Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2008   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Classic! The Bengals are so bad....

Now you say: "How bad are they?"

"They're so bad that when you beat them by 29 points you actually drop two spots in the ESPN poll".

We would have had to beat them by 60 just to stay where we were. Moving up on a week you play the Bengals is apparently impossible.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...=9&season=2008
Old 10-28-2008   #2
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Classic! The Bengals are so bad....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Now you say: "How bad are they?"

"They're so bad that when you beat them by 29 points you actually drop two spots in the ESPN poll".

We would have had to beat them by 60 just to stay where we were. Moving up on a week you play the Bengals is apparently impossible.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...=9&season=2008

I just looked at that list. 25th is kind of a joke. However, what struck me looking at that list was how beatable every team above us looked. Not just 20-24. While I agree that a few teams are better than we are, I think it's a small difference and something we can certainly overcome. Basically, we're as good as anyone in the NFL this year. At least, right now we are.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL is really, really wide open this year.

With the exception of maybe the Steelers and Giants, I think we could easily beat any team in the entire NFL
Old 10-28-2008   #4
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fox Sports brought us up one spot from 26 to 25.

Their blurb on them: The Texans have run off three straight wins thanks to an offense that has reeled off 27+ points in five straight games. Houston's defense will likely keep this team from the playoffs, having allowed more points than any other AFC South team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings
Old 10-28-2008   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Fox Sports brought us up one spot from 26 to 25.

Their blurb on them: The Texans have run off three straight wins thanks to an offense that has reeled off 27+ points in five straight games. Houston's defense will likely keep this team from the playoffs, having allowed more points than any other AFC South team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings
I can't really get down on them for that. It's all so very true.
Old 10-28-2008   #6
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I can't really get down on them for that. It's all so very true.
Our defense tightens up as the season wears. I think we will do a lot better based on our history. Also you add Drob into the mix and we develop a stronger identity.

So, yeah I disagree. Our defense will buckle down in the home stretch.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #7
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The NFL is really, really wide open this year.

With the exception of maybe the Steelers and Giants, I think we could easily beat any team in the entire NFL
I don't know...I might add the Titans to that. I keep waiting for the clock to turn midnight on this team, and yet they keep winning.

I guess what they said is true, VY IS a winner*.

*(by association)

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2008   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

SO if we beat Minn & Balty does that mean we fly to the 14th spot

LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Our defense tightens up as the season wears. I think we will do a lot better based on our history. Also you add Drob into the mix and we develop a stronger identity.

So, yeah I disagree. Our defense will buckle down in the home stretch.
I hope you are right. I'd really love to see that happen.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read