Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2008   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Marshall Faulk Picks the Texans

On NFL Total Access this evening, TD and Marshall Faulk were asked which of the 3-4 teams from the AFC South would make the playoffs. TD picked the Colts, but Faulk picked the Texans, citing Schaub, AJ, and Owen Daniels as the reasons.
Old 10-29-2008   #2
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Marshall Faulk Picks the Texans

That's delightfully surprising. I like Marshall.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw that the other day. He loves him some Schaub, AJ, and OD.
Old 10-29-2008   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly I am SO tierd of not getting any love from the medi...

wait a minute?!?!
Old 10-29-2008   #5
BuffaloglennTX
Rookie

Rep Power: 24 BuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
On NFL Total Access this evening, TD and Marshall Faulk were asked which of the 3-4 teams from the AFC South would make the playoffs. TD picked the Colts, but Faulk picked the Texans, citing Schaub, AJ, and Owen Daniels as the reasons.
That's awesome, but I have to wonder if Marshall is just trying to "unretire" and get a contract with the Texans should Green go down! It is a good sign for the team when former players recognize the consistency with which the Texans offense has played the last five games.
BuffaloglennTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloglennTX View Post
That's awesome, but I have to wonder if Marshall is just trying to "unretire" and get a contract with the Texans should Green go down! It is a good sign for the team when former players recognize the consistency with which the Texans offense has played the last five games.
No problem, when Green goes down, Faulk can take over his contract
Old 10-29-2008   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I saw that last night too. The Texans got some more love on the show. Jacoby's punt return was #6 on their top 10 plays and Schaub was nominated for the Fed Ex Air/Ground award thingy for going 24/28, 280 yards and 3 TD's.

We are a young team on the rise.
Old 10-29-2008   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
That's delightfully surprising. I like Marshall.
I don't really like Faulk as an analyst. Reminds me of Emmitt Smith, just not nearly as bad.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #9
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I posted after the first two week of the season that I thought the Titans were going to be first and the jags were going to be last in the divison, with us and the Colts fighting it out for the 2nd place. Looks like the NFLN crew feel that way too.

I'm starting to feel alot more optimistic(again...) after the Cincy game. Hopefully this is the game that finally show that we have developed some swagger and 'tude. I'm thinking we can go undefeated at home the rest of the way, and lose only two road games against CLE and GB. TEN might be more beatable then we think, it'll probably be a battle red game(the only official BR game is Jags, so we have another day we can use) and we all know how awesome the power of those Battle Red jersey are. I think we could def. go and win the next three, which would've look like crazy talk a week or two ago... don't really have a basis on this, just a gut feeling that I had for about a week. The feeling got alot stronger against the Cincinnati beatdown.

If we do go on and have a 10-6 Playoff Season, you guys can just go ahead and thank Jacoby for it. The Miami game is going to end up as the turning point of the season if it happens, and the turning point in that game was the PR for a TD.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I saw that. Or at least I thought I saw that. Thanks for confirming that I am not in fact going crazy.
Old 10-29-2008   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
I posted after the first two week of the season that I thought the Titans were going to be first and the jags were going to be last in the divison, with us and the Colts fighting it out for the 2nd place. Looks like the NFLN crew feel that way too.

I'm starting to feel alot more optimistic(again...) after the Cincy game. Hopefully this is the game that finally show that we have developed some swagger and 'tude. I'm thinking we can go undefeated at home the rest of the way, and lose only two road games against CLE and GB. TEN might be more beatable then we think, it'll probably be a battle red game(the only official BR game is Jags, so we have another day we can use) and we all know how awesome the power of those Battle Red jersey are. I think we could def. go and win the next three, which would've look like crazy talk a week or two ago... don't really have a basis on this, just a gut feeling that I had for about a week. The feeling got alot stronger against the Cincinnati beatdown.

