Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2008   #41
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: there were some negatives - dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
I had been thinking about making a post like this..... You're right, we definitely do not have any dancers on the team. These guy's need some practice with End Zone dances, and celebrations... or just act like you've been there before...
IMO, that's what make them even more fun to watch as a fan.

Old 10-27-2008   #42
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4297 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Dance Travis, Dance!
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #43
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: there were some negatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
AMEN to that!! Shows a team with some spirit!! They're enjoying the game, celebrating in a way that will not get them penalized, and showing some "bonding" with fellow teammates. It's called POSITIVE attitude, something we haven't seen much of!! I love it!! Let um dance!!
I thought it was funny and was glad to see the guys having some fun. They certainly had something to be happy about, and I certainly won't be one to rain on their parade.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #44
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

We would be pissed if some white boys where dancing around on an oposing team.That's all I know.
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #45
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I liked the Anderson Conan dance.

The best part though was when he was running to the sidelines, he and Jacoby acted like they were going to jump up and bump each other and they faked it, stopped and shook hands real proper. It was hilarious.
yeah, i saw that too.
Old 10-27-2008   #46
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Rosenberg View Post
We would be pissed if some white boys where dancing around on an oposing team.That's all I know.
only because we let them score, or get a sack, or gave up a turnover and provided them reason to dance.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #47
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
only because we let them score, or get a sack, or gave up a turnover and provided them reason to dance.
I would be ticked.That's all I have to say about that.

Last edited by Sal Rosenberg; 10-27-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2008   #48
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Ranked in order of best to worst:

1.D-Rob Pick Dance
2.DA Conan
3.TJ Humpty-Dance
4.Walters Skater Kid

YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #49
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i liked the JJ texans Leap into momma Arms
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #50
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So long as these guys aren't shirking practice time/film study to choreograph these shenanigans, I'm cool with it. Clearly, our WRs not named Andre Johnson have given some thought to how they celebrate, and if that is the stuff out of which team chemistry springs, who am I to judge?

But, substantively speaking, here's how I would rate "Dancing with the Texans":

Mario's Hula Dance: 10. Topical, dominating and good hip action.

Schaub's horizontal spike: 0 on artistic merit, but a 10 on passion. I'd have given an 11 if he had shot an "Here's your 11" to his boo-birds.

Travis Johnson's moves: 8. Actually, more like a 5, but if this is what motivates TJ to rush the passer, then I'm for a little grade inflation.

The Dunta "I'm back, ********************rs": 7. Should be a 9, but it loses two points for the penalty. Normally, I'd DQ an entire dance if it draws a flag, but it's not Dunta's fault that his moves were sweet enough that his teammates just had to join in. And, to be honest, I'm just happy he's back.

Owen Daniels' Brush off the Haters (good call on the name, Mari-OWNED!): 6. Good idea, nice execution while being understated at the same time. I am fighting the desire to penalize him for the abominations he so obviously inspired the following week from his fellow receivers--I guess that's sort of like criticizing Van Halen for setting the stage for Winger and Dokken.

David Anderson: I'll give this a 2. One point for being a parody-of-a-parody (how post-modern of him!) and one point because he's playing great for a guy who looked like a longshot when training camp started. But, if this is the first (thus, presumably, best) of his hundreds of celebrations--well, Andre Davis can't get healthy fast enough.

Kevin Walter. Wrong. Just plain wrong.

Jacoby Jones. 5. Would be lower for lack of originality (do we need another Lambeau Leap?), but I, for one, appreciate his appreciation for family values. We should all hug our mothers more.

The Jones/Anderson handshake. 10. Sheer brilliance. Plus, I really like that these guys--who are competing for playing time--really seem to like each other.

And that's all I have to say about that . . .
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #51
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
The best part though was when he was running to the sidelines, he and Jacoby acted like they were going to jump up and bump each other and they faked it, stopped and shook hands real proper. It was hilarious.
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80bfb804

30 seconds into this one.
Old 10-27-2008   #52
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
Thanks. I love it. It was the dorkiest handshake to make it even better.
Old 10-27-2008   #53
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone see SportsCenter? They tied in the Texans dancing with Dancing with the Stars. It was funny. They had clips of the judges on the show giving "10s".
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #54
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I was extremely disappointed by the dance routines of our players. Clearly indicates that Kubiak is ignoring this part of the game. Hopefully next week we'll see some better routines from our players. Anderson's hip twitching thing was painful to watch. Let's hope the coaches get on the players and get some decent routines down pat.
Old 10-27-2008   #55
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Mario needs his red overalls back...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #56
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont usually watch conan but he talked about the anderson touchdown tonight, and demonstrated the string dance lol.
Old 10-28-2008   #57
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i dont usually watch conan but he talked about the anderson touchdown tonight, and demonstrated the string dance lol.
really? what'd he say?
Old 10-28-2008   #58
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

that was about it ... said he was watching nfl highlights and saw the touchdown dance, showed anderson from a couple angles, mentioned "cutting the string" at the end, and then did the dance several times. he added "nipple strings" and danced for barkley later in the show which was great lol.
Old 10-28-2008   #59
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
that was about it ... said he was watching nfl highlights and saw the touchdown dance, showed anderson from a couple angles, mentioned "cutting the string" at the end, and then did the dance several times. he added "nipple strings" and danced for barkley later in the show which was great lol.
He said he was watching Anderson in his boxers with lotion all over his chest and then was mad at the announcer for saying Anderson needed a better dance, so he added nipple strings.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #60
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone PLEAAAASE upload this dance to youtube. I was in the bullpen and didn't get a chance to see it.

And now I wanna...
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read