Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2008   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our remaining schedule.....

Sure wish they would both lose.

Here's to a bad game with lots of injuries! LOL.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #22
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
A while back when we were 0-4 I posted stating that we could very well go on a 12 game winning streak. So I thought I would review our remaining games.

Vikings. W

Ravens. W

Indy. W

The Browns. W

The Jags. W

The Pack. ?

The Titans. ?

The Raiders. Lol W

The Bears. W
I am not sure if this team can go 12-4, more like 11-5 or 10-6, but if they play like they have these past two games against "real" teams like the Vikings, then I will be convinced this team can go 12-4.

I see the potential for the Texans to win every game from here on out, but the Packers and Titans have got me worried. Packers win big, but when they lose, they lose big as well. This game will be tough, most likely decided by a FG or a TD.

The Titans, I have been hoping ever since they went 4-0 that they would eventually lose, now they are 6-0, maybe Monday will be the day? I have always thought of the Titans being lucky, but its hard to call it luck anymore after they have won six in a row. This game, will be the toughest game the Texans will have this season by far, if they somehow pull a win from this, they will definitely go all the way to the Super Bowl and win it.

Last edited by Kulluminatii; 10-27-2008 at 01:18 AM. Reason: forgot to complete post>.<
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #23
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
The Texans at this point look like they can compete with any team in the league after our horrendous start. Competing with good teams and beating them are two different things though.
Just curious, with 8 weeks (minus one game) down, what teams fall into your definition of good? I think that's a pretty small number of teams, and we only play one or two of them in the last nine games of the season, but you may be viewing it differently.
Old 10-27-2008   #24
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

There is Hope and thats all we can ask for after losing 4 straight
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #25
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Lets just take it a week at a time to avoid major disappointment....

I think we can beat the Vikings...they have little to no offense...usually we are worried about our secondary playing defense moreso than our LBs and Dline...the Vikings don't scare anyone when passing and we got Dunta back who is coming back to form pretty quickly. I think we can win this next game.
I'm on this band wagon. Bury the Cincinnati game. Worry about stopping all day Peterson. I sure wish Okam wasn't in the dog house.
Old 10-27-2008   #26
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

More realistically:

@ Vikings = loss (close)

Ravens = win (barely)

@ Colts = loss (another bad one)

@ Browns = loss

Jaguars = win

@ Packers = loss (this one's bad)

Titans = loss (not much better)

@ Raiders = win

Bears = win (barely)

We'll need that last big win against the Bears just to get 7 wins.

I'm sorry, but my thinking is that our D still sux against a good offense and Schaub WILL make mistakes when the pressure (both kinds) is on. We are an 8-8 team that has already blown at least one big opportunity this year.

There's a LOT of things that could make us better than my projections: Eugene Wilson, Dunta Robinson's health, Fred Bennett, Reeves learning to look for the ball, Okoye getting a grip, Okam, just to name a few. My guess is some of those that could seriously help this D won't get to play much and the others just won't do it.

Then we can replace Richard Smith and have a Defense next year.

PS-I realize we just held the Bengals to 6 points, but they are an 0-8 team. We have a play-off calibur offense with a Defense that hasn't proven squat. Remember when our D used to win games 20-0? Well, this is the opposite.

Last edited by HJam72; 10-27-2008 at 05:43 AM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #27
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

All games from now one are winnable, whether we succeed or not is a question of what D shows up. Our first half intimidated D, or our poised, aggressive and D-rob-inspired second half D?

If our second half D shows up, the sky is the limit, but at the moment I'm just enjoying a big win and an almost flawless offense!
Old 10-27-2008   #28
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
You smoke crack. a lot of crack. Homer crack. Got any you want to share? I think we could go to the playoffs but a 1st round bye with the tacks at 6-0?? That's unimaginable. The tacks have finally figured out that VY is a bust at QB and are ROLLIN' with a bad ass running game. WC teams don't get bye weeks. We play Buffalo in the 1st round of the playoffs and get revenge for '92.>>>passes the pipe<<<
Sure the Taks are 6-0 right now, but, they still gotta play the Colts twice and then the second half of there division schedule and the Steelers.

There is a good chance they become 11-5 while the Texans go 12-4.

This is good crack.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #29
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
AP kinda scares me but u know what scares me more

The vikes reciveing core there not the tough bulky kind of players there slim light and fast

THe vikes also have a decent front D line

and has far has the sechudle goes i said it at the beginning of the year ITS ALL ABOUT DIVISON GAMES Nuff said

Jaks lost today now we need indy to beat tenn and we will be right back in the think of things

once we win 2 more of course ONTO MINN and BALTY !!!!
"Decent"?? Those Williams boys they have at defensive tackle are slightly smaller, faster versions of Haynesworth. Did I mention that one of them (Kevin) has only one less sack than Mario? On any given play they'll be lined up over Myers who isn't exactly our strongest O-lineman. Oh, and they traded for some dude named Jared Allen who has 5.5 sacks himself.

Yeah, they might be pretty "decent".

Our O-line better bring workgloves and a lunchpail because its gonna be a long day.

(and here I said I would hold off fretting about Minn. until Weds.)
Old 10-27-2008   #30
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Sure the Taks are 6-0 right now, but, they still gotta play the Colts twice and then the second half of there division schedule and the Steelers.

There is a good chance they become 11-5 while the Texans go 12-4.

This is good crack.
Thats not crack. He's gone past crack.
Crack won't make you hallucinate like this.

That's genuine Apache-grown peyote

That's Timothy Leary quality, military-grade LSD.

