Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will The Texans win in Minnesota on Sunday?
Yes. The Texans are a much better team than their record suggests. 67 83.75%
No. I think Minnesota will win, but they will not cover the spread. 4 5.00%
No. Minnesota takes care of business at home and covers. 9 11.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2008   #21
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early Line: Vikings by 4.5 over Houston

Here's an interesting stat I'm going to throw out there...

Games when Peterson has scored a Touchdown, the Vikings are 0-3.
Games when Peterson has NOT scored a Touchdown, the Vikings are 3-1.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Here's an interesting stat I'm going to throw out there...

Games when Peterson has scored a Touchdown, the Vikings are 0-3.
Games when Peterson has NOT scored a Touchdown, the Vikings are 3-1.
That's kinda weird.
Old 10-28-2008   #23
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I HAD to bet $1,000, I would bet on the Texans. I feel like they've got confidence after this 3 week stretch,a nd that counts for something
Old 10-28-2008   #24
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
If I HAD to bet $1,000, I would bet on the Texans. I feel like they've got confidence after this 3 week stretch,a nd that counts for something
If I were to ever bet on a game, I would never bet on a Texans game. In their existence they've been about as consistent as a baby's bowel movement.
Old 10-28-2008   #25
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
The Vikings are ranked #8 in the NFL in rush offense and #12 in total offense:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

The Vikings are a competitive football team. The Texans will be doing very well to come out with a win.
For contrast..

Scoring Offense (All-NFL)
Texans - 11th - 25 PPG
Vikings - 19th - 22 PPG

Scoring Defense (All-NFL)
Texans - 24th - 26.4 PPG
Vikings - 18th - 23.9 PPG

This one ought to be close either way.
Old 10-28-2008   #26
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
For contrast..

Scoring Offense (All-NFL)
Texans - 11th - 25 PPG
Vikings - 19th - 22 PPG

Scoring Defense (All-NFL)
Texans - 24th - 26.4 PPG
Vikings - 18th - 23.9 PPG

This one ought to be close either way.
Good comparisons thanks
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #27
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that this game wil come down to who has thr ball last and who the refs like more. I thin 4.5 is too high of a spread and this game could end up being a 27-28 affair.
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2008   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted yes, but not for the reason given.

I'm of the opinion that you are what your record says you are. However, I don't beleive that Minnesota is any great shakes either. Their 'big' edge is supposed to be their rushing game. While its ranked 8th, the Texans in comparison are ranked 11th, so not a huge edge. In 7 games they have rushed for 899 yards, while the Texans have rushed for 829 yards.
Old 10-28-2008   #29
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 103549 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was the Vikings I would run the ball straight down the soft underbelly of the Richard Smith "Stay-puff" defense.

Maybe, as this marshmallow hardens over time, we will prove we can stop the run.

At least we know what they will try to do.

I do feel better about Dunta Robinson getting some reps under his belt.
Old 10-28-2008   #30
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i wish i could be optimistic. if we win this one, my optimism will probably be so pronounced it'll be annoying.
Old 10-28-2008   #31
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Playing on the road against that DL who will be fresh because of AP and their OL controlling TOP is a tough affair.

Our passing game runs off of playaction, if we cant run on those 2 mammoths in the middle we're in for a long day unless Schaub can throw some prayers up and our WRs can come down with big plays in spurts like the Colts did against them early in the season.
Old 10-28-2008   #32
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Playing on the road against that DL who will be fresh because of AP and their OL controlling TOP is a tough affair.

Our passing game runs off of playaction, if we cant run on those 2 mammoths in the middle we're in for a long day unless Schaub can throw some prayers up and our WRs can come down with big plays in spurts like the Colts did against them early in the season.
They're coming off their bye week too. So their whole team will be fresh.

I hate to say it, but we need Ahman for this game in order to pound a little. To me, Slaton isn't much of a pounder. Sure, he's slobber-knocked a few here and there, but not on an every down basis.

Ahman, if you're listening, put the damn purse back in the closet and get your ass on the field.
Old 10-28-2008   #33
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The main problem with the Vikes is that we match up against them really, really poorly.

They have a dominant OL, so what little pash rush we have is neutralized.
They have a speedy running back, which we always do poorly against.
They have a speedy WR, which we also do poorly against

And they have a physical run defense
Old 10-28-2008   #34
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

call me superstitious but I must refrain from all bets/hedges/predictions

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #35
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

who the hell are the 6% who voted for Minny to win?
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #36
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
who the hell are the 6% who voted for Minny to win?
Click on one of the numbers of votes in the poll totals and you will see.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #37
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 103549 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
They're coming off their bye week too. So their whole team will be fresh.

I hate to say it, but we need Ahman for this game in order to pound a little. To me, Slaton isn't much of a pounder. Sure, he's slobber-knocked a few here and there, but not on an every down basis.

Ahman, if you're listening, put the damn purse back in the closet and get your ass on the field.
Funny.

My word for the day is "slobber-knocker".
Old 10-28-2008   #38
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Funny.

My word for the day is "slobber-knocker".
Insert slobbery knockers joke here
Old 10-28-2008   #39
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Vegas sees it as pretty much an even game. 3 points go to the home team, so 1.5 points.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #40
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

I drinkin' the kool-aid.....

Texans will win and keep the streak alive......Don't look Ethel!!!!

TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read