Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2008   #1
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Flag

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160293993896

saw this on Ebay. I was shocked to see the price of this.
Old 10-29-2008   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Flag

Holy crap! It even says it has some spots on it. When I got mine I folded it up, put it in clear freezer bag and put it in the closet. I haven't opened it since so it is in mint condition.

Well, I know what I will be putting on ebay tonight.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #3
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Holy crap! It even says it has some spots on it. When I got mine I folded it up, put it in clear freezer bag and put it in the closet. I haven't opened it since so it is in mint condition.

Well, I know what I will be putting on ebay tonight.
oh come on now, I want one. just sell it to me for cheap
Old 10-29-2008   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
oh come on now, I want one. just sell it to me for cheap
LOL, I will post the link when I put it on ebay. HAHA.

Seriously though, they don't sell these at Reliant?
Old 10-29-2008   #5
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Frickin A....I am going to find mine and put it on too.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

There must be a crack pipe behind that flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #7
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

No way I'm selling mine. Besides, you can always just have one made - especially at that price....
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2008   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

OMG, this sold for $355!
Old 10-29-2008   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think so. Check the bid history; Link

One person is uping there own bid? Over and Over again? Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #10
Andrew6
Site Contributor

i want one but i don't want one "THAT BAD"
Old 10-29-2008   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I don't think so. Check the bid history; Link

One person is uping there own bid? Over and Over again? Hmmm....
Actually what you are seeing is that top bidder just had a real high maximum bid. Everytime someone else bids he automatically outbids his previous bid and that will keep happening until someone outbids his maximum bid. You cannot outbid yourself unless you have using 2 different screen names which is obviously fraudulent.

That guy paid $355 for that flag.
Old 10-29-2008   #12
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Actually what you are seeing is that top bidder just had a real high maximum bid. Everytime someone else bids he automatically outbids his previous bid and that will keep happening until someone outbids his maximum bid. You cannot outbid yourself unless you have using 2 different screen names which is obviously fraudulent.

That guy paid $355 for that flag.

No, actually if you look at the history, that's not what happened. If that was the case, you'd see all the other people nibbling at his bid, but his bid would only show up once. Looks like shill bidding to me?

Nonetheless HOOOOLY CRAP. Didn't know my flag / cape cost *that* much!
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #13
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow...thats crazy. You couldnt pry mine from my cold dead hand but still.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #14
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, And I have two!!! Got one for a pair of season tickets and another from another pair.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans Flag

Looks suspicious:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160293993896
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #16
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow! I have 2 of them one on the wall at my dorm and the other at my house!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee View Post
No, actually if you look at the history, that's not what happened. If that was the case, you'd see all the other people nibbling at his bid, but his bid would only show up once. Looks like shill bidding to me?

Nonetheless HOOOOLY CRAP. Didn't know my flag / cape cost *that* much!
He's talking about proxy bidding. You put up a maximum bid of say, $355. The auction doesn't go up to $355 automatically, but everytime someone bids, you automatically put in a bid until someone goes over your maximum bid.

However, this guy kept bidding on it without anyone else trying to bid. Seems pretty fishy, but keep in mind someone actually bid $350.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #18
Andrew6
Site Contributor

if you look at the bottom you can see my lowly 20 dollar bid
Old 10-29-2008   #19
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

So wait, the winner isn't the only one with multiple bids listed in a row though... The list shows some earlier bidders with 2 or 3 in a row.
Old 10-29-2008   #20
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCRoN View Post
So wait, the winner isn't the only one with multiple bids listed in a row though... The list shows some earlier bidders with 2 or 3 in a row.
i bid early with like 15, then like 20 and every time i bid there was someone who had already had a bid in. so who ever put in the first bid may have put in like a 300 dollar bid

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read