Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2008   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default AJ on Rome

Tomorrow Rome said he'll have AJ on the air 610am, check him out. Last week I think he had Santana Moss and Steve Smith and they both put up some really good games, hoping the Rome Karma will help Andre go for 250 yds and 2 TDs, because to be honest his numbers are just straight up SILLY.
Old 10-28-2008   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: AJ on Rome

did he say what hour andre would be on?
Old 10-28-2008   #3
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

ahhhhhhhhh, Jungle Karma!
Old 10-28-2008   #4
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
did he say what hour andre would be on?
Sorry, I misremembered what time he will be on, or maybe he didn't say.
Old 10-28-2008   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't AJ interviewed by somebody (I thought Rome) this off season and he was considered not the greatest of interviews?
Old 10-28-2008   #6
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Naaahh, AJ is just laid back and soft spoken, that's all.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Wasn't AJ interviewed by somebody (I thought Rome) this off season and he was considered not the greatest of interviews?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Naaahh, AJ is just laid back and soft spoken, that's all.
. . . which is why he's not a great interview. He's not a talker, just a doer. Exact opposite of T.O. It's what I like about him.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2008   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, he's always been a terrible interview - but whatever, he's the best receiver in the NFL. He's not all about himself, which hurts his commercial appeal, and doesn't get him a lot of national run - all the while, what is he concentrating on? Football, football, football.

I love AJ just the way he is. It's hard to believe this guy is a product of Miami U.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

people want to know more about AJ & Rome is big on him since interviewing him already, hopefully building more trust thus gaining insight into the soft spoken ascending NFL superstar WR

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #10
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I said a few words to AJ a few years ago when he was on the Giff/Pastorini show back when it was on. He is really just a quite guy the qb's asked him how a soft spoken guy speaks so loudly on the field. He just said thats what I do and I get excited on the field.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

He is going to be on this first hour..probably bottom of the hour. Just pay attention until noon.
Old 10-29-2008   #12
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I just turned on the stream and he said it's going to be the next segment.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Started....
Old 10-29-2008   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Started....
AJ is laughing and seems really awake compared to usual. . Its like an amped up laid back...lol
Old 10-29-2008   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
AJ is laughing and seems really awake compared to usual. . Its like an amped up laid back...lol
Right.. Great description!!
Old 10-29-2008   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Right.. Great description!!
He did well. I think he must have been working on his interviewing or really was awake for this one. I loved the quote about dropping the balls and having a talk with himself.
Old 10-29-2008   #17
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

(On what turned Texans around)

The game against the Colts-- you gotta play a full game

(What did that game show you?)

When we looked at the film as a team we pretty much dominated the whole game....it showed us that hey we can go out and do it just gotta do it for a full sixty minutes

(On Sage---did you admire the effort or did you just think, hey you gotta play smart and protect the football?)

You never know what's going through a guy's mind...he was just trying to make a play...no one got down on him...I told him he played a helluva a game and not to hang his head

(On licks taken by Cincy and toughness)

You're gonna get hit, so you might as well go and catch it.

(Are guys headhunting in losses like that?)

Nah, I wouldn't say that, I think they were just out there playing..when we looked at the film we saw a defense that played real hard...we just went out and got the best of em

(On getting taken out by defensive schemes and double teams)

It makes you get deeper into your playbook...I missed training camp so I've been working hard just trying to learn every wr position on field

(On record-breaking numbers)

Im just playing football...after Tennessee game I had two TD drops...looked at myself in mirror and asked what kind of player do I want to be? I'm just out there playing hard and having fun...

(On soul-searching after the 0-3 start)

Yeah I did b/c I was real frustrated...I went and sat by myself and aksed myself that question--what do you want to be?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #18
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

^^^ A very rough synopsis of the interview
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
^^^ A very rough synopsis of the interview
Not bad

He said after the two dropped TDs in a game he need to ask himself if he wanted to be good or if he wanted to be a stud and one of the best. So he decided to have fun and go all out.
Old 10-29-2008   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
He did well. I think he must have been working on his interviewing or really was awake for this one. I loved the quote about dropping the balls and having a talk with himself.
He did really well. The quote that you mentioned was my favorite part too. It really speaks a lot to who he is as a player and a person. Someone that can take a step back, re-evaluate themself and then strive to be better. AWESOME!! I hope the 52 other guys with the Texans listened to that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read