Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2008   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vonta Leach!!

I just want to give my man his own thread. Some FB's are like Olinemen, we only notice them when they screw up. Well, it's hard to miss Vonta Leach leading the RB. The guy's an F-ing beast! He, once again had some pancake blocks that couldn't go un-noticed.

In yesterdays game the most noticable was on Slaton's run. Leach absolutely destroyed somebody (can't remember who) with a pancake. This is not something new. He has done this game in and game out. Sure, I reckon there have been a mistake or two but it isn't long before he makes up for them by planting somebody into the Earth.

Long story short..........Vonta Leach is a beast too and, by George, he's got my respect (always has really).

Old 10-27-2008   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vonta Leach!!

Yeah , Leach deserves some props .... that was a nasty block on Slatons TD. Seems to me he does that a few times every game.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy has been an absolute beast since about game 2. The only real mistake I can remember him making is week 1 vs. Pitt where he whiffed bad on a block that got Schaub hit real hard. Since then he has made a ton of plays in the running game and that reception against Indy where he literally plowed over a guy after getting hit was just awesome (pretty sure it was against Indy).
Old 10-27-2008   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Vonta Leach for President!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #5
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I just want to give my man his own thread. Some FB's are like Olinemen, we only notice them when they screw up. Well, it's hard to miss Vonta Leach leading the RB. The guy's an F-ing beast! He, once again had some pancake blocks that couldn't go un-noticed.

In yesterdays game the most noticable was on Slaton's run. Leach absolutely destroyed somebody (can't remember who) with a pancake. This is not something new. He has done this game in and game out. Sure, I reckon there have been a mistake or two but it isn't long before he makes up for them by planting somebody into the Earth.

Long story short..........Vonta Leach is a beast too and, by George, he's got my respect (always has really).

Absofreakinglutely! Vonta is destroying defenders every game. I've voted for him three times already in Pro Bowl balloting. We Texans fans need to hit the polls hard and get Vonta into the Pro Bowl. He damn well deserves this year!
Old 10-27-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember Andre Ware talking the Monday morning after the Carolina game last year. He said that Vonta hit Julius Peppers so hard, that Pepper's manhood floated towards the top of Carolina's stadium...
Old 10-27-2008   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Vonta Leach for President!
Selling out our campaign already ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I remember Andre Ware talking the Monday morning after the Carolina game last year. He said that Vonta hit Julius Peppers so hard, that Pepper's manhood floated towards the top of Carolina's stadium...

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2008   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73103 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Vonta deserves to be in the Pro Bowl this year.

So, of course, he won't be.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Vonta Leach!!

We have one of the BEST blocking TE's in the NFL (we also have one of the BEST receiving TE's in the NFL).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Selling out our campaign already ?!

Actually, I'm doing the early vote thing today. I wonder if they'll actually record a vote for a Corrosion/Thorn presidency? LOL

Although, if you'll notice, I didn't say what Vonta Leach was going to be President of, exactly. Perhaps President of Deheading Defensive Players!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #11
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always liked Leach. I wish he got a little more love, like give him some rushes when we're on the 1 about to score. He can plow his way into the endzone.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #12
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

I too love Vonta, on 3rd 1 or 4th 1 I always yell "GIVE IT TO VONTA." He by far has the best touchdown celebration, I love the play action toss to him in the endzone play.
Old 10-27-2008   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
LOL! That's good stuff.

I actually truly began to notice Leach's beastiness last season against the Broncos. He was lighting defender's up like Christmas trees that game. Sure, I took notice of him before that, but that was the game that spring-boarded him to the Beast Level.

To me, the Beast Level means you are Beast on a consistant basis.

Players that have achieved Beasthood:

AJ = Beast
MW = Beast
Dunta (pre-injury, but likely post-injury too) = Beast
Leach = Beast
OD = Beast
D-Ryans = Beast
Winston = Beast

Players on the Beasthood bubble:

Slaton = He needs to continue consistant play beyond rookie year
Schaub = Turnovers have kept Schaub from Beasthood. Fix that, he's in
Pitts = Texan since day one, but needs nasty streak like our boy Winston
Bennett = Flirted with Beasthood, but fell out due to Coaches. Why I don't know. He'll get there

*Disclaimer* This Beast Level is a product of HOU-TEX's imagination only.
Old 10-27-2008   #14
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Slaton = He needs to continue consistant play beyond rookie year
Schaub = Turnovers have kept Schaub from Beasthood. Fix that, he's in
Pitts = Texan since day one, but needs nasty streak like our boy Winston
Bennett = Flirted with Beasthood, but fell out due to Coaches. Why I don't know. He'll get there

*Disclaimer* This Beast Level is a product of HOU-TEX's imagination only.
KW? not even bubble?
JJ? only for punt return guy bubble
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #15
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Look at this clip from NFL.com - it's the Slaton 20-yard TD run.

Keep your eyes fixed on Leach for the whole clip - even after the initial block, he literally just SITS on the guy. Awesome. He's playing like a man possessed.

I found this clip over at atexansblog.com.

Seriously - put up with the 15 second ad and watch the clip.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
KW? not even bubble?
JJ? only for punt return guy bubble
I reckon Walter can be added to some lists. To me, Walter is a lunch pail type guy. Which is quite commendable and could probably be in a group of it's own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

Keep your eyes fixed on Leach for the whole clip - even after the initial block, he literally just SITS on the guy. Awesome. He's playing like a man possessed.

Thanks, man. I was looking around for action clips and photos, but they just don't pay much attention to the big guy.
Old 10-27-2008   #17
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

No problem - I love that clip - after the block, Vonta jumps all over that guy's ass like he was an MMA fighter!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #18
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

It's actually a real good sequence for watching multiple players.

VL - destroys his man
AJ - Drives his man into the backfield
CP - presses his man inside
CM - quick assist block, then off to 2nd level to hit the LB - it's the last guy Slaton makes the cut back inside from
OD - comes inside to block - no one there to hit
ES - pulls way out to block and pretty well whiffs
EW - pretty must uses his backside as a body shield
MB - makes a second level "dive at the legs" to keep the DE off Slaton until the endzone

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read