Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-26-2008   #1
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Our remaining schedule.....

A while back when we were 0-4 I posted stating that we could very well go on a 12 game winning streak. So I thought I would review our remaining games.

Da Vikings. A very winnable game. If anything we are catching the Vikes at a good time. The key to this game is stopping Peterson and making Gus beat us. The Vikes have an average D and if they lose both DT's for this next game its really gonna hurt. This is a team in the same state mentally as the Texans where at the beginning of the year. This may not be an easy W for us but we pull off the upset.

Ravens. Its a home game. Nuff said. But Flaco does scare the pee pee out of me. And if Ray Ray decides he wants to play this could be a long game. Also this is a 34 and Brown has struggled against that scheme. This is going to be a close game but still a W is a W.

Indy. Road game sure. The Colts, sure. But Lucas Oil field is not the RCA Dome and the Colts have not been themselves. We go into Indy and put up a W. I also think we go in there with a chip on our shoulders and win convincingly. We are going to let the old regime know there is a new sheriff in town.

The Browns. Its crappy in Cleveland. No one likes to go there. Its depressing, gloomy, gray, and has an odor. But we will be playing Cleveland for a possible playoff spot and will need this win. So hopefully we avoid the mistake by the lake part tres.

The Jags. We are home, Monday night game, Battle Red, its the Jags and pay backs a *****. This team sucks and got lucky when they did beat us. This is gonna be another nationally televised beat down.

The Pack. Now this is where I think we could falter, but I will stand by my prediction that we win. The negs going into that game is a short week, we play at Lambo, and we play at Lambo in the freezing freakin cold. The Pack is a lot like the Texans only with a better D. I still think we can pull it out though.

The Titans. Again, we are home, and again pay backs a *****. We had ourselves positioned to win that game the first time but made a few bone headed decisions with our play calling which appears to have corrected itself. It seems our team has figured out a way to win. We win this game.

The Raiders. They suck. W.

The Bears. I personally think this game is gonna stink. At this point we have clinched a playoff birth and a first round bye and will probably rest most of our starters. The Bears in turn have also clinched and will most likely be resting there starters. Its going to be the battle of the back ups. Our back ups are still better than theres so we close out the regular season on a happy note.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our remaining schedule.....

Man, I like your thinking. Sure hope this happens.
Old 10-26-2008   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we win next week in Minnesota and beat the Ravens at home to give us a 5 game win streak going to Indy. If we can play against them like we did today or in the first 55 minutes of the last game we played against them, we could easily beat the Colts. They have looked weak.
Old 10-26-2008   #4
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

If we show up and beat the Vikings like I think we can I will have a hard time fighting off some serious optimism. But until then I refuse to start marking off any games as W's. We have been a much different team on the road this year and this was the easiest three game stretch we will see. Having said that today's game was seriously fun to watch and I hope we can keep it up.
Old 10-26-2008   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Next week we play the Vikings. I don't think past next week during football season anymore. The Texans broke me of that some time ago.
Old 10-26-2008   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Gotta take it one game at a time...

on to the Vikings.
Old 10-26-2008   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans at this point look like they can compete with any team in the league after our horrendous start. Competing with good teams and beating them are two different things though.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2008   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
The Texans at this point look like they can compete with any team in the league after our horrendous start. Competing with good teams and beating them are two different things though.
That's true. If they contain Adrian next week and win us a road game, I will be leaving the Pink Soap club. Consistency is the next step for this team before we can even talk about playoffs.
Old 10-26-2008   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
A while back when we were 0-4 I posted stating that we could very well go on a 12 game winning streak. So I thought I would review our remaining games.

Da Vikings. A very winnable game. If anything we are catching the Vikes at a good time. The key to this game is stopping Peterson and making Gus beat us. The Vikes have an average D and if they lose both DT's for this next game its really gonna hurt. This is a team in the same state mentally as the Texans where at the beginning of the year. This may not be an easy W for us but we pull off the upset.

Ravens. Its a home game. Nuff said. But Flaco does scare the pee pee out of me. And if Ray Ray decides he wants to play this could be a long game. Also this is a 34 and Brown has struggled against that scheme. This is going to be a close game but still a W is a W.

Indy. Road game sure. The Colts, sure. But Lucas Oil field is not the RCA Dome and the Colts have not been themselves. We go into Indy and put up a W. I also think we go in there with a chip on our shoulders and win convincingly. We are going to let the old regime know there is a new sheriff in town.

The Browns. Its crappy in Cleveland. No one likes to go there. Its depressing, gloomy, gray, and has an odor. But we will be playing Cleveland for a possible playoff spot and will need this win. So hopefully we avoid the mistake by the lake part tres.

The Jags. We are home, Monday night game, Battle Red, its the Jags and pay backs a *****. This team sucks and got lucky when they did beat us. This is gonna be another nationally televised beat down.

The Pack. Now this is where I think we could falter, but I will stand by my prediction that we win. The negs going into that game is a short week, we play at Lambo, and we play at Lambo in the freezing freakin cold. The Pack is a lot like the Texans only with a better D. I still think we can pull it out though.

