Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-26-2008   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default where are all the haters

we win and look good so naturally the board is dead. i swear there are some posters on this board who want us to look bad so they will have something to comlpain about.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #2
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: where are all the haters

dont worry they will find something

Old 10-26-2008   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there are a lot of fans who won't buy in until we beat a good team. The Vikings aren't great, but to beat them on the road (when we're such a horrible road team) would bring'em out of the woodwork I guarantee you.

I'm so looking forward to the next game. This was a great confidence builder against a bad team... now they take that on the road against an okay team that will be favored to beat them. I smell an upset.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I think there are a lot of fans who won't buy in until we beat a good team. The Vikings aren't great, but to beat them on the road (when we're such a horrible road team) would bring'em out of the woodwork I guarantee you.

I'm so looking forward to the next game. This was a great confidence builder against a bad team... now they take that on the road against an okay team that will be favored to beat them. I smell an upset.
yea... I wasn't on here much during the Lions week because I expected us to beat them. A lot of people expected us to beat these teams. No one is going to buy in until we play like this against a team above our at our level. I was happy that we beat these two teams...but for some reason all I can think about is that we should have beat the Jags and the Colts I know that is way in the past...just hard as a fan to knowing what could have been.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #5
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
we win and look good so naturally the board is dead. i swear there are some posters on this board who want us to look bad so they will have something to comlpain about.

I wish that people who decide to post messages in public view, taking others to task, would learn to use spell check.

Learning when to use capitalization would be a plus.

Happy now?...

with you.

Old 10-26-2008   #6
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty much two beatings in a row against the worst two teams in football isn't much to galvanize the fan base. The Dolphins game was a good one but these were both glorified scrimages.

Probably these two wins only really accomplished costing the Texans Brian Orakpo

Last edited by The1ApplePie; 10-27-2008 at 12:02 AM.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't know, am I a "hater"?

Just checking because everyone has a slightly different version of what makes a hater. To some people I am and to others I'm not. Anyone who really thinks that Richard Smith's defense turned a meaningful corner today could probably classify me as a hater if I started writing about that. I won't though becuase I'm in a good mood right now. The team finally put a bad team down and kept them there. That was a lot of fun and so I see no reason to dwell on what I saw that was wrong today (and yes, there were things wrong). Instead I'm just going to enjoy all the stuff that went right.
Old 10-27-2008   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Just checking because everyone has a slightly different version of what makes a hater. To some people I am and to others I'm not. Anyone who really thinks that Richard Smith's defense turned a meaningful corner today could probably classify me as a hater if I started writing about it but I'm in a good mood right now because the team finally put a bad team down and kept them there.
I guess I'm a hater too, because I'm totally with you. Nobody roots for this team harder than I do - but like you said - these are teams they SHOULD beat. Now - if they win on the road against the Vikings? Sheeeeeeeeit - that will have me jumping out of my skin!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd guess I'm a hater. I'm just ecstatic right now that the Texans handled two of the worst teams in the league. One of them convincingly.

Seriously, this is a step in the right direction - the Texans have won three in a row against one team around their level and two they should have beaten. In years past the team would have lost at least one of those games. The proof will be in how they handle average and above average teams, as other posters have already stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
I wish that people who decide to post messages in public view, taking others to task, would learn to use spell check.

Happy now?...

with you.

This comment is, or could easily have been, directed at me. I don't correct the spelling of people who disagree with me. I do for those who call others dolts and imbeciles because those other people disagree with their own inflated, self-important opinions. There's a difference.
Old 10-27-2008   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
dont worry they will find something

If I have one complaint from todays game its the 57% third down conversion rate for the Bungles.

Other than that , no complaints.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

most other teams dont hate the texans IMO we are one of the most well liked fans around the league and team and one of the most ignored

the only fans that really kinda hate us are

Titans
cowboys and saints

thats about it really

its not like we are the philly or boston of the NFL LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #12
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

i wasnt talking about any of you guys. there are a couple of guys inparticular, but mainly just the fact that after wins there are less people here posting than after a loss. guess just human nature.
Old 10-27-2008   #13
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post

Happy now?...

with you.

is there a spell check on here? you will just have to deal with the capitalization, cause i refuse. i would use spell check if you will point me to it.
Old 10-27-2008   #14
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I'd guess I'm a hater. I'm just ecstatic right now that the Texans handled two of the worst teams in the league. One of them convincingly.

Seriously, this is a step in the right direction - the Texans have won three in a row against one team around their level and two they should have beaten. In years past the team would have lost at least one of those games. The proof will be in how they handle average and above average teams, as other posters have already stated.

This comment is, or could easily have been, directed at me. I don't correct the spelling of people who disagree with me. I do for those who call others dolts and imbeciles because those other people disagree with their own inflated, self-important opinions. There's a difference.

Runner...Not sure what you mean by this.

I directed no comment toward you...I called no one a dolt or imbecile...I never have, never will.

I don't recall correcting the spelling in any of your posts', or any other post.

I added a j/k smilie so markbeth wouldn't take offense and would realize it was all in good fun.

I don't see in my post where I disagreed with anyone....or expressed an inflated, self-important opinion, or any other type of opinion.

If I misinterpreted your response I apologize in advance.

Old 10-27-2008   #15
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Quote:
is there a spell check on here? you will just have to deal with the capitalization, cause i refuse. i would use spell check if you will point me to it.
So glad to see you took the post in the manner it was intended.

You were looking for all the complainers...I couldn't complain about the game so I jokingly complained about your spelling. I think others might have taken umbrage to it.

I'm not a stickler for spelling or punctuation in other posters comments.

I try to use correct spelling and punctuation in deference to the late Sister Evangelist who was my English teacher in HS. Just a personal thing.

Thanks for understanding.

Old 10-27-2008   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yuo imbisals!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #17
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Yuo imbisals!
He plays basketball...this is a football forum.

Old 10-27-2008   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Just checking because everyone has a slightly different version of what makes a hater. To some people I am and to others I'm not. Anyone who really thinks that Richard Smith's defense turned a meaningful corner today could probably classify me as a hater if I started writing about that. I won't though becuase I'm in a good mood right now. The team finally put a bad team down and kept them there. That was a lot of fun and so I see no reason to dwell on what I saw that was wrong today (and yes, there were things wrong). Instead I'm just going to enjoy all the stuff that went right.
I agree. I'm going to enjoy this for a day or so. Maybe watch it a couple more of times....

But by Weds I'll start fretting about going on the road to Adrian Peterson and Minnesota.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #19
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I agree. I'm going to enjoy this for a day or so. Maybe watch it a couple more of times....

But by Weds I'll start fretting about going on the road to Adrian Peterson and Minnesota.
I will second this comment.

Plus, speaking for the people who went to the game, we are tired. Four tailgates/games in four weeks took it out of us. We are happy, just tired. I got on last night looked around, read some threads and went to bed at 8:30. Which I am now paying for by being up at 4:30.
Old 10-27-2008   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if you look at the big picture ... which is playoffs ... then we have a ways to go . I'm happy we've won but as mentioned in other post we beat the teams we should have beaten . Ultimate giddyness cannot be achieved because of the way we blew the game before the streak and we'll have to steal a few games to get that back .

I'm clinging to 6-9 the rest of the season to put us at 9-7 for the year .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read