Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bryan Pittman tests positive for banned substance

gtexan02

Working?
Apparently I was beat to the punch! Shoot :) Mods feel free to move or delete this

Mortensen also confirmed that Houston Texans long snapper Bryan Pittman is among those players to test positive for using a weight-loss supplement.

Pittman is expected to appeal the findings of his test and has hired attorney David Cornwell to represent him in the process.

In a statement to the Houston Chronicle on Friday, Cornwell said, "Bryan did everything humanly possible to comply with the NFL steroid policy, including obtaining doctors' written authorization to take weight-loss medication. He did not use steroids."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3661845

It's not a bust for steroids. He took a "banned substance," which in this case was a diet pill having elements that sometimes show up as a masking agent. He appealed the test result. We'll see what happens but just for the CHANCE that he could be suspended four games, the Texans will have to weigh their options.

Why does a snapper need to take roids?

As other people have already said, there is no proof that he took steroids. However, he may have been taking the masking agents so that steroids or possibly other banned substances he was taking didn't show up on the tests.

But, more to the point, a long snapper needs to be strong and it helps to be fast. The bigger, stronger, and faster he is, the better he plays. As he gets older, it gets harder and harder to maintain the level of his physical condition.

There isn't a single position in any sport that couldn't improve their performance using one drug or another.

Hel-LOOO...the first sentence says what he took.
Mortensen also confirmed that Houston Texans long snapper Bryan Pittman is among those players to test positive for using a weight-loss supplement

He got busted for taking the same type of drug women take to relieve monthy water-weight gain. Its NOT steroids. As TPN said, its on the banned list because it makes steroids more difficult to detect. My money says he was taking it to make some weight target set by the club and straight exercise wasn't cutting it.

Wasnt Bulman getting training from Pittman to do long snapping?

I remember reading about one of our young guys expanding on his "portfolio" by learning to long snap.

Wasnt Bulman getting training from Pittman to do long snapping?

I remember reading about one of our young guys expanding on his "portfolio" by learning to long snap.

Back in June Marciano told Bulman to be ready to be the back up longsnapper.

Hel-LOOO...the first sentence says what he took.

He got busted for taking the same type of drug women take to relieve monthy water-weight gain. Its NOT steroids. As TPN said, its on the banned list because it makes steroids more difficult to detect. My money says he was taking it to make some weight target set by the club and straight exercise wasn't cutting it.

While it's true he only got busted for the diuretic, the substance is a well known masking agent that covers up steroid use. So while he didn't get busted for 'roids, the NFL will probably treat the case the same as they did Merriman when he got popped (Or Marcus Stroud).

It's not a bust for steroids. He took a "banned substance," which in this case was a diet pill having elements that sometimes show up as a masking agent. He appealed the test result. We'll see what happens but just for the CHANCE that he could be suspended four games, the Texans will have to weigh their options.

"the Texans will have to weigh their options."

NICE ONE.

While it's true he only got busted for the diuretic, the substance is a well known masking agent that covers up steroid use. So while he didn't get busted for 'roids, the NFL will probably treat the case the same as they did Merriman when he got popped (Or Marcus Stroud).

My point wasn't to say Pittman would get off. I totally think he'll get a 4-game suspension.

In fact, as straight-laced as McNair wants his team to appear, he may have Kubiak cut him to set an example.

Back