The Titans. Again, we are home, and again pay backs a *****. We had ourselves positioned to win that game the first time but made a few bone headed decisions with our play calling which appears to have corrected itself. It seems our team has figured out a way to win. We win this game.

The Raiders. They suck. W.

The Bears. I personally think this game is gonna stink. At this point we have clinched a playoff birth and a first round bye and will probably rest most of our starters. The Bears in turn have also clinched and will most likely be resting there starters. Its going to be the battle of the back ups. Our back ups are still better than theres so we close out the regular season on a happy note.
You smoke crack. a lot of crack. Homer crack. Got any you want to share? I think we could go to the playoffs but a 1st round bye with the tacks at 6-0?? That's unimaginable. The tacks have finally figured out that VY is a bust at QB and are ROLLIN' with a bad ass running game. WC teams don't get bye weeks. We play Buffalo in the 1st round of the playoffs and get revenge for '92.>>>passes the pipe<<<
Old 10-26-2008   #10
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Lets just take it a week at a time to avoid major disappointment....

I think we can beat the Vikings...they have little to no offense...usually we are worried about our secondary playing defense moreso than our LBs and Dline...the Vikings don't scare anyone when passing and we got Dunta back who is coming back to form pretty quickly. I think we can win this next game.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #11
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans would be getting sooo much love nationally if we were to win 8-12 games straight. I know that seemed unthinkable a few years ago but it seems like other teams' fans are becoming aware that the Texans are good. BSPN would be forced to talk about us. Excellent. (M. Burns voice)
Old 10-26-2008   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
That's true. If they contain Adrian next week and win us a road game, I will be leaving the Pink Soap club. Consistency is the next step for this team before we can even talk about playoffs.
You know damn well thats the key to winning next week ..... That and keeping Schaub upright against a very tough front seven.

I wont go so far as to leave the pink soap club if they can keep AP in check , the rest of that offense is down right offensive.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

AP kinda scares me but u know what scares me more

The vikes reciveing core there not the tough bulky kind of players there slim light and fast

THe vikes also have a decent front D line

and has far has the sechudle goes i said it at the beginning of the year ITS ALL ABOUT DIVISON GAMES Nuff said

Jaks lost today now we need indy to beat tenn and we will be right back in the think of things

once we win 2 more of course ONTO MINN and BALTY !!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
AP kinda scares me but u know what scares me more

The vikes reciveing core there not the tough bulky kind of players there slim light and fast

THe vikes also have a decent front D line

and has far has the sechudle goes i said it at the beginning of the year ITS ALL ABOUT DIVISON GAMES Nuff said

Jaks lost today now we need indy to beat tenn and we will be right back in the think of things

once we win 2 more of course ONTO MINN and BALTY !!!!
Division games are the most important, but you can't just shrug off the other games. We need to win every game.

I don't understand why everyone is rooting for the Titans to lose in a technical sense. We all hate the Tacks, but to be honest if you are talking about playoffs, our best shot is at a wildcard. Unless the Titans implode they will take the division, therefore we should root for the Colts to lose to improve our chances.
Old 10-27-2008   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Division games are the most important, but you can't just shrug off the other games. We need to win every game.

I don't understand why everyone is rooting for the Titans to lose in a technical sense. We all hate the Tacks, but to be honest if you are talking about playoffs, our best shot is at a wildcard. Unless the Titans implode they will take the division, therefore we should root for the Colts to lose to improve our chances.
That's what I was thinking, but I just can't stand rooting for the Titans to stay undefeated.

Assuming the Colts did lose, we would be in a 3-way tie for 2nd place....although, we blew what should've been wins against BOTH of those teams.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #16
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not if the Tacks lose 10 in a row!
Old 10-27-2008   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Texans & Titan fans have grown to hate each other the most i cant root For the titans never either way if indy or titans lose it will be a non void for us really

indy fans still think there elite over us

and i dont mind the jags infact i kinda respect them

but TItans and there FANS NEVER !!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Texans & Titan fans have grown to hate each other the most i cant root For the titans never either way if indy or titans lose it will be a non void for us really

I don't think this is about how WE feel. We might not mind the Jags too much, but their fans hate us because they are the team we have beaten most. That's kind of a reflection of how I feel about the Colts. I HATE the Colts, even though I have no real reason for it other than our obviously upsetting record against them.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
That's what I was thinking, but I just can't stand rooting for the Titans to stay undefeated.

Assuming the Colts did lose, we would be in a 3-way tie for 2nd place....although, we blew what should've been wins against BOTH of those teams.
I would not mind seeing the Titans coming into Reliant undefeated ..... just so they could leave with a loss ....

The Texans HAVE to beat both Indy and Jax next in the next meetings if they are going to talk postseason.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #20
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:

Yea man, I agree with you there. To be honest I see the Tacks/Shoes game as a win/win situation for the Texans.

A) The Tacks lose... HECK YEA!
B) The Colts lose and our wildcard chances improve.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read