Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2008   #1
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans rankings...4/16

The Texans offense is now ranked #4 in the league and the defense is ranked #16 in the league, both catagories based on total yards.

Not too shabby for a last...errr.... second place team.
Old 10-28-2008   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans rankings...4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
The Texans offense is now ranked #4 in the league and the defense is ranked #16 in the league, both catagories based on total yards.

Not too shabby for a last...errr.... second place team.
Just imagine if we hadnt dug ourselves deep with an awful Pittsburg game. Thats really the only bad game we have played.
Old 10-28-2008   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72233 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Where are the Texans in strength of schedule now? Somewhere in the middle?
Old 10-28-2008   #4
texanfreak
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 texanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

#4 offense hard to imagine david carr has been gone only two years, sure seems like a long time ago.
texanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #5
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

The major worry that offsets any of that for me is we are currently ranked 28th in yards per play on D. Only St. Louis, KC, Detroit, and Denver are worse.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
The major worry that offsets any of that for me is we are currently ranked 28th in yards per play on D. Only St. Louis, KC, Detroit, and Denver are worse.

True, we've been horrible in that category except for the Bengals game. Whether its our D getting their together or the fact that the Bengals have not been too good on offense this season is hard to tell. I _really_ hope it is our D getting together.

Kubiak and... Mario mentioned that the communication on D was much better against the Bengals, is it the new players or is the 'system' finally settling in their minds? Combination of both?

Last edited by Hervoyel; 10-28-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: language
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72233 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
True, we've been horrible in that category except for the Bengals game. Whether its our D getting their together or the fact that the Bengals have not been too good on offense this season is hard to tell. I _really_ hope it is our D getting together.

Kubiak and... Mario mentioned that the communication on D was much better against the Bengals, is it the new players or is the 'system' finally settling in their minds? Combination of both?
I don't think it is that hard to tell. The trends were the Texans had a bad D and the Bengals a bad O. I think it unlikely that both changed at once.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 10-28-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: language in quote
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2008   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our defense has been notorious for its slow starts. They usually seem to improve later in the season
Old 10-28-2008   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I don't think it is that hard to tell. The trends were the Texans had a bad D and the Bengals a bad O. I think it unlikely that both changed at once.
I agree, but what about the communication comment then, what do you make of that ?
Old 10-28-2008   #10
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually had a business acquaintance tell me yesterday that the Texans are a team that is on the right track! He said that we are molding into a team of contention.
I think that the rest of the country is starting to take notice of us. We blew a couple of games this year. We could easily have 5 wins.
Old 10-28-2008   #11
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
I agree, but what about the communication comment then, what do you make of that ?
That's us finally putting back 2 vets in Ferguson and Wilson at safety who have experience on winning teams and successful defenses. They know how to win in the NFL, which is a trait that our players on defense... with an average age of 25 and a DC with no track record of success... have never had.
Old 10-28-2008   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Just imagine if we hadnt dug ourselves deep with an awful Pittsburg game. Thats really the only bad game we have played.
Like most people I keep a running "Should be...." set of standings in my head where I count quality losses as wins and ugly fluke wins as losses. It's my "we played good enough to be ______" record.

My standings for the Texans have us at 5-2 right now. We were soundly beaten in Pittsburgh and Tennessee in my mind but Sage single handedly gave away the Indianapolis game and the Jacksonville game came down to a coin toss. If our backup QB isn't a well meaning but ambitious fool and we win a coin toss then I think we're sitting at 5-2 and talking playoffs.
Old 10-28-2008   #13
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Our defense has been notorious for its slow starts. They usually seem to improve later in the season
That's when the players stop listening to Richard Smith and start playing football.
Old 10-28-2008   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
I don't know what the statement means or why it took half a season for the defense to communicate.
Old 10-28-2008   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
That's us finally putting back 2 vets in Ferguson and Wilson at safety who have experience on winning teams and successful defenses. They know how to win in the NFL, which is a trait that our players on defense... with an average age of 25 and a DC with no track record of success... have never had.
You might be right. Silly if that was all it too to see progress on the D

(No, I'm not saying that our D is great nor am I saying that we're much better. I'm just saying that I THOUGHT that our D looked BETTER this week)
Old 10-28-2008   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Like most people I keep a running "Should be...." set of standings in my head where I count quality losses as wins and ugly fluke wins as losses. It's my "we played good enough to be ______" record.

My standings for the Texans have us at 5-2 right now. We were soundly beaten in Pittsburgh and Tennessee in my mind but Sage single handedly gave away the Indianapolis game and the Jacksonville game came down to a coin toss. If our backup QB isn't a well meaning but ambitious fool and we win a coin toss then I think we're sitting at 5-2 and talking playoffs.

Playoff's Pixie
Old 10-28-2008   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Sounds like a need for group therapy . Texan fans who do the what should be in their head . I for one am guilty and am trying to get past it . The OCD could be linked to hyperglycemia .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read