Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-01-2008   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Dear Tech Fans...

Wow, that was a great game.

But hey, please don't storm the field before the game is over.

Also, please don't storm the field a second time before the game is over.

Thanks,
NCAA fans every where.

PS Crabtree is a beast.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #2
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dear Tech Fans...

I'm surprised they didn't clear the field. People were piled up all the way to the endzone. The officials should have emptied the stadium, then proceeded with the final second.

Besides, doesn't rushing the field lose it's excitement when it's done a second & third time?
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Counterfeiters take Texas Tech fans for a ride

Counterfeiters take Texas Tech fans for a ride

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,119260

Quote:
Between an over-excited bell-ringer, half of the student section whispering "Why so serious?" and multiple stormings of the field, Texas Tech fans got about as rowdy Saturday night as 51,000 people can without reenacting the watering hole scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey or trampling on one another's heads. It was probably the biggest, most intense three hours in campus history.

But not everyone in Lubbock was overcome with the pageantry: Tech officials said Sunday that 500 latecomers trying to score tickets around the stadium -- including at least one Raider player trying to get a seat for a friend -- missed out on the fun when they were taken in by counterfeit tickets:

"They got robbed is what it was," said Dave Welsh, Tech assistant athletic director for ticket operations. "These (counterfeiters), I think they hit the big-time bowl games and the Super Bowl and so forth. They look just like our regular season-ticket stock, but the bar codes obviously arenít going to match. It was heartbreaking seeing all these people get ripped off."

Heartbreaking to miss the game-winning Harrell-to-Crabtree connection and subsequent crowd explosion, yes. But if the same people showed up early for Game Day, they got to survive Bobby Knight, nailing the pick in classic Bob Knight form, and Lee Corso firing a pair of shotguns while blinded by a giant cartoon head for free.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #4
4x4tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 448 4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Counterfeiters take Texas Tech fans for a ride

dear tech fans,

act like you've been there before....oh wait, you haven't...nevermind...but do take notice you do not see this anywhere else....that could have been very dangerous
4x4tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #5
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

The biggest game in the history of their school...let them enjoy it! Why would they act like they have been there before when they haven't? Wouldn't they have done it at one point before if they had done it before? After a game like that going down to the final second with a score like that vs. a team like on PrimeTime with a school and town that never gets any love? I wouldn't mind if they did it after every touchdown like the Dawgs team celebration last year vs. Florida. Jeezzz....heaven forbid fans, students, and Alumni in Lubbock get to celebrate anything. Please in an orderly fashion file out of the stadium in a single file line....This is what makes college football different from most other sports the energy and the excitement thats to be had under the lights....

Off my soap box...
Old 11-06-2008   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
The biggest game in the history of their school...let them enjoy it! Why would they act like they have been there before when they haven't? Wouldn't they have done it at one point before if they had done it before? After a game like that going down to the final second with a score like that vs. a team like on PrimeTime with a school and town that never gets any love? I wouldn't mind if they did it after every touchdown like the Dawgs team celebration last year vs. Florida. Jeezzz....heaven forbid fans, students, and Alumni in Lubbock get to celebrate anything. Please in an orderly fashion file out of the stadium in a single file line....This is what makes college football different from most other sports the energy and the excitement thats to be had under the lights....

Off my soap box...
LOL.

Rushing the field before the game is even over?

Nevermind acting like they have been there before (since they haven't), can they just please at least act like they have a brain?

I'm all for rushing the field.....AFTER the game.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on folks, give 'em a break. It was 1 sec left, the game was essentially over & after watching that play in real time, i too initially thought time had run out after it seemingly took him forever to break that tackle & tip-toe down the sideline.

If the game were in Austin & the shoe was on the other foot, i'm confident in assuming that some UT fans would've done the same thing .........................maybe they wouldn't have done it again after the extra point, but surely after the TD.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2008   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Dear Tech Fans...

When I stormed the field in the Shoe in 2002 after beating Michigan, I waited until time was out
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 11-06-2008   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
When I stormed the field in the Shoe in 2002 after beating Michigan, I waited until time was out
Good for you, but you can never account for the drunken retards & what they might do...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Come on folks, give 'em a break. It was 1 sec left, the game was essentially over & after watching that play in real time, i too initially thought time had run out after it seemingly took him forever to break that tackle & tip-toe down the sideline.

If the game were in Austin & the shoe was on the other foot, i'm confident in assuming that some UT fans would've done the same thing .........................maybe they wouldn't have done it again after the extra point, but surely after the TD.
Honestly, I doubt UT fans would even rush the field in that situation.

I know it gets on other fans' nerves, but we can be a cocky group. We expect to beat Tech every year & even in a game as close and entertaining as that one, I don't think you would see UT fans rushing the field.

I could be wrong though...
Old 11-09-2008   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Dear Tech fans,

I was wrong about your team.

I felt like Texas was still the best team in the Big XII even after ya'll beat us.

We are the second best team.

Your offense is unstopable and your defense is the most underrated unit in the conference.

Hope you beat the snot out of OU and clear the way for us to make the Fiesta Bowl.

Good luck.
Old 11-09-2008   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Dear Tech fans,

I felt like Texas was still the best team in the Big XII even after ya'll beat us.

Your offense is unstopable and your defense is the most underrated unit in the conference.

Hope you beat the snot out of OU and clear the way for us to make the Fiesta Bowl.

Good luck.
Wait - don't we want OU to win that game so Texas can pass Tech in the BCS?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Wait - don't we want OU to win that game so Texas can pass Tech in the BCS?
Yes.

But cheering for OU is very hard to do.
Old 11-09-2008   #14
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Well yeah but if it means our ONLY shot at a national title? It must be done.

Plus - it's not like they're playing a team we like. Won't be hard to root against Tech and their poor, poor Lubbock-imprisoned fans.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 11-09-2008   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

If Oklahoma beats Texas Tech, it's possible that OU jumps ahead of Texas in the BCS standings. At that point, it's the BCS standings that decide who goes to the Big 12 Championship game and it could be Oklahoma. And if they win that game, they could go to the National Championship game as well.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
If Oklahoma beats Texas Tech, it's possible that OU jumps ahead of Texas in the BCS standings. At that point, it's the BCS standings that decide who goes to the Big 12 Championship game and it could be Oklahoma. And if they win that game, they could go to the National Championship game as well.
Right, but we have NO shot to make the title game if Tech beats OU in that game and wins out, even if UT wins out - right?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 11-10-2008   #17
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dear Tech fans,

Good luck.
thanks for this post. as i've said elsewhere, the big 12 south is pure nasty and tech is the only team that has survived to 10-0. whatever your reservations about tech and their history (i'm first to admit my doubts), and how unlikely it is that they'll continue their gauntlet to beat OK, tech's earned respect as a complete team and has worked their way to the top tier as a team and not a gimmick.

Last edited by Scooter; 11-10-2008 at 02:31 AM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
As long as Texas wins out, OU will not be able to pass them in the BCS.

If TCU had not lost, then maybe.

But every time OU wins, Texas gets a boost in the computers. The human voters would probably have to drop Texas in the polls for it to happen. I don't think they will get a chance to.
Old 11-10-2008   #19
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dear Tech fans,

Good luck.
Thank you. I have the feeling we are going to need all the luck we can get in Norman.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Cool Re: Dear Tech Fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Good for you, but you can never account for the drunken retards & what they might do...
I'm sorry, have you ever been to a game in Columbus?

What's the difference between a Buckeye fan and a Texas fan?

At least the Buckeye fan is only rude when he's drunk (which is Thursday PM through Sunday afternoon, weekly) (runs and hides).
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read