If we do go on and have a 10-6 Playoff Season, you guys can just go ahead and thank Jacoby for it. The Miami game is going to end up as the turning point of the season if it happens, and the turning point in that game was the PR for a TD.
Respectfully disagree. I think the Indy Game was the turnaround. Sage doing his thing pretty much cemented Matt Schaub as the unquestioned starter. I think any QB plays with more confidence when there isn't a guy pressing them. That and the whole team played pretty well. I'm not one on "moral" victories but this team could've imploded after that game and didn't. Some of the credit has to go to this staff(well parts of it)
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #12
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Just saw that myself (we get total access on a days delay over here) really refreshing to see someone pick us. As soon as they brought it up in 4 downs I was sure they were both going to go Colts, a pleasant surprise that Marshall didn't.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #13
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Respectfully disagree. I think the Indy Game was the turnaround. Sage doing his thing pretty much cemented Matt Schaub as the unquestioned starter. I think any QB plays with more confidence when there isn't a guy pressing them. That and the whole team played pretty well. I'm not one on "moral" victories but this team could've imploded after that game and didn't. Some of the credit has to go to this staff(well parts of it)
Well they did started off 0-14 in the dolphins game at home, until Jacoby rejuvenated the whole team. And the clutch play in final seconds gave us a confidence boost that kept snowballing as we beat the crappy team and totally change the team and fans perspective as we go into Minny. Don't see how MIA wasn't the TP of the season.

If you're basing INDY as the TP of the season only on the fact that Schaub job was cemented by Sage goofing up, then I have to disagree, especially since Schaub started off real shaky against MIA. I would consider that game, along with JAC, as the "rising action" because we were starting to play better and more cohesive as a team, as well as Kubiak learning from his past mistakes. But it wasn't until Jacoby return the PR for a score that our team started to rally back. That was the climax, IMO, that got us the win against the Dolphins, which ultimately could lead us to our first PO and winning season.

But yea, I do agree with abunch of credits needing to go to the staff. Kubiak is instilling what he wanted to develop when he first came into the team, a winning atmosphere and a winning attitude. Its really surprising to see how the team keeps coming back stronger and stronger every week no matter how devasting the last loss was(getting BO 2 week in a row, OT loss, 5min of Chokezilla.). Kubiak and staff needs to get alot of credit for keeping the team focus and motivated, especially considering how much flame Kubiak was getting at the beginning of the season.

Last edited by J-Russ; 10-29-2008 at 03:22 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #14
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Marshall Faulk Picks the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I saw that the other day. He loves him some Schaub, AJ, and OD.
I saw that, too. That was cool
Old 10-29-2008   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw it also, but I just have a hard time taking Faulk seriously. I watch him and all I can see is Jack Nicholson as the Joker in Batman with the shape of his mouth and the way he smiles. Still, nice to see a talking head pick the guys to do well.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

A guy at work told me today, that the Texans are going to win the SuperBowl this year.

He's not a football guy....... though he loves football. But he drew several comparisons between the Texans and the Patriots, the first time they won the Super Bowl. Nothing concrete, and basically saying we're this years Cinderella.

I told him I like the idea, but I'd be happy if we'd just start playing well consistently.

This week, will be a big test. The Minnesota Vikings have allowed only 70ypg so far this season. If we deserve to think our team doesn't belong at the bottom of the division, we need to top that mark.

I know people don't want to hear it, but this is a run team, and if we can't run the ball, our future isn't very bright.

defensively, we've got work to do. No doubt.

We've got an offensively minded coach...... who built his career on running the football. If we can't do that, then there is no chance he'll be able to teach this team how to play defense.
Old 10-29-2008   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as we'd like to pretend we're a run team, the stats just don't support it. I would call us an equal opportunity attack, or maybe even a passing team
Old 10-30-2008   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Call me crazy (not everyone at once, thank you) but I think that special teams performance will swing this game.

The way I see it Schaub-to-Johnson will do as much offensive damage as Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor. The respective defensive stats aren't that far apart. We've given the ball away 14 times, them - 15 (yeah, I was amazed someone was worse than us too). Our "running attack" is just as weak as their "passing attack". So other than being at home, I see no clear advantage for the Vikes.

Now a couple of games back, two punt returns for TDs almost cost Minnesota a win against New Orleans. Their punt coverage team allows a league high 18+ yds/punt (we allow around 12). So I'm thinking that if Jacoby can bust one (maybe two) big returns against them, that could swing the odds in our favor and definitely take their crowd out of the game.

Marciano's boys could swing this game for us.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
The Miami game is going to end up as the turning point of the season if it happens, and the turning point in that game was the PR for a TD.
The PR is what kept us in that game, but you have to really look at the 4th and 10 catch that Andre had as the turning point. That catch saved our season.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008   #20
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

if this isn't semantics i don't know what is but none-the-less, i'm going to have to agree with the punt return as the ignitor. by Johnson's touchdown the will was already present and he was doing the forcing of said will upon a perfectly positioned DB.

on a larger scale though, the turning point was three + years ago when kubiak was brought in and subsequently Rick Smith. THAT is the turning point.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read