Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2008   #21
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans on Keye (Austin Fans)

I got my games mixed up. It was the Detroit game that was FOX which is odd since it was a Texans home game.
Old 10-27-2008   #22
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I got my games mixed up. It was the Detroit game that was FOX which is odd since it was a Texans home game.
Yeah, as Mailman said in the earlier post, the road team's network carry the game if the two teams are not in the same conference. Case and point this week against Minnesota, AFC is the road team so it will be on CBS.
Old 10-28-2008   #23
atxlaurie
Rookie

Rep Power: 8 atxlaurie is a Pro Bowleratxlaurie is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dolphins vs Texans was a Fox game

This past week they aired the early game for some odd reason. Could not get a straight answer from Gary Vinson.
I'm thinking they aired the Saints in London game because of Drew Brees. Remember he's Westlake High School and the local news always talks about his game, usually third or fourth(after the cowgirls, titans, and before or after the Texans). Since they don't have Vince to follow, he's the next best thing.
atxlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #24
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I have been by there but have not had a chance to check it out, the one in RR that is, how is it? how are the prices?
Its not tooo bad, its pretty much like downtown. Its in a good location and plenty of parking but it gets packed.
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #25
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxlaurie View Post
I'm thinking they aired the Saints in London game because of Drew Brees. Remember he's Westlake High School and the local news always talks about his game, usually third or fourth(after the cowgirls, titans, and before or after the Texans). Since they don't have Vince to follow, he's the next best thing.
Yeah I have seen them talk about Brees. The only good thing is that Brees is NFC and they would burn the Fox station down if they took of the cowboys hahaha.
Old 10-29-2008   #26
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

My time warner box says that the Texans game will be on , im still down for 3rd base in RR if anyone wants to meet up?
Old 10-29-2008   #27
Alex'sTexan's
Rookie

Never been to 3rd Base in RR. Is there a large room full of Texan fans with the sound up real loud like downtown?
Alex'sTexan's is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2008   #28
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

On the question if the minny game will be shown on KEYE -

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2008-09-CBS.html

All signs point to yes. Also, someone got a mail a week ago from the manager, Gary Vision, saying that KEYE will show the Minny Vs. Houston game, so I'm pretty it will be on but with KEYE you'll never know...
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #29
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The network of the visiting team is always the one that gets the broadcast (except of course for Sunday/Monday/Thursday night games).

That's why our Fox games this year were/will be the Lions and the Bears.
Old 10-29-2008   #30
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
On the question if the minny game will be shown on KEYE -

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2008-09-CBS.html

All signs point to yes. Also, someone got a mail a week ago from the manager, Gary Vision, saying that KEYE will show the Minny Vs. Houston game, so I'm pretty it will be on but with KEYE you'll never know...
I also got from him after I complained about them not showing the last game.
Old 10-29-2008   #31
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Just came across this article...

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Several members of the U.S. Senate say the National Football League is not making enough football games available on free television for local fans.

The NFL has said that it provides free television broadcasts in the home cities of competing teams.

But the senators have written a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell saying the NFL is too narrowly interpreting what constitutes a home city.

For example, Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter says the NFL does not consider the western Pennsylvania town of Johnstown to be part of the home market of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The senators are asking the NFL to reconsider its policy.

A message left with the NFL was not immediately returned.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6083740.html

interesting. So this mean if Goodell does change the rule to the senate suggestion then KEYE will have to show the Texans game whenever they play on CBS.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read