6 times for making good plays.

And even though you have this man crush on Zac Diles right now, he isn't as complete or good of a player as Morlon Greenwood.

Get a clue and some knowledge.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #32
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Comments like that show me how ignorant you are. Danny Clark is an excellent player who is smacking people around for the Giants. Even during the Cowboys game he got his name called 5-6 times for making good plays.

And even though you have this man crush on Zac Diles right now, he isn't as complete or good of a player as Morlon Greenwood.

Get a clue and some knowledge.
Wow.. if he was really good then we would've re signed him in the off-season. Tell me, why would we, a team that was far from being solid at LB position at the end of the last season, wouldn't keep an excellent player? Funny, you probably don't have any clue on that do you? That would seems pretty ignorant.... Oh btw we signed two FA LBs and drafted one, instead of keeping Danny Clark and IIRC, Clark signed a one year deal with the Giants and is only starting because of injuries to the pervious starter. That really sounds like an "excellent" player.

EDIT: Oh my, I just read your last comment. Well sure he isn't complete yet, this is just his first season as starter.. just his second season in the league. If you really think he isn't already a better player then Morlon(a seasoned vet that is in his prime. Thats right, what you see on weekly basis is probably the best he played in his whole career )... well thats all I need to know about how ignorant you are.

Double-EDIT: Oh, and if you're going to determine a LB play by how many times a player name is called during the game, then why are you going to trash Diles? The commentators were riding his nuts the whole game, and rightfully so. Someone seem to have double-standard.

Last edited by J-Russ; 11-02-2008 at 09:38 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #33
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow.. if he was really good then we would've re signed him in the off-season. Tell me, why would we, a team that was far from being solid at LB position at the end of the last season, wouldn't keep an excellent player? Funny, you probably don't have any clue on that do you? That would seems pretty ignorant.... Oh btw we signed two FA LBs and drafted one, instead of keeping Danny Clark and IIRC, Clark signed a one year deal with the Giants and is only starting because of injuries to the pervious starter. That really sounds like an "excellent" player.

EDIT: Oh my, I just read your last comment. Well sure he isn't complete yet, this is just his first season as starter.. just his second season in the league. If you really think he isn't already a better player then Morlon(a seasoned vet that is in his prime. Thats right, what you see on weekly basis is probably the best he played in his whole career )... well thats all I need to know about how ignorant you are.

Double-EDIT: Oh, and if you're going to determine a LB play by how many times a player name is called during the game, then why are you going to trash Diles? The commentators were riding his nuts the whole game, and rightfully so. Someone seem to have double-standard.
Hey I know this would never come across that narrow minded brain of yours, but sometimes players don't want to sign with a certain team. Just because the Texans offer him a contract doesn't mean he is going to take it. Sounds like he made the right choice going with the Giants.

Next time think about what you are going to post before you try and make a point, and edit, double edit or whatever the hell you are trying to say.
Old 11-02-2008   #34
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Hey I know this would never come across that narrow minded brain of yours, but sometimes players don't want to sign with a certain team. Just because the Texans offer him a contract doesn't mean he is going to take it. Sounds like he made the right choice going with the Giants.

Next time think about what you are going to post before you try and make a point, and edit, double edit or whatever the hell you are trying to say.
No where in the chron did it said we offered him a contract or even tried to re-sign him. And it wasn't like posters here were making petitions for to re-sign him either. Looks like we didn't think much of his play here, and he sure wasn't highly sought after by other teams either. That shows you what other team think of him.

You still didn't answer my question. If Danny Clark is an excellent player because the commentators were calling out him name throughout the game, why isn't Zach Diles? No answers??? Ok, well I wouldn't expect someone like you who just pull **** out of your ass to come up with answers to legit questions. Oh, and atleast Zach earned his starting job, Clark was the 2nd rated LB that only started because the guy in front of him was injured.

btw, its pretty funny you're going to say you had no clue what I was trying to say. "Danny Clark is an excellent player", "Morlon is better then Zac Diles"

Buhahahaha. Remember, puff puff pass.
Old 11-02-2008   #35
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

We didn't resign Clark

This is just another sign that Bobby Greir doesn't have a clue.

He needs to be fired.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #36
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
We didn't resign Clark

This is just another sign that Bobby Greir doesn't have a clue.

He needs to be fired.
Oh please. Kubiak and Rick Smith(both) had him on our team for a whole year. They watched him practice, they watched him play, they look over his play in game films and they didn't see anything special in him, thus they let him walk in the off-season.
Old 11-02-2008   #37
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
You still didn't answer my question. If Danny Clark is an excellent player because the commentators were calling out him name throughout the game, why isn't Zach Diles?
I watched both games. And Danny was making plays in the backfield, creating havoc and handing out big hits. Diles had a good game with 7 tackles but didnt have the same effect IMO that Clark had.

Oh and I didnt realize that we created petitions to resign anyone. But ok.
Old 11-02-2008   #38
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Name me one decent FA Greir has signed.

I'm not talking street FA's
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #39
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Name me one decent FA Greir has signed.

I'm not talking street FA's
I don't think Greir signs player, he just scouts them and give reports to the Rick Smith. Like I said, if Rick and Kubiak saw something good in him, he would've resign him. It wasn't like the Giants gave Clark a lucrative deal, or one he couldn't resist. Bottom line is Clark already lost his job to Diles so we didn't need him, unless he wanted to stick around and play on ST for a sub-par team.
Old 11-02-2008   #40
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Oh please. Kubiak and Rick Smith(both) had him on our team for a whole year. They watched him practice, they watched him play, they look over his play in game films and they didn't see anything special in him, thus they let him walk in the off-season.
I love how you post this kind of garbage like you were there, or had dinner with them and they told you that they didnt want to resign Clark. You are talking out your ass and making shit up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read