Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2008   #1
Ali4Real

Wink Houston Texans ~ A Potent Offense?

Houston is a hard team to contain on offense given the abundance of weapons - Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels, Slaton. I fully expect Matt Schaub to be able to move the ball down into the red zone a few times on Sunday. And Slaton has been one of the most heavily-used backs in the league inside the 20 - his 24 red zone carries rank eighth among RBs, while no back has equaled his eight red zone targets. As you can see, there's a good reason Slaton has scored in five of the past six games. I'm betting that he'll make it six out of his last seven on Sunday.

According to Andy Behrens

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog...fantasy,118910

I love to see the Texans viewed as an offensive threat, hope we can become a defensive threat soon!

Old 11-02-2008   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Houston Texans ~ A Potent Offense?

As I have posted in the Kubiak threads, we have the potential to be a Super Bowl caliber offense in a year or two. The turnovers and the defense are what's killing us now. Kubiak has done a damn fine job of building this team, but there were a lot of holes to start with. I predict the DC gets fired after this season. Another draft of defense and a better DC and we may yet win some playoff games under Kubiak.

Remember it took the Colts a few years to get their defense caught up to the offense, as well.
Old 11-02-2008   #3
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans ~ A Potent Offense?

Yeah...a great defensive draft the next two years....

but don't forget the impact free agent or two...cough cough...Haynesworth..cough. I know, I know it's a pipedream.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read