Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-26-2008   #21
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: there were some negatives

^true
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #22
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

They can't dance, but they were having fun.

Old 10-26-2008   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I say, Time to start Sage!!
You almost triggered my "Negative rep reaction" ..... insert the damn sarcasm smiley !

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #24
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess if you had to point out One negative from todays game it would have to be the Bungles conversion of 57% of their third downs ..... 8 of 14.

On the other hand , the Texans converted 77% on 10 of 13.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #25
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
It was Conan O'Brien's "String Dance." It's not meant to be good
Dude! My wife caught that too on the replay, I looked at her like she was crazy, but I stand corrected.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #26
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Those awesome Texans dances...

I hope there is a montage out there soon on youtube of all the hilarious dancing going on by our players during the game today.

Seriously, I couldn't stop laughing and probably wasted at least 10 minutes rewinding and laughing some more at those dances.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #27
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Those awesome Texans dances...

If there was a negative, it was our horrible, horrible dancing.

Except for Dunta's. Not that it was a good dance, but just to see him get a pick again - man, how awesome was that? He could have done ten backflips and punched Ocho Cinco in the face and I wouldn't have cared. Dunta's back!!!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2008   #28
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: there were some negatives - dancing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaYyYXtCZbc
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #29
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
That's just wrong.

Vinny, send them the King Kong dance...

...or the chicken dance

Heck, I'd rather see the SpecNatz shuffle..

but no more Conan O'Brian string dances
...please

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #30
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Your point? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that. Here's to the NASA engineers that called the game.

The point is the team is starting to swagger a little bit. That is a very good thing to starting a winning culture.
Hey! Watch it!
We post among you.
Old 10-27-2008   #31
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of them weren't here for the Atlanta debacle. That's the film I'd show them Tuesday. Put the happy dances away and tighten the chin straps and get back to work. IIRC, they were on a two game streak and went to Atlanta and laid the biggest egg I've ever seen.

The ones in my dog house are "the Boy" and Kubes. OK ? Dre is taking a beating from their Safeties the whole game. And you're telling me we've got no plays running the ball that unleashes the left tackle at the safeties on a right handed play ? No end a'rounds ? No screens ? No tosses....You stand there for four quarters and let the rainmaker take a beating and you do nothing but watch ? A$$ holes. My rain maker I would of stopped that chit and stopped it quick. There is a reason no one is a afraid of this team. And it starts at the top. This isn't tiddley winks. If you don't put up some stop signs and take care of your guys, they'll take a free hand. I'd of found something to put a big mans hat on those strutting safeties.
Old 10-27-2008   #32
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Did any of you see the Channel 13 texans recap show? They talked about this issue and then Spencer Tillman got up and broke it down and showed them how it's done......that man has some moves.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #33
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Some of them weren't here for the Atlanta debacle. That's the film I'd show them Tuesday. Put the happy dances away and tighten the chin straps and get back to work. IIRC, they were on a two game streak and went to Atlanta and laid the biggest egg I've ever seen.

The ones in my dog house are "the Boy" and Kubes. OK ? Dre is taking a beating from their Safeties the whole game. And you're telling me we've got no plays running the ball that unleashes the left tackle at the safeties on a right handed play ? No end a'rounds ? No screens ? No tosses....You stand there for four quarters and let the rainmaker take a beating and you do nothing but watch ? A$$ holes. My rain maker I would of stopped that chit and stopped it quick. There is a reason no one is a afraid of this team. And it starts at the top. This isn't tiddley winks. If you don't put up some stop signs and take care of your guys, they'll take a free hand. I'd of found something to put a big mans hat on those strutting safeties.
When Sharper and Walker and Glenn were here, there would have been payback. We're much too polite now. Especially since the TJ/Trent Green incident. We might get some bad press. Say what you will about "the Tacks", but no one abuses anyone on a Jeff Fisher team and doesn't get bruises in return.
Old 10-27-2008   #34
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You almost triggered my "Negative rep reaction" ..... insert the damn sarcasm smiley !

I like pushing it. Only an ***** would call for Sage after last night, I'm dumb but I would not consider myself an *****
Old 10-27-2008   #35
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I am glad someone else noticed it. Thats all they showed coming and going from the broadcast.

The dancing is lame...gay as the kids say. STOP IT! Act like you've been there before. Win something meaningful and then get down.

Kubes should put a stop to it....now!!!
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #36
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
They haven't had much to dance about - let 'em dance!
AMEN to that!! Shows a team with some spirit!! They're enjoying the game, celebrating in a way that will not get them penalized, and showing some "bonding" with fellow teammates. It's called POSITIVE attitude, something we haven't seen much of!! I love it!! Let um dance!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008   #37
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the Anderson Conan dance.

The best part though was when he was running to the sidelines, he and Jacoby acted like they were going to jump up and bump each other and they faked it, stopped and shook hands real proper. It was hilarious.
Old 10-27-2008   #38
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
you know someone is going to bring out the bad things about today's game. could not help but notice that our team really cant dance. i dont think we will be seeing any texans on dancing with the stars for some time.

my vote for worst dance is probably kevin walters kick start.
I had been thinking about making a post like this..... You're right, we definitely do not have any dancers on the team. These guy's need some practice with End Zone dances, and celebrations... or just act like you've been there before...
Old 10-27-2008   #39
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
AMEN to that!! Shows a team with some spirit!! They're enjoying the game, celebrating in a way that will not get them penalized, and showing some "bonding" with fellow teammates. It's called POSITIVE attitude, something we haven't seen much of!! I love it!! Let um dance!!
No Kidding. And they are not acting like Chad or TO and making it all about them and they are making it about the team.
Old 10-27-2008   #40
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

According to Walter, he was skateboarding
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read