Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-26-2008   #1
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bench Schaub, start Sage NOW!!!

LOL!

I kid.

Seriously, can we give some love to Schaub? He KILLED it today. I didn't get to watch the whole game because I was traveling to Katy for dinner with my pops, but 24/28? C'mon now...that's pretty durn good.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bench Schaub, start Sage NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
LOL!

I kid.

Seriously, can we give some love to Schaub? He KILLED it today. I didn't get to watch the whole game because I was traveling to Katy for dinner with my pops, but 24/28? C'mon now...that's pretty durn good.
I thought I was watching Colt McCoy throw it around .... Until I remembered what stadium I was in.

Real good game by Schaub , now if he can only do that on the road next week .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #3
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub love? No way! Not when we have Rosencopter!

I was greatly out numbered in my section today by Schaub haters. I just don't get it. I think they were watching more for their opportunity to boo then to watch the Texans win. I was making snide comments in the fourth quarter to the effect that we should put Sage in to make it interesting.

Please don't make me eat those words Matt!!!!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #4
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post

I was greatly out numbered in my section today by Schaub haters. I just don't get it. I think they were watching more for their opportunity to boo then to watch the Texans win. I was making snide comments in the fourth quarter to the effect that we should put Sage in to make it interesting.

Wow, really? I don't know what game or QB those Schaub haters are watching, but he's had a couple really solid games. I know he still has to show consistent quality decision-making and he didn't face a tough defense this week, but our offense has really made it easier on the QB this year with a good running game and a ton of weapons at receiver.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 10-26-2008   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You have got to be kidding Vinnie. Folks were calling for Sage?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #6
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
I would ask to see their IDs. I'll betcha it was Paprika and Thyme Rosenfelds calling for Sage to play.

Old 10-26-2008   #7
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow, really? I don't know what game or QB those Schaub haters are watching, but he's had a couple really solid games. I know he still has to show consistent quality decision-making and he didn't face a tough defense this week, but our offense has really made it easier on the QB this year with a good running game and a ton of weapons at receiver.
Yes, Schaub had a great game the last two games, but the two teams we beat are 0 - 15.

I'll really be impressed if it's the same after the next two games.

GREAT GAME MATT!!!!!!!!!
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2008   #8
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldn't say they were yelling "Start Sage", but they were audibly angry at Schaub, especially in the first quarter when they had to punt on that first drive (the drive after JJ ran it in). They all shut up in the second half. I just don't get the contempt for him. I'm sure it's a combo of the injuries last year, the turnovers in the red zone, and what we gave up for him, but I think people need to get over it. He's going to do a lot more good for this team then bad in the long run, and I hope people start coming around to that.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldn't say they were yelling "Start Sage", but they were audibly angry at Schaub, especially in the first quarter when they had to punt on that first drive (the drive after JJ ran it in). They all shut up in the second half. I just don't get the contempt for him. I'm sure it's a combo of the injuries last year, the turnovers in the red zone, and what we gave up for him, but I think people need to get over it. He's going to do a lot more good for this team then bad in the long run, and I hope people start coming around to that.
I don't get it either. Seems like some folks just want to manufacture stuff to ***** about and others just want their guy to be the "Chosen one" and to do that they feel the need to drag the other guy down. I guess they see it as some sort of zero sum game rather than a good thing to have two guys that can play.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would ask to see their IDs. I'll betcha it was Paprika and Thyme Rosenfelds calling for Sage to play.
Ok ... Jen ... leave the herbs in the pantry .
Old 10-27-2008   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't get it either. Seems like some folks just want to manufacture stuff to ***** about and others just want their guy to be the "Chosen one" and to do that they feel the need to drag the other guy down. I guess they see it as some sort of zero sum game rather than a good thing to have two guys that can play.
I agree. Here is the funny part. the whole start Sage group isn't really posting after wins. That is like 3 nice games fro Schaub, including the J'Ville loss so they will wait to he has a bad one and talk about how Sage wouldn't do that...even though Schaub just got us our first 3 game streak. Some people truly just want to complain to prove a point instead of winning.
Old 10-27-2008   #12
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldn't say they were yelling "Start Sage", but they were audibly angry at Schaub.

They were Vince Young fans and they were actually yelling "Sausage" not Start Sage. Easy mistake.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Ok ... Jen ... leave the herbs in the pantry .
it'd be funny if he had a daughter named mary jane. maybe i'm the only one who'd chuckle at that.
Old 10-27-2008   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I was saying last game put in SAGE during midway through the 4th Quarter

I was thinking why are we playing our A team its time to put in are B and C team

we need to see what they got during a live game iam glad they gave moats a few carries tho

i wanted to see antwuan molden
Mcclover
cocharan
Robinson, DelJuan
Okam, Frank
Stevenson, Dan
Brisiel, Mike
Adibi, Xavier
Sapp, Cecil
Dreessen, Joel

and JJ on a WR slot

u know the rookies and some guys that dont get alot of play time

Last edited by Norg; 10-27-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I was saying last game put in SAGE during midway through the 4th Quarter
I was thinking why are we playing our A team its time to put in are B and C team

we need to see what they got during a live game iam glad they gave moats a few carries tho
*ahem* Do we not remember what Sage was able to do in the last 4 minutes of his last game? Let's just say he didn't really "put the game away" if you know what I mean.
Old 10-27-2008   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
*ahem* Do we not remember what Sage was able to do in the last 4 minutes of his last game? Let's just say he didn't really "put the game away" if you know what I mean.

well i figured we would give him a chance to redeem himself

we wouldnt do thing crazy with him just run run run then maybe short pass
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #17
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub has been consistent the last two games. I like it alot.

If he can keep up this level of play, we could be a dangerous team.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #18
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Put Mario at QB
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Schaub has been consistent the last two games. I like it alot.

If he can keep up this level of play, we could be a dangerous team.
The last 5 games he has the best QB rating in the NFL and that is with one game of him not playing due to illness and Sage in.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6079571.html

Quote:
Did you know that Matt Schaub, who set franchise records against the Bengals with his fourth consecutive game of 250 or more passing yards and a passer rating of 144.0, has the best passer rating in the league over the last five weeks? (Schaub was out one of those weeks — a loss against the Colts — because of an illness.)
Old 10-27-2008   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
The last 5 games he has the best QB rating in the NFL and that is with one game of him not playing due to illness and Sage in.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6079571.html
He had a great game with the Jags. I didn't like the Miami game all that much. He made some great plays, but I didn't think he was overly consistent.

It's good news though because it's one great game, a little bit of inconsistent game, and two more great games. I really like what I am seeing. Hopefully we can keep this up. Our receivers have ALOT of confidence right now, and it looks like Schaub has started to get some confidence as well.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read