Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2008   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Offense: interesting stats over 5 weeks.

Okay, so I spent a little time doing some number crunching and research. Here are some very interesting stats for the Texans the past 5 games:

1. 38% of every drive has ended in a TD.
2. 410 yards per game average
3. 57% 3rd down conversions: 37 of 65

While those stats do include the Cincy and Detroit game. It also includes some respectable defenses like Jacksonville, Miami, and Indianapolis.

I believe we also had 3 special team TDs during that period as well. I think it's time to say that we have an elite offense.

I think our only weakness on offense is at the point of attack on the Center and Right Guard. It will be very interesting to see how we handle the two Williams' this weekend. However, we have so much working for us offensively right now, I'm pretty confident we'll have an answer... I expect us to attack the edges a lot more and we'll probably see a lot of misdirection.

This is an offense that can beat anybody. Just like Indy, we can struggle on defense. But, as long as the defense can make a few plays over the course of the game, we will be very difficult to beat.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Offense: interesting stats over 5 weeks.

good analysis!

I'm impressed by that 3rd down conversion percentage.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #3
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
good analysis!

I'm impressed by that 3rd down conversion percentage.
Even when you factor in the first two games, we are leading the NFL in 3rd down conversion percentage.
Old 10-28-2008   #4
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

wow I had no idea things were THAT good. They can only get better
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

One of my co-workers saw the light at the end of the tunnel... either that or he's on crack... either one's possible...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #6
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

how are we doing on 4th down? the offense is great and the special teams is solid, defensively .................. i'm all for outscoring our opponents.
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read