Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2008   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ getting some man-love from Schein

Found this "out there" and liked it. Thought y'all might to:

Per Fox Sports talking head Adam Schein's "Schein Nine" weekly list....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...derappreciated

3. Andre Johnson

You can write this one in stone. Houston's Andre Johnson is the best receiver in the NFL. I am not even sure it is close.

Factor in anything you want as the criteria — hands, speed, yards after the catch, football savvy, work ethic, character, age. I'm taking Johnson, who enjoyed yet another dominant game with 11 catches and more than 100 receiving yards against the Bengals.

Just a little more national love for one of our players that truly, truly deserves it.

Last edited by drewmar74; 10-28-2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: forgot my link
drewmar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ getting some man-love from Schein

ESPN was giving him love too. They mentioned that he was the best player in the NFL that no one ever talks about.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 226555 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I've told people that for a while. There isn't another WR in the NFL I would take over AJ. There are only a couple I'd put on par with AJ (Boldin comes to mind), but if I had one or the other, I'd keep him.
Old 10-28-2008   #4
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Heck, he had more Texan love in there...

7. AFC South

Anyone who doubted the Tennessee Titans doesn't understand football. The better team and more physical team won Monday night. At the midway point, the Titans are the best team in football.

The Colts, Texans and Jaguars are all 3-4. Don't be surprised if the Texans shock the Vikings this weekend.
Here's the simple fact about Jacksonville this year. The Jags are too inconsistent to be a playoff team. You cannot lose at home to Cleveland.

Okay, that's somewhat like damning with faint praise, but at least he's not dismissive.

9. Midway point stars

Here are some other names on very early and fluid lists.

Defensive Player of the Year — Albert Haynesworth, London Fletcher, James Harrison, Joey Porter, LaMarr Woodley

Comeback Player of the Year — Jake Delhomme, Jon Vilma

Offensive Rookie of the Year — Matt Ryan, Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Steve Slaton, Joe Flacco

Defensive Rookie of the Year — Jarod Mayo, Chris Horton

Coach of the Year — Jeff Fisher, Jim Zorn

Wow. Nice to read.
Old 10-28-2008   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88085 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

he's definitely up there... i'd say he & reggie wayne are the top 2. Wayne has better hands than AJ (not by much, but better) but AJ is stronger which makes him that physical beast that Wayne isn't.

Honorable mention:

Greg Jennings
Larry Fitzgerald
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #6
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56079 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
he's definitely up there... i'd say he & reggie wayne are the top 2. Wayne has better hands than AJ (not by much, but better) but AJ is stronger which makes him that physical beast that Wayne isn't.

Honorable mention:

Greg Jennings
Larry Fitzgerald

I've made a number of posts about AJ tendency to not want to take over the game. The Tennessee game was the ultimate example of his unassuming attitude... Instead of going and getting that bomb in the end zone. He laid back and waited for it... Instead, it was broken up in front of him.

I think that, combined with his effort in the Miami game on the 4th down play, was the turning point in his career. Now, he realizes that every big moment, every ball in the air, is his. And, nobody is good enough to stop him. He's no longer a very good receiver he's now in the all-time elite status. He's somewhere between Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice- at least for this past month. If I'm right about the change in him, he's going to have a career that makes my comparison to Jerry Rice not seem nearly as crazy as it does right now.

Not to get to exuberant, but we may have :

Jerry Rice and Reggie White on the same team- if you catch my drift!!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #7
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
ESPN was giving him love too. They mentioned that he was the best player in the NFL that no one ever talks about.

When I chose Andre for one of my WR last year and this year in my FF keeper league that I am in at our local town pool hall they rolled their eyes and laughed at me when I turned my sheets in. Guess who is currently in the top three?
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2008   #8
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer View Post
When I chose Andre for one of my WR last year and this year in my FF keeper league that I am in at our local town pool hall they rolled their eyes and laughed at me when I turned my sheets in. Guess who is currently in the top three?
Well I am glad your WR is putting up good numbers in your league, but my kicker is hanging me out to dry..... Charles Brown...has missed every attempt this season, maybe I need to switch to Kris instead.

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 107472 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Well I am glad your WR is putting up good numbers in your league, but my kicker is hanging me out to dry..... Charles Brown...has missed every attempt this season, maybe I need to switch to Kris instead.

You might want to watch the film and keep a close eye on his holder. She....er...he might be the root of the problem.
Old 10-28-2008   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Because he's not out there behaving like an ass.

Best player in the NFL, I would probably stick that title to a QB (only because I see the position as more important than WR), but there is no doubt in my mind that he is the best reciever in the NFL, hands down... erhm.. up!
Old 10-28-2008   #11
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nah, he sucks...I took their advice on not playing him
Old 10-28-2008   #12
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I will stay with Chuck then !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88085 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I've made a number of posts about AJ tendency to not want to take over the game. The Tennessee game was the ultimate example of his unassuming attitude... Instead of going and getting that bomb in the end zone. He laid back and waited for it... Instead, it was broken up in front of him.

I think that, combined with his effort in the Miami game on the 4th down play, was the turning point in his career. Now, he realizes that every big moment, every ball in the air, is his. And, nobody is good enough to stop him. He's no longer a very good receiver he's now in the all-time elite status. He's somewhere between Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice- at least for this past month. If I'm right about the change in him, he's going to have a career that makes my comparison to Jerry Rice not seem nearly as crazy as it does right now.

Not to get to exuberant, but we may have :

Jerry Rice and Reggie White on the same team- if you catch my drift!!

well... i won't go that far & say that....he's gonna have to improve on his TD receptions to even sniff Jerry. Having said that every time i see him catch a ball in space my heart starts pumping b/c i know that he could break a long one..certainly as exciting as jerry but not quite there yet. Jerry's in his own stratosphere in every thing WR related.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #14
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ever since I adopted this guy...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #15
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:

Here is a prime example of a hater. Just because we are actually scoring TDs for a change, you have to crap all over Kris.
Old 10-28-2008   #16
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Here is a prime example of a hater. Just because we are actually scoring TDs for a change, you have to crap all over Kris.

:mshadows:
Old 10-28-2008   #17
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

ill say this: a few wr's run better routes than andre, may be a little faster,
may even catch better, but nobody is MORE clutch...or better...may be equal,
but no reciever is BETTER.(this year)
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #18
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

Honorable mention:

Greg Jennings
Larry Fitzgerald
Hmmm...I don't know about Wayne this year. Maybe the Wayne of years past, but he's obviously having an off-year. I can't believe it's all Payton. I think I'd move Fitz above Wayne. With AJ #1 of course.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #19
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Adam is my man from nfl radio as I duubbed him "plug". He's actually been talking about aandre for a couple of yrs. Andre has been going off lately, but I think Mos is the best wr in the game. He's the most feared offensive player in football and can make the case about being the most feared in history. Anytime you're the common thread of the 2 hghest scoring teams in the history of the nfl, that's saying a lot. You can put him on any team and every defense will roll coverage to him.
Old 10-29-2008   #20
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Hmmm...I don't know about Wayne this year. Maybe the Wayne of years past, but he's obviously having an off-year. I can't believe it's all Payton. I think I'd move Fitz above Wayne. With AJ #1 of course.
Reggie Wayne is good and all, but he's more of a system guy. He wouldnt be as good on a different team, were as AJ would be a Hall of Famer in a Colts uni.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read