Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2005   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do you remember your pre-season W-L prediction?

I think I picked them to finish 6-10 if there were lot of injuries, and 8-8 if the team stayed healthy.

7-9. Not bad. I think that is what a lot of you predicted.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I predicted one win on either side of .500

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 7-9

I had 6-10 to 8-8. In my mind the team needed for other team in dividsion to get worse for them to make a serious playoff run.

Right now 2005 9-7/10-6, but still a inconsistent football team.

BTW, most experts(non texans fans) had the Texans 7-9 or worse.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #4
Anishin
Rookie

I was hoping for 8-8, after week 8 I was hoping for better than that even.
Anishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I said 7-9 straight up....I WAS RIGHT! (kind of a good news,bad news thing)
Old 01-02-2005   #6
BWPaint
Rookie

I had 7-9 with progress.....we end up with 7-9 without progress....

this is very very sad....something must be done with:

OLine, Coaching Staff, Dline
BWPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I predicted 8-8, but said I'd be OK with it if they went 7-9. On the whole, I am OK with this season, but right now this team is making me sick. Finishing 8-8 with their first 3 game winning streak would have been so much better and all they had to do was beat the lowly Browns in Reliant stadium with over 70000 cheering them on. They won 2 in a row that they were expected to lose, but then lost a game that shouldn't have been difficult at all to win. I guess that's the way it goes.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2005   #8
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's always so hard after a woulda, coulda, shoulda game. Overall the 7-9 record is in line with what I was thinking they could do, but the way the ended makes me sick to my stomach. How does a Cleveland team with nothing to play for outplay a Texans team with respect on their minds? There are still a lot of things to be optimistic about with this team, but they can't take these games lightly in 2005.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #9
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't remember exactly, but it was either 10-6 or 11-5.

Hey, I only missed it by 3-4 wins.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #10
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

i stated i would be disappointed with anything less than 8-8 and i am.
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #11
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I think I said 7-9...I wish that I was wrong

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I predicted one win on either side of .500
I'm with Vinny on this one, but then after the San Diego loss I lowered my expectations to 7-9. nobody throws a game & I'm sure both Capers & his coaches along with the players wanted to have a winning season 3rd year into the 5 year plan.

On a positive, losing to the Browns should help the Texans (& Vinny in the HoustonTexans.com Mock Draft) get the player they want in the 2005 draft. For every dark cloud there is a silver lining. I'll be first with my (blind faith) prediction for 2005-2006-

TEXANS 10-6
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #13
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126709 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

for the most part i was an 8-8 guy...i got caught up in some of the preseason hype on these boards when it seemed everybody and their brother was forecasting playoffs (where are they now?) i called 9-7 a possibility...and really it was...san diego (4 turnovers or 5?) detroit (same song and dance)...greenbay (4-seconds)...minessota (ot heartbreaker) come to mind along with others.

in reality, this team is only mediocre. thats no insult. we're good some days and horrible others....but never consistent. we do have some pieces in place...but then so does just about everyteam.

progress was made. so kudos texans ,but theres a lot of work to be done this offseason. now isnt to early to start.
Old 01-02-2005   #14
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I said 8-8 and believe we should have at least pulled that one out of the hat. Today...

I am a little perturbed over today's fiasco disguised as a pro football game.

Got alot to prove next season with this mess we ended with.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #15
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Not many people owning up to their expectations of 10-6 or better with a trip to the playoffs. That's interesting...
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #16
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126709 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

feel free to do some thread surfing. 9-7 in one thread. 8-8 in at least a dozen others. ive got no shame.
Old 01-02-2005   #17
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I had 7-9 as my low end prediction if we had lots of injuries, and bad luck. I expected us to go anywhere from 8-8 to 9-7. The Texans definately didn't live up to my expectations this season, but then again I didn't expect them to sweep both the Jags and Titans. I'm a bit confused over this season. I'm thrilled at how well we played within the division, but I'm a bit frustrated that we only managed to win 3 games outside our division. 7-9 isn't a terrible record, but it definately leaves plenty of room for improvement next year. I fully expect us to be in the playoffs next year, and if the AFC playoff race is anything like it was this year then we'd need at least 9 but more likely 10 wins to get into the post season.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #18
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

On the thread that is around here from last July, I said 6 or 7. And after all, seven wins is progress from 5... .. eek:
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe I was in the "8-8 give or take a game" crowd but confess that at one point in the season I felt 10-6 was an outside possiblity. Later in the year I wondered whether or not we would see 6-10.

I just think that they're taking longer on the offensive line than I'd originally expected. Maybe I was overly optimistic or maybe they're just slow learners. I don't know the answer to that.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #20
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought 10-6 was possible.I hope they will go 10-6 next year! Today's game was hard to watch and not too much to be happy about. O-line needs to make an improvement next year. Carr needs more quick timing patterns where can get in a rythmn. Hopefully DD will start off next year , they way he ended it this year!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read