Be careful with that stuff.... your ability to distinguish between "the trip" and reality will go up in smoke if you keep using that stuff.
Old 10-27-2008   #31
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11948 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

It was just a few weeks ago after the Indianapolis game that many people on this board wanted to fire the coach, bench Matt Schaub and take a number of other half-cocked draconian actions. That was based on an 0-3 start and a really disappointing loss to the Colts. Now the Texans have beaten three of the worst teams in the NFL in consecutive weeks and some of you are talking about running the table, or close to it. Please.

I would love to see the Texans reach 10-6 and earn a playoff spot. I really hope that happens and I do believe they are good enough to contend for a playoff spot this year. However, I will also be quite pleased if the Texans can climb to 9-7 and establish themselves as a bonafide winning team.

To go 10-6, the Texans must finish the year 7-2, which would be truly amazing.
To go 9-7, the Texans must finish the year 6-3, which will be tough and is not a gimme by any means.

I hope we do not set ourselves up for a huge disappointment by establishing unreasonable expectations for the Texans. The Texans are a team on the rise. These are fun times. Let's enjoy them.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #32
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
"Decent"?? Those Williams boys they have at defensive tackle are slightly smaller, faster versions of Haynesworth. Did I mention that one of them (Kevin) has only one less sack than Mario? On any given play they'll be lined up over Myers who isn't exactly our strongest O-lineman. Oh, and they traded for some dude named Jared Allen who has 5.5 sacks himself.

Our O-line better bring workgloves and a lunchpail because its gonna be a long day.

I agree with you, Obsi. IMO, our center and RG are our weakest links along the line. The Williams' might have a field day with Meyers and Brisiel.

Jared Allen is good, but honestly, I fear the Williams' more than Allen.
Old 10-27-2008   #33
FR0497
Rookie

Rep Power: 268 FR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
It was just a few weeks ago after the Indianapolis game that many people on this board wanted to fire the coach, bench Matt Schaub and take a number of other half-cocked draconian actions. That was based on an 0-3 start and a really disappointing loss to the Colts. Now the Texans have beaten three of the worst teams in the NFL in consecutive weeks and some of you are talking about running the table, or close to it. Please.

I would love to see the Texans reach 10-6 and earn a playoff spot. I really hope that happens and I do believe they are good enough to contend for a playoff spot this year. However, I will also be quite pleased if the Texans can climb to 9-7 and establish themselves as a bonafide winning team.

To go 9-7, the Texans must finish the year 6-3, which will be tough and is not a gimme by any means.

I hope we do not set ourselves up for a huge disappointment by establishing unreasonable expectations for the Texans. The Texans are a team on the rise. These are fun times. Let's enjoy them.
If we go 9-7 and miss the playoffs it will really hurt. We could have easily had 2 more wins with the Jags and Colts game and possibly another with the Titans if we wouldn't have dropped 2 (or 3) TD passes. We should be at least 5-2 in a race for our division with the Colts and Jags a few games back.

And for those that say we havent played good teams, well Jags and especially the Colts needed us to give them there W's. And even though we beat 3 lowly teams, I'm sure the Texans' confidence is sky high right now.
FR0497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #34
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post

The Texans are a good team. Our remaining schedule favors us. Look at our opponents. All of them winnable.

The Pitt game we looked awful. Our guys came in expecting to lose and it showed. The Titan game was a result of bad coaching. Going for it consecutive drives when you should of kicked the field goal cost us that game. The Jags game was disappointing. Should of been a win. Our D was still learning how to stop people. The Indy game was a disaster, yet another victory stolen. Out of our 4 losses three came up short by a few plays.

We beat the teams we are supposed to beat and now we are going to go on the road and beat a team that matches up with us closely.

There is no reason we cant run the table.

Old 10-27-2008   #35
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8236 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

The next three are tough no matter how you slice it. Vikings is a winable road game just because of how their offense has struggled at times except for Peterson. He may be the only back I have ever seen punish 8 and 9 man fronts. Thats just crazy. We can't go up there making mistakes and shooting ourselves in the foot. We have to keep Peterson under control and make them beat us with the passing game. Ravens at home will be tough just because of how physical they are on defense, again turnover margain will be key. If we play smart and not give them short fields we can beat them too. The Indy game I dont know what to say just because we know we had them beat 3 weeks ago and let them off the hook. I have been saying since sept the colts were beatable this year, but the fact we have never even had a close game at their place is why I am not overly confident. I want to see where we are 3 weeks from now. If we can go 2-1 in this stretch its going to be fun in Decemeber.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #36
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

And the nice thing is we dont have to face those two DT's only JA. So that makes them only decent. We actually should be able to run on these guys because of that. We may very well see our offense from the last several weeks back on the field in Minnisota. The game is very winnable. The defense has to show up though..........
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #37
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
And the nice thing is we dont have to face those two DT's only JA. So that makes them only decent. We actually should be able to run on these guys because of that. We may very well see our offense from the last several weeks back on the field in Minnisota. The game is very winnable. The defense has to show up though..........
Has that been verified though? I know they are among those that got caught with the banned substance but I won't be surprised if they get their appeals pushed back a few more weeks.
Old 10-27-2008   #38
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Has that been verified though? I know they are among those that got caught with the banned substance but I won't be surprised if they get their appeals pushed back a few more weeks.
Not verified yet .... There is a thread in the NFL section on this subject.

I expect it to be a week or two before they are done with this crap ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #39
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Teams ahead of us for the Wild Card:

New England 5-2
NYJ 4-3
Baltimore 4-3

Tied with:

Jags 3-4
Colts 3-4
Browns 3-4
Dolphins 3-4
Chargers 3-5

Well, the AFC sucks again but maybe this means the Texans can sniff the playoffs.

Old 10-28-2008   #40
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

SUperbowl baby INTILL proven otherwise YEAH !